24-Jan-2022 16:22 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
[News] AmigaOS XL: Sale started on 18.10.ANN.lu
Posted on 24-Oct-2001 10:17 GMT by Teemu I. Yliselä54 comments
View flat
View list
Haage & Partner announce: "Sales of AmigaOS XL started on Thursday, the 18.10. The delivery of the pre-orders will last until the end of the week. Thank you very much for your understanding. Last weekend the new version was introduced and sold at Pianeta 2001 in Empoli (Italy)."
List of all comments to this article
Sorted by date, most recent at bottom
Comment 1Dave24-Oct-2001 11:27 GMT
Comment 2Loki24-Oct-2001 14:50 GMT
Comment 3Alkis Tsapanidis24-Oct-2001 15:00 GMT
Comment 4Bill Hoggett24-Oct-2001 16:37 GMT
Comment 5Andrew Deacon24-Oct-2001 16:51 GMT
Comment 6zootzoot24-Oct-2001 17:02 GMT
Comment 7zootzoot24-Oct-2001 17:24 GMT
Comment 8Anonymous24-Oct-2001 17:32 GMT
Comment 9zootzoot24-Oct-2001 17:46 GMT
Comment 10Anonymous24-Oct-2001 18:35 GMT
Comment 11Jürgen Lange24-Oct-2001 18:38 GMT
Comment 12Jürgen Lange24-Oct-2001 18:45 GMT
Comment 13Jürgen Lange24-Oct-2001 18:51 GMT
Comment 14Jürgen Lange24-Oct-2001 19:03 GMT
Comment 15Shawn24-Oct-2001 19:18 GMT
Comment 16ROTFLMAO!24-Oct-2001 19:21 GMT
Comment 17redrumloa24-Oct-2001 20:01 GMT
Comment 18Andrew Deacon24-Oct-2001 20:12 GMT
Comment 19Andrew Deacon24-Oct-2001 20:18 GMT
AmigaOS XL: Sale started on 18.10. : Comment 20 of 54ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett on 24-Oct-2001 20:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (redrumloa):
> Payback w/update 5-Warp3D:Requires real Amiga with 3D GFX card. I own it,
> if you don't go buy it now. Don't tell me there are no quality original
> software titles for the Amiga.
In terms of games there are very few. Even though Payback is an original title, it is not an original game design (being a clone of GTA). But yes it seems a good enough game, and if it was my type of game I'd buy it.
> And guess what? If the complainers would open their eyes and buy quality
> original software(oh I forgot the compainers dont actually own a Amiga),
> then we would see more quality original titles. James Daniels may be making
> more original titles if Payback sells enough.
Sorry, I did in fact complain, that's true. But if you think I don't own an Amiga (and I mean a fully qualified genuine Amiga) you are wrong. You are equally wrong if you think I don't own Amiga software. However one or two decent original games a year will not be enough to sustain a market.
> Freespace:Requires real Amiga with Warp3D.
No, it doesn't. Hyperion's statement is based on 060+3D card (software renderer on 060 is too slow) or PPC with or without 3D. In fact Freespace runs on both AmigaXL and Amithlon (using the software renderer), most likely at a decent speed as the emulated 68k has more processing power than the BPPC and CSPPC of today. However, this is not acknowledged on Hyperion's requirements as they don't recognise the existence of AmigaOS XL as a viable platform.
> Don't tell me Hyperion does BAD PORTS. They do GOOD ports for people who
> actually use their amigas, i will be buying it. I'm curious to see how it
> performs on my 060/75 w/Voodoo3.
They do good OLD ports, and that's why those ports can't compete with the Windows versions which by then have become dirt cheap. Whose fault is that?
Jump...
#22 Alkis Tsapanidis
TopPrevious commentNext commentbottom
List of all comments to this article (continued)
Comment 21Bill Hoggett24-Oct-2001 20:56 GMT
Comment 22Alkis Tsapanidis24-Oct-2001 21:13 GMT
Comment 23Alkis Tsapanidis24-Oct-2001 21:24 GMT
Comment 24zootzoot24-Oct-2001 21:28 GMT
Comment 25Frank Livadaros24-Oct-2001 22:55 GMT
Comment 26mark24-Oct-2001 23:33 GMT
Comment 27Jürgen Lange25-Oct-2001 00:54 GMT
Comment 28Shawn25-Oct-2001 01:16 GMT
Comment 29Shawn25-Oct-2001 01:20 GMT
Comment 30Anonymous25-Oct-2001 01:30 GMT
Comment 31Shawn25-Oct-2001 01:34 GMT
Comment 32Jürgen Lange25-Oct-2001 02:18 GMT
Comment 33CumGuzzler25-Oct-2001 03:03 GMT
Comment 34EyeAm25-Oct-2001 03:55 GMT
Comment 35priest25-Oct-2001 04:53 GMT
Comment 36priest25-Oct-2001 05:06 GMT
Comment 37Bill Hoggett25-Oct-2001 05:11 GMT
Comment 38Solar (BAUD)25-Oct-2001 05:45 GMT
Comment 39Solar (BAUD)25-Oct-2001 05:47 GMT
Comment 40Anonymous25-Oct-2001 06:35 GMT
Comment 41Brecht25-Oct-2001 06:41 GMT
Comment 42Dave25-Oct-2001 06:50 GMT
Comment 43Mika Hanhijärvi25-Oct-2001 06:52 GMT
Comment 44Dave25-Oct-2001 06:56 GMT
Comment 45Dave25-Oct-2001 07:00 GMT
Comment 46Mika Hanhijärvi25-Oct-2001 07:02 GMT
Comment 47Dave25-Oct-2001 07:02 GMT
Comment 48Anonymous25-Oct-2001 10:03 GMT
Comment 49John Block25-Oct-2001 11:01 GMT
Comment 50Dave25-Oct-2001 11:08 GMT
Comment 51David Scheibler25-Oct-2001 16:07 GMT
Comment 52redrumloa25-Oct-2001 19:21 GMT
Comment 53Brecht (darklite)25-Oct-2001 19:25 GMT
Comment 54redrumloa26-Oct-2001 00:58 GMT
Back to Top