01-Dec-2021 15:14 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 179 items in your selection (but only 29 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 179]
[News] Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled!ANN.lu
Posted on 21-May-2002 18:00 GMT by Christophe Decanini179 comments
View flat
View list
From MorphOS News.
The Pegasos presentation in 'neues' has been cancelled. An official statement will follow.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 151 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Amifan on 23-May-2002 07:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 106 (Eva):
>It's something that follows MoS philosofy.
You mean the (M)icr(o) (S)oft philosofy? ;-)
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 152 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by cheesegrate on 23-May-2002 07:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 148 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
there has been no evidence presented ..
so it is up to amino to destroy the community while attempting
to control their sheep purchasing power
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 153 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Braver on 23-May-2002 08:19 GMT
If Amiga Inc/Ben Hermans continues as it, in one year there will be nothing more of the community Amiga. AmigaOne will be sold to some hundreds of copies and it is everything.
We will say thanks to these people and Amiga will be fast forgotten. It's really pathetic.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 154 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Andrea on 23-May-2002 08:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 149 (Amifan):
I'd like to point out that the Pegasos shown at Pianeta Amiga, in Italy last October, was put in an OPEN tower, so, yes, the insides have been seen by everyone who was there. Just wanted to let you know, not wanting to take part to this `war', on any side you might think of..
Kind regards,
Andrea
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 155 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Björn Hagström on 23-May-2002 08:52 GMT
While you're still on topic:
MOS is actually the swedish word for Mash (As in mashed potatoes).
/Björn
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 156 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Kay Are Ulvestad on 23-May-2002 08:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 152 (cheesegrate):
> there has been no evidence presented ..
-
That's right, there hasn't. So why are you already passing judgement, then?
-
Kay
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 157 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Henning Nielsen Lund on 23-May-2002 09:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 155 (Björn Hagström):
> MOS is actually the swedish word for Mash (As in mashed potatoes).
It's the same in danish ;o)
I would like to call it "the Mashed Operating System" ;o)
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 158 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Björn Hagström on 23-May-2002 09:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 157 (Henning Nielsen Lund):
Want a hot dog and some strong mustard with that?
/Björn
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 159 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 23-May-2002 09:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 153 (Braver):
IMO: Be Inc tried to "steal" Amiga Community (with BeBox and BeOS). The community was too smart for that. Now bplan does the same with the exception that they might even manage to run some existing Amiga apps in their emulation box. Will/can the community be fooled this time. I hope not.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 160 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Braver on 23-May-2002 10:35 GMT
In reply to Comment 159 (priest):
priest : I was not interested in the past, but in the future of Amiga. Because if this one disappears, that will be the end of a computer area. Personally, nothing will replace Amiga for me.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 161 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Arno on 23-May-2002 11:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 147 (Leki):
Yet Another Ben Hermans Fan (YABHF)
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 162 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 23-May-2002 11:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 159 (priest):
>IMO: Be Inc tried to "steal" Amiga Community (with BeBox and BeOS). The
>community was too smart for that. Now bplan does the same with the exception
>that they might even manage to run some existing Amiga apps in their emulation
>box. Will/can the community be fooled this time. I hope not.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 163 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 23-May-2002 11:33 GMT
In reply to Comment 156 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
>> there has been no evidence presented ..
>-
>That's right, there hasn't. So why are you already passing judgement, then?
>-
>Kay
Perhaps because we've got this funny thing in the western world called innocent until proven guilty. You may have heard of it?
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 164 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 23-May-2002 11:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 159 (priest):
>IMO: Be Inc tried to "steal" Amiga Community (with BeBox and BeOS). The community was too
>smart for that. Now bplan does the same with the exception that they might even manage to
>run some existing Amiga apps in their emulation box. Will/can the community be fooled this
>time. I hope not.
