|Posted on 15-Jul-2003 15:10 GMT by ulrich panzer||6 comments|
news of tamar
Bigger, better, faster!|
After months of hard work, we are proud to present the fifth update
to Tales of Tamar, version 0.50!
It is not only the biggest one yet (13MB), but also contains some
substantial changes and extensions to the game.
What has happened since V0.49?
Until now, you could only trade weapons, armour and ships. After
numerous requests, we have extended the trade system to now
incorporate raw resources and luxury goods.
Luxury goods are an important new feature. Especially large and
wealthy realms require certain luxury items over time. If these aren't
available, the people will lose confidence. Small countries, on the
other hand, do not need as many of those items and can earn money by
selling them to the larger ones.
Each item type is represented by a nicely rendered animation.
Besides the production of luxury goods, you can now also earn money
from selling raw resources. This version allows you to store unused
resources and to sell them to others. The buyers can thus increase their
There is a whole new screen for luxury goods and resources. The game
gains another level of complexity.
Fog of War:
As seen in other games like Warcraft 2, Tales of Tamar now also
uses Fog of War. Until now, all scouted terrain was visible to a
player. This new feature hides areas that are outside the visible
range of any player's units and allows you to sneak up on enemies. This
wars more interesting (especially against big countries) and piracy
easier. These sophisticated routines use the PPC, if available.
Annexing and besieging towns:
Tales of Tamar now has new rules regarding the attack of towns. Now,
all troops of both the attacker and defender are taken into
account (including artillery).
Names on the map:
This version allows you to name any object on the map (woods, mountains,
rivers, lakes). Those names can be optionally shown.
Realms with churches and cathedrals can now call for a Holy War! This
allows you to have 5-10% more army recruits than usual. In large realms,
can be in the order of 10,000 men. Be careful though, prolonged Holy
Wars will cost you the confidence of your people.
Additional new features:
- number of deserters is now shown
- port screen no longer requires an anim
- InitScreen: requester for SMTP-Auth
- annexing rewritten
- luxury screen and luxury goods
- map centers on active town
- ability to put names anywhere on the map
- waterfall anim added
- new title picture
- loaded units shown directly underneath the ship
- server uses two mailbox addresses for increased reliability
Bugfixes since V0.49 :
- screenmode requester now checks the correct screen dimension.
- figures in water weren't always deleted
- armies with wrong figure were not recognized by chunkmachine
- map screen now deletes army chunk if last army node is deleted
- granary: values for backbuffer corrected
- map screen: optential bug fixed
- port screen no longer requires anim
- motion task now has semaphore
- buffer for buildings increased (thx ONeill)
- bugfix in market
- CheckPersonEvent was still buggy
- Bug in ChunkMachine fixed. Overflow if to many figures on the map
- SendeFileAsEmail rewritten
- townlevel doens't drop to 2 if castle or cathedral was built
- townlevel doens't drop to 2 if palace or circus was built
- Screenname under P96
- requester in barracks improved
- bug with "deleting figures in water" fixed
- town menu on map fixed
- menu in tavern
- 'To' added to turn mails again
- possible bug in trade screen (from PC version)
- bugfix in CheckOtherClient (thx Matador)
- pointers in luxury screen now shown correctly
Status of versions for other systems:
- PC Version: completed
- Mac Version: 90%
As you can see, a lot happens on Tamar, and we will not stop until we
have won you as a player as well! Unfortunately, sales numbers for
the Amiga version haven't exactly been breathtaking.
That's why we want to know how much interest for our game there is
within the Amiga community:
Tales of Tamar with 3D map?
Many of you requested a 3D map screen. We are working on it, but
we are not sure if the work is worthwhile for the Amiga version.
First, take a
Tell us if you like it, and show us your support by buying the game.
We need more players on the Amiga, and we are willing to work hard for
you. But with little or no support, we'll have a hard time to keep up
the motivation. This 3D map will be a lot of work. Send your opinion
to email@example.com (For ordering visit www.tamar.net).
Thats all for now from Tales of Tamar,
With the best regards to the Amiga community, we remain,
BTW. Only seven years until V1.00 :-)
|List of all comments to this article|
|Sorted by date, most recent at bottom|
|Comment 1||trott3r||15-Jul-2003 17:12 GMT|
|Comment 2||Bill Hoggett||15-Jul-2003 20:24 GMT|
|Comment 3||NihilVor||15-Jul-2003 21:25 GMT|
|Comment 4||Jupp3||16-Jul-2003 09:53 GMT|
|news of tamar : Comment 5 of 6||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Matt Parsons on 18-Jul-2003 13:39 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 4 (Jupp3):|
The 3D map looks cool, if it was available for AROS, I'd buy it.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||