|[News] Amiga 2001 news update (updated)||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 18-Nov-2001 15:07 GMT by Teemu I. Yliselä||69 comments|
Some news gathered from several sources attending the show.
A complete Pegasos-based computer system that will be on sale next year will cost approximately 1000 euro (~$900). The motherboards will also be available separately.
Hyperion and Haage & Partner are developing AmigaOS 4 with several other developers. New features include:
Hyperion also told that they've been talking with both Elbox and BPlan and that they want to have versions of AmigaOS 4 for the SharkPPC and Pegasos.
- PPC native Picasso96
- New Warp3D with "Matrox-, Permedia3- and Radeon1/2-support"
- Generic PCI-drivers
- BlizzardPPC-support evaluated
- Integrated 68k-emulation
- PPC datatypes
- Price: approximately the same as OS3.9
- Initial release planned for February
[The original item I posted had some mistakes in it, and since amiga-news.de even took down the article I used as a primary source, I decided to repost the item edited - Teemu] [I merged new article and old comments - CK]
|List of all comments to this article|
|Amiga 2001 news update (updated) : Comment 43 of 69||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Ben Yoris/Hyperion on 19-Nov-2001 08:26 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 37 (Anonymous):|
Hi Anonymous :)
Well I don't know if Ben Hermans knows or ignore that Morphos has a fully working JIT, but I guess Morphos people demonstrated it enough on the show to convince people.
So yes, Morphos also has a fast JIT emulator.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||
- User Menu
- About ANN archives
- The ANN archives is powered by #AmigaZeux. It was updated daily (news last: 22-Oct-2004; comments last: 18-May-2005).
ANN.lu was created, previously owned and maintained by Christian Kemp, www.ckemp.com.
- Not possible at this time!
- Search ANN archives
- Advanced search
- ANN.lu was hosted by Dreamhost. Sign up through this link, mention "ckemp" as referrer and he will get a 10% commission on any account you purchase.
Please show your appreciation for any past,
present and future work on ANN.lu by making a contribution via PayPal.