|[Files] MorphOS 1.4 available||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 09-Aug-2003 08:34 GMT by Martin "Senex" Heine||129 comments|
After finishing the internal betatest, Genesi today released MorphOS 1.4 in the version of Aug. 9th to all registered Pegasos-users. It's downloadable as usual from the BT2-FTP-server.
The new features of MorphOS 1.4 include:|
- JIT compiler "Trance"
- Turboprint integrated
- USB integrated
- Radeon DVI & overlay (except for 8500)
- 3d for Voodoo3 & 4
- Warp3D emulation
- support for graphic tablets
- S/PDIF output
- sound datatypes
- Kaya (mp3/ogg sound player)
- ambient panels/lasso/shortcuts
- dock manager
- new fonts & skins
- more mprefs
- on the fly skin change
- boot without connected ps2 mouse
- keyboard reboot
- and more...
|List of all comments to this article|
|MorphOS 1.4 available : Comment 38 of 129||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Anonymous on 09-Aug-2003 20:37 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 36 (Johan Rönnblom):|
> You're right that testing feature X in program Y will only be meaningful for people using feature X in program Y.
You are talking to Don now, arent't you? Because I was exactly *not* saying that. Benchmarks, simplistic as they are, have a value if choosen somewhat carefully and with warning that they often give only one side of the coin (e.g. CPU's integer performance). My complaint was about choosing a stupid one-sided benchmark such as a blur filter. Near-to-nothing value in that. It's a few lines of code execute a million times. Any tiny bias in those lines towards the ways of either UAE or Trance will multiply with that factor (a million) and totally skew the result. Next filter, totally different result.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||
- User Menu
- About ANN archives
- The ANN archives is powered by #AmigaZeux. It was updated daily (news last: 22-Oct-2004; comments last: 18-May-2005).
ANN.lu was created, previously owned and maintained by Christian Kemp, www.ckemp.com.
- Not possible at this time!
- Search ANN archives
- Advanced search
- ANN.lu was hosted by Dreamhost. Sign up through this link, mention "ckemp" as referrer and he will get a 10% commission on any account you purchase.
Please show your appreciation for any past,
present and future work on ANN.lu by making a contribution via PayPal.