18-Jul-2024 07:09 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 85 items in your selection (but only 35 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 85]
[News] AmigaOne MpegANN.lu
Posted on 02-Jun-2002 16:37 GMT by Elwood85 comments
View flat
View list
I uploaded on Aminet a video in Mpeg showing the AmigaOne booting TurboLinux. Hi,

This video is old (March 2002) and not professional in any way (in fact, it never meant to be). I originally wanted to upload it on my website instead of putting this huge file on Aminet but my ISP didn't allow me this. So here it is, to make Aminet even bigger !

Remember this AmigaOne is the prototype (G3/600Mhz) and it runs TurboLinux. And I must confess, I never seen a Linux booting that fast. I'm excited to get my hand on AmigaOS4...

Thanks.

Elwood

AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 51 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 06:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (cOrpse):
> and how to stop moths flying into the fan on my blizzard vision getting
> dragged along and eventually mashed up inside the blizzard lol.
And then you ask why your BPPC crashes...
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 52 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 06:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (cOrpse):
> and how to stop moths flying into the fan on my blizzard vision getting
> dragged along and eventually mashed up inside the blizzard lol.
And then you ask why your BPPC crashes...
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 53 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by let the truth be known on 03-Jun-2002 07:25 GMT
its sucks plain and simple . you call that fast.my pet sanil isfater then that on a sslow day.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 54 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Samface on 03-Jun-2002 08:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 53 (let the truth be known):
Probably because your computer is too slow for running the mpeg at it's appropriate speed. :-P
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 55 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 08:47 GMT
Same goes for Hyperion... They ported Q2 and suddently everyone started
"biting". Almost noone appreciate any work in this platform...
And all that for political b******t.... :/
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 56 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 03-Jun-2002 08:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 55 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Yes, it's too bad. People try to do an effort to the community/platform and get shit from people who do nothing but drag icons around their desktop to make it look better.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 57 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by 4pLaY on 03-Jun-2002 09:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Have the gutts to call them? do you know what happens when you call them and say who you are and that you have a PPC card laying there? they HANG UP ON YOU! if you send emails they will not awnser if you ask for your PPC card! i was PROMISED before i sent me card "max 2 weeks" as soon as i told the assholes i had sent my card they NEVER replied me one single time anymore! dont come and tell me fairytales about getting my card back cause ive tried that for over 1 year now! DCE are assholes and ill never trust those assholes ever again.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 58 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 09:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 57 (4pLaY):
Ehm, I called them MULTIBLE times about gfx cards, my G-Rex, 2 Bppc cards...
They did NEVER hang up on me.... They are friendly.
1) you have to be kind.... You're not talking to an animal.
2) If you cannot deal with the guy that picks up the phone (Steinicke),
call em and ask Dellert... he will help you for sure...
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 59 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 03-Jun-2002 10:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 57 (4pLaY):
>DCE are assholes and ill never trust those assholes ever again.
Say it loud, a bunch of german pricks! >:-)
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 60 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by tinman on 03-Jun-2002 10:53 GMT
In reply to Comment 58 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
It's the same response you get from Elbox and Hyperion. People wonder why they ignore them after they get flamed or send emails to them saying "you suck, fix this or die".
Given the way people behave here I wouldn't want to give them any support either. It seems most people on the internet are out to cause trouble for someone, and are generally a bunch of ingrate moaning ....s . Only in the Amiga market it's a lot smaller so the noise of the retards can be heard more easily.
Everyone contributing to web forums should be SFAB (shot, f....d and burned) ;)
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 61 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 11:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 60 (tinman):
Of course... If you call DCE and say "Hey! Where's my card you German prick!?"
they will ignore you and hang up the phone....
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 62 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by eli on 03-Jun-2002 11:10 GMT
WHERE IS THE VIDEO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
it's unavaiable from ALL aminet mirrors.
who removed it? amiga inc?
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 63 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by john on 03-Jun-2002 11:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 62 (eli):
see comment 49.
-john
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 64 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Why ? on 03-Jun-2002 11:11 GMT
The video was deleted from the Aminet servers. Why ???
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 65 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by anarchic_teapot on 03-Jun-2002 11:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 30 (Anonymous):
Someone who needs to brush up their reading skills wrote:
"Rose criticised the Pegasos video for showing the PC being set up because she was feeling defensive about this A1 video! What did she have to say about it? "
A little reminder of the original poster's warning:
1) The video was never meant for public consumption, but for private use
2) It is NOT a marketing video
plus
3) I myself hadn't seen it until today
Why should I be defensive about anything? I judge the Pegasos video to be pathetic *because* it is being used for marketing.
