|Posted on 02-May-2000 19:59 GMT by Christian Kemp||24 comments|
Tony Pascoal noticed on amiga-news.de
that Be News has a poll that also features the Amiga. The question is The next
Operating System I would like to try out soon will be, and one of the possible answers is ElateOS/Amiga.
As of right now, 23.90% out of 1433 voters thought the Amiga was their number one choice. When I checked 200 voters earlier, we were still at place #4.
|List of all comments to this article|
|BeNews poll : Comment 14 of 24||ANN.lu|
|Posted by nyxordnA on 02-May-2000 22:00 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 13 (Anonymous):|
* (12) "the fate of everything really depended on it", Nope, he's talking about
* nutter behvior generally. An alternative reading of the Jim Collas period:
* Jim actually had agreements with Transmeta.
* Nutters could not wait for info.
* They went on and on.
* Jim saw them as the voice of the community and caved in to what he saw as
* community pressure. Secretive Transmeta dropped Amiga and Gateway.
* "Everything really depended on it"
We're talking about an open poll here, mind you.
So Transmeta drops Amiga because Jim Collas couldn't keep his mouth shut. Not
because of "nutter behaviour"... I'm sure most nutters would be happy with a
"we are making a deal with someone major, with a revolutionary product. Because
of NDA's I can't tell you anymore, but be excited, very excited". Or something.
If Jim Collas let himself be dictated by the "community", I guess he was never
suited to head Amiga anyways.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||