|Posted on 19-Nov-2002 17:08 GMT by ulrich panzer (Edited on 2002-11-19 19:16:16 GMT by Teemu I. Yliselš)||6 comments|
news of tamar
Again once pieces of news regarding valley OF Tamar gives Ladies and Gentlemen.|
Version 0.46 is the first official (and of course free) update for Tales
of Tamar. As promised, we'll keep improving and expanding the game.
Since the release of the CD version, quite a few things have happened:
- Title screen reconverted. Antialiasing improved
- Diplomacy: Personal messages can be sent and received
- Cheat protection for ARMY, SHIP and MOVE chunk
- Fonts have been reworked by Damaso Dominguez
Spanish characters are now shown correctly
- ToT is now running on MorphOS for Amiga and Pegasos
- new BardsTale stories
- Ruines added
- new map images for town level 2 to 4
- CGX V5 is now recognized
- first level town had incorrect number of inhabitants
- plundered trade ships left their loaded figure in the water. Fixed
- loss of capital caused problems
- fallback mode for screen mode rewritten
- output in FTP routine and diplomcy removed
- Bugfix in chunkmachine
- Bugfixes in stringinput
- Bugfixes in TaverneOfflineChat
- resources display und AGA fixed
- some bugfixes relating to ships
- repair routines for ship
- building screen updated
- gotcha changed from hardware to software
- fadein and fadeout is in software on the Pegasos now
- CGX V5 check
- MorphOS is now detected correctly
- BardsTale now completely in german available
We'd like to discuss three things in particular:
First is the new option to send "intime" messages directly
to another player. The feature allows you to act completely
undetected, you don't have to use a secondary email account
to exchange messages without a thrid party noticing. A quite
Next is the addition of ruins and different twon levels on the map.
Before, all town had the same image, the one of a small village.
Form now on, abandoned towns will show as ruins and the image of a
town will adapt to its size. Major towns will be visible as such to
The whole system can be extended as far as adapting the land around a town.
The bigger your town becomes, the more more settlement and small buildings
will appear in the surrounding lands. You may see small farms, picturesqe
houses by small lakes, or hunters hideouts. Your land can change every turn.
The possibilites are only limited by the capacity of the server and the
number of players. The more players, the more possibilities :-)
Last but not least, we would like to thank some people for helping us
bringing Tales of Tamar to MorphOS. First would be Ralph Schmidt, who
really helped and just talked like other people. And Frank Mariak, whose
fixes to CyberGFX V5 made is possible for Tales to be adapted. Thank you
to both of them!
Tales of Tamar is now running on MorphOS for Amiga and Pegasos. It benefits
form the WarpUP emulation in MorphOS, which even seems to be faster than
the original. Since Tales of Tamar is a mixed binary, the PPC routines
work under MorphOS as well. Animations are even faster there. We will
keep adapting more features to MorphOS in the future.
Tales of Tamar is a platform-independent, turnbased
Massively-Multiplayer-Online-Roleplaying game like Kaiser or
Civilization and is set in a medieval fantasy world. The player can
interact with thousands of other real people in world via the Internet.
Tales of Tamar was developed by Eternity and can be ordered form
www.eternity-computer.de or www.tamar.net.
|List of all comments to this article|
|Sorted by date, most recent at bottom|
|Comment 1||Anonymous||19-Nov-2002 17:14 GMT|
|Comment 2||CodeSmith||19-Nov-2002 18:05 GMT|
|Comment 3||Christian Kemp||19-Nov-2002 18:05 GMT|
|Comment 4||Wolfen||20-Nov-2002 08:02 GMT|
|Comment 5||Bill Hoggett||20-Nov-2002 13:39 GMT|
|Comment 6||Jens Neubauer||20-Nov-2002 18:37 GMT||