Oh c'mon now. What Be did was marketing. We all wish Commodore had done the same. If bPlan has not broken any laws, I find them quite free to market their product in a way they see fit. Nobody owns the community. It's a market. Products compete.
Some people are just plain narrow-minded. Reminds me of the Amiga vs. ST fights back when. But even then it was about better product, now it seems to be about hypothetical technologies fighting over a name.
Why not just let the better one win?
Personally I probably too hope they will sue and that both parties have enough money and insurance to see it through. That way we could finally get to the bottom of this. A claim has been made, mud has been thrown, now it is time prove it one way or the other.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 165 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Kay Are Ulvestad on 23-May-2002 13:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 163 (Anonymous):
> Perhaps because we've got this funny thing in the western world called innocent
> until proven guilty. You may have heard of it?
-
Of course I've heard of that. Why do you think it's a funny thing? You can save
your sarcasm for someone who needs it.
-
I'll also refrain from claiming MOS to be illegal until I see some evidence to
prove the contrary. That's not where I disagree with Mr.Cheesegrate and the rest
of the "AInc-is-evil" campaign crew. What I DO disagree with, is how some people
are completely dismissing the possibility that AInc's claims may indeed be justified.
Instead, without having any knowledge of the realities, they blatantly claim it to be
nothing but a cheap business trick, and threaten to boycott (arrgh) and discredit
them if they go through with it.
-
Until something is proven, I'll consider BOTH parties to be innocent. Work with that
sentence for a while before you reply.
-
Next time you reply to something I've written, please make some effort to understand
it. And please refrain from making cheap points by making quoting great principles
of democracy and such. Especially when I am not violating them. Thanks.
-
Kay
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 166 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 23-May-2002 13:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 165 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
You forget that it's Innocent until proved otherwise not guilty
until proved otherwise...
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 167 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Kay Are Ulvestad on 23-May-2002 13:25 GMT
In reply to Comment 166 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Look. I'm tired of arguing with people who can't be arsed to read what I write. People
like you. Read my post again. Find the section where I am considering anyone to
be "guilty until proven otherwise", as you are implying. Quote it for me. Because I
can't find it.
-
Kay
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 168 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 23-May-2002 15:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 167 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
Sorry, misread your statement.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 169 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by justice on 23-May-2002 16:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 146 (cheesegrate):
yes,Though I doubt Amiga,Inc. would go bankrupt. I believe they have a good case having seen what RS has posted over the years about what he knows and has seen.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 170 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Kay Are Ulvestad on 23-May-2002 16:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 168 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Ok. Sorry for being so harsh, I guess I overreacted. My mood is not the most
stable these days. Could be connected with me being trapped in a 10m² flat trying
to read "Database System - The complete book", while people are getting tans,
throwing frisbees, and generally enjoying the summer right outside my window.
They're doing it to mock me, I tell you! To mock me! :-)
-
Kay
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 171 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 23-May-2002 16:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 149 (Amifan):
>LOL! in a closed tower.
Liar! The tower has been open and you could see the board + cpu.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 172 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 23-May-2002 16:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 165 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
>Until something is proven, I'll consider BOTH parties to be innocent. Work
>with that sentence for a while before you reply.
There is no need to try and extrapolate my patterns of behaviour from a reply of less than two lines and one with a clear dose of apparent sarcasm. It may have been a dry reply on my part, but no disrespect was intended.
I do not claim Amiga Inc.'s claims are not justified, but they do have the burden of proof and so far they have only made claims in public without attempting to do so. This may be a legal strategy of theirs, but nonetheless they are using the public forum to cast doubt on bPlan without providing any compelling evidence or proceeding with appropriate legal action.
They are passing judgement already and with them a whole lot of people, many without knowning any facts of the case. I can understand why Amiga Inc. are doing this, and if their claim is justified I do hope they win in court, but the assumption of innocence has been long forgotten on bPlan's part by a lot of people here - and this mostly because of what Amiga Inc. has said without providing proof.
