|[Files] New AmigaOne firmware available||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 06-Oct-2004 12:44 GMT by Rik Sweeney||226 comments|
A news item on AmigaWorld.net states that Hyperion has released the update of U-Boot to 1.1.1
|List of all comments to this article|
|New AmigaOne firmware available : Comment 112 of 226||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2004 04:18 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 104 (JoannaK):|
Well, you don't have to take it to court, just read the FAQ and follow the steps it mentions, ok? Let's have a look:
"What should I do if I discover a possible violation of the GPL?
You should report it. First, check the facts as best you can. Then tell the publisher or copyright holder of the specific GPL-covered program."
1. "First, check the facts as best you can."
This really includes contacting the person who may have violated the GPL, pointing out what you think has been done wrong as you have no way of knowing if a specific license have been given to that specific person. And unless the copyright holder have asked for a copyright notice in the documentation, none is really required. Actually, some may not even want to have such a notice included for whatever reason they may have.
2. When you are sure a violation has occured and any possible mistakes haven't been corrected (everyone can make a mistake and I think we all need to be forgiving if the one making a mistake does what they can to make things right, don't you think?) it's time to take some action, which are:
"Then tell the publisher or copyright holder of the specific GPL-covered program."
Conclusion: If we all follow these simple steps, none of these "possible violations" would need to be made public and everyone would be much happier, except maybe for those who think humiliating people in public is a fun thing to do.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||
- User Menu
- About ANN archives
- The ANN archives is powered by #AmigaZeux. It was updated daily (news last: 22-Oct-2004; comments last: 18-May-2005).
ANN.lu was created, previously owned and maintained by Christian Kemp, www.ckemp.com.
- Not possible at this time!
- Search ANN archives
- Advanced search
- ANN.lu was hosted by Dreamhost. Sign up through this link, mention "ckemp" as referrer and he will get a 10% commission on any account you purchase.
Please show your appreciation for any past,
present and future work on ANN.lu by making a contribution via PayPal.