|[News] Pegasos and Morphos on German TV 3Sat||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 15-May-2002 20:36 GMT by Christophe Decanini||272 comments|
The bplan GmbH would like to inform you about the Computer Magazine taking place on the 27th of may at 9.30 pm.|
neues - das Computer- und Telekommunikationsmagazin auf 3sat
There is an IRC chat scheduled after the show.
Check it out here.
|List of all comments to this article|
|Pegasos and Morphos on German TV 3Sat : Comment 223 of 272||ANN.lu|
|Posted by DaveW on 19-May-2002 11:09 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 214 (Kronos):|
In there, you reveal that you are pretty cynical about PPC and you would have to be convinced that what was produced was superior ( in both cases ) to what you have Amithlon (IIRC). This is a very wise standpoint.
You then go onto a bit of a subjective point about having more faith in BPlan/MorphOS vs Eyetech/Hyperion.
You also dont say *why* you have less faith in what Eyetech and Hyperion are up to given the facts.
* neither cartel have released production ready systems.
* both are operating within business models designed to oppose each other.
* both tout incompatible Amiga-a-like operating systems
* both will sell mono-processor systems clocked at 600Mhz (G3) to start with
* both seem to have a fan base that specialises in FUD of the worst kind
* both are far from the kind of pro act you will see taking a major market share of the computer industry
So I cant see why you engage in the silly war there is going on given you have the same starting point as myself.
The only things I have against Eyetech and Hyperion is their ability to keep to schedule - but then I have the same issue with BPlan and MorphOS. Or even the ability to nominate an end date in the first damn place....
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||
- User Menu
- About ANN archives
- The ANN archives is powered by #AmigaZeux. It was updated daily (news last: 22-Oct-2004; comments last: 18-May-2005).
ANN.lu was created, previously owned and maintained by Christian Kemp, www.ckemp.com.
- Not possible at this time!
- Search ANN archives
- Advanced search
- ANN.lu was hosted by Dreamhost. Sign up through this link, mention "ckemp" as referrer and he will get a 10% commission on any account you purchase.
Please show your appreciation for any past,
present and future work on ANN.lu by making a contribution via PayPal.