Again, perhaps a legal strategy, but the public backlash is the other side of the coin.
Amiga Inc. may be doing it in good faith and their case may be justified, I do agree with you there, and I agree that your basic principle - in the form that you wrote it open in your reply to me - is quite noble indeed. However, I believe Amiga Inc. are wrong in discussing this in public (generating FUD) and without legal action. They should settle it in court or at least make their evidence public. Now they are just spreading innuendo and threats.
This is something I believe they can be criticized of. They can't eat the cake and keep it. This may be a good legal strategy, but it is harmful for bPlan's business efforts without having to rely on any proof at this time. That I can, and do, have a problem with no matter how right they may be in the end.
Ends really don't justify the means.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 173 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Henning Nielsen Lund on 23-May-2002 17:09 GMT
3sat has written a new "thing" at their page:
"Das ursprünglich vorgesehene Thema Amiga - Back to the Roots entfällt. Aus aktuellen Gründen wird sich neues. computer und mehr mit den aktuellen gesetzlichen Entwicklungen im Hinblick auf neue Medien, insbesondere Computerspiele, beschäftigen. Daniel Rasch begrüsst zu diesem Thema im Studio den Justizminister des Landes Rhein-land-Pfalz, Herbert Mertin (FDP), und einen Vertreter des Verbandes der Unterhaltungs-software Deutschland, VUD (angefragt)."
Read it: http://www.3sat.de/neues/sendungen/show/32914/index.html
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 174 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Kay Are Ulvestad on 23-May-2002 17:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 172 (Anonymous):
> There is no need to try and extrapolate my patterns of behaviour from a reply of
> less than two lines and one with a clear dose of apparent sarcasm. It may have
> been a dry reply on my part, but no disrespect was intended.
-
All right, fair enough. I guess your comment just coincided with my patience running
out. Sorry to be so harsh. I normally try to act calmer than I feel, but sometimes I
fail.
-
As for the rest of your comment, fair point.
-
> Ends really don't justify the means.
-
Agreed.
-
Kay
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 175 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Henning Nielsen Lund on 23-May-2002 17:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 173 (Henning Nielsen Lund):
Here it is translated with Altavista:
"the originally planned topic Amiga - bake ton the roots is void. For current reasons new computer and more will be occupied with the current legal developments regarding new media, in particular computer games. Daniel rapid welcomes to this topic in the studio the Minister of Justice of the country Rhineland-Palatinate, Herbert Mertin (FDP), and a representative of the federation of the maintenance software Germany, VUD (inquired)."
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 176 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 23-May-2002 17:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 174 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
>All right, fair enough. I guess your comment just coincided with my patience
>running out. Sorry to be so harsh. I normally try to act calmer than I feel,
> but sometimes I fail.
Quite allright, I may have jumped the gun on you as well. I am glad that we are now in agreement.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 177 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Henning Nielsen Lund on 23-May-2002 17:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 175 (Henning Nielsen Lund):
And this is from bplan:
"bplan regrets to inform you that the television report scheduled for May 27th at 9:30 pm
neues - das Computer- und Telekommunikationsmagazin auf 3sat
has been cancelled due to the interference of third parties. At this moment, we are not able to supply further details about the circumstances surrounding this matter. However, we do expect that the television report will be rescheduled in the not too distant future when these matters have been resolved. We are moving diligently to expedite the now required process. Thank you for your interest and support!"
Read it here:
http://www.bplan-gmbh.de/news/news07_e.html
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 178 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 23-May-2002 19:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 169 (justice):
Yes.. let's use "postings" as evidence now. If they had a case + money they would have sued already, I believe.
Pegasos presentation in 'neues' cancelled! : Comment 179 of 179ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 23-May-2002 19:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 170 (Kay Are Ulvestad):
You sound like Baboo now :p (Ref: Seinfeld)
Anonymous, there are 179 items in your selection (but only 29 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 179]
Back to Top