|Pegasos and Morphos on German TV 3Sat : Comment 223 of 272||ANN.lu|
|Posted by DaveW on 19-May-2002 11:09 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 214 (Kronos):|
In there, you reveal that you are pretty cynical about PPC and you would have to be convinced that what was produced was superior ( in both cases ) to what you have Amithlon (IIRC). This is a very wise standpoint.
You then go onto a bit of a subjective point about having more faith in BPlan/MorphOS vs Eyetech/Hyperion.
You also dont say *why* you have less faith in what Eyetech and Hyperion are up to given the facts.
* neither cartel have released production ready systems.
* both are operating within business models designed to oppose each other.
* both tout incompatible Amiga-a-like operating systems
* both will sell mono-processor systems clocked at 600Mhz (G3) to start with
* both seem to have a fan base that specialises in FUD of the worst kind
* both are far from the kind of pro act you will see taking a major market share of the computer industry
So I cant see why you engage in the silly war there is going on given you have the same starting point as myself.
The only things I have against Eyetech and Hyperion is their ability to keep to schedule - but then I have the same issue with BPlan and MorphOS. Or even the ability to nominate an end date in the first damn place....