I quite enjoyed Elwood's effort, even though I ribbed him about filming a static object at the time. It brought back pleasant memories of a most enjoyable afternoon.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 66 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by eli on 03-Jun-2002 11:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 63 (john):
Can somebody put the video somewhere? not on aminet, of course :-)
thanks.
well,
if Elwood had to remove it (comment 49), I think this video is very important... more important then we think...
we have to read "between the lines"...
linux represent the real future of amiga?
AmigaOs 4.x represent a way to "costrain" the amiga community to buy the a1?
we must to read "between the lines"...
I wait yours feedback.
eli
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 67 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 03-Jun-2002 11:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 52 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Fact is i shouldn't need all these fans ( which in turn suck in dust and small animals ) to make it run.
And before you start having a go a people that dislike DCE etc look around , they pissed us around , I distrust mos as much as phase 5 now because they sound just the same , we asked for a free choice of ppc kernel and got ignored , now their telling DCE to *ignore* os4.
Pull your head out of your arse and start joining the dots , like you love to do with the amigaone / teronCX link, Same old people pulling the same old tricks.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 68 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Christophe Decanini on 03-Jun-2002 11:52 GMT
I just think that the video was put on Aminet without the approval of all the people on the video.
I was invited to this event but could not attend.
I know the people on the video and I understand that someone may not want to have this video published. It is understandable as it was not a public event.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 69 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 03-Jun-2002 11:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 61 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
"Hey! Where's my card you German prick!?"
This isn't a mate fixing the card , its a company , and therefor you expect them to give the goods , and if you ring up and say " WHERES MY BLOODY CARD YOU RIP OFF GERMAN PRICK !! " the responce should be " We're sorry for the delay , we're waiting for XyZ" and not click phone down.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 70 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 12:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 69 (cOrpse):
No, you're talking to a PERSON who represents a company... And you should treat
him as such. If you say to him what you said, he will hang up the phone or swear
back at you...
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 71 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 03-Jun-2002 12:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 70 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
And btw... before you say anything else, they told me EXACTLY what they wait
for to fix the cards when I called em and asked them KINDLY.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 72 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by twice-a-day on 03-Jun-2002 13:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 66 (eli):
you should learn how to write before you can start reading between the lines, baby...
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 73 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 03-Jun-2002 13:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 71 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
I sorry if you don't believe us , i asked nicely with phase5 , my mates asked nicely with DCE and we still got messed around.
If think your inacceptence to believe that these problems happened and are still happening is the reason you don't understand the view point i have and few others of the mos partners. In my eyes anyone tainted with the ppc and other things like freechoice stick is not to be trusted.
When a set of individuals has cost you serious amounts of money ( not just on their products ! , but the various bits of hardware that it killed including : full a1200 set aka roms , buffered interface , mobo(x3) everything connected to it except the keyboard adaptor ! ) You'll understand . Denying that the Mos team , Bplan etc don't contain such individuals is useless , its all over their sites.
Also if you don't want to stir people like me with strong feelings about these people then maybe idiot moderators should read the context of comments and stop starting fights.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 74 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by eDonkey on 03-Jun-2002 14:00 GMT
Try the eDonkey network (http://www.edonkey2000.com). Someone on there has the video.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 75 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by 4pLaY on 03-Jun-2002 14:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 58 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Ive never acted in any bad way against them! and it was the asshole dellert himself that promised me the card back in 2 weeks.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 76 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Christophe Decanini on 03-Jun-2002 14:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 73 (cOrpse):
This is too much.
I'am leaving the Amiga communauty for a while. I will come back when village idiots like Corpse are gone.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 77 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 03-Jun-2002 15:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 76 (Christophe Decanini):
"This is too much.
I'am leaving the Amiga communauty for a while. I will come back when village idiots like Corpse are gone."
Oh please, don't blame your reading my comment out of context and having a barney on anyone else.
"village idiots like Corpse"
And having a real opinion ( You know using amiga's and different amiga software / hardware ) makes me a village idiot ? How about kronos , so fast to flame biat but no ppc ? or darklite #1 mos fan but no amiga ? funny that isn't.
Fact is if you and others didn't wind the problem up so much by saying no dce are a great company etc when its pretty obv. their not, tempers wouldn't explode.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 78 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 03-Jun-2002 23:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 65 (anarchic_teapot):
Putting it up on a web site sounds like public consumption to me. Not my problem if you thought it was just a little "home video" when it was made.
As to the reason for pulling it, well I won't speculate on this site as to the real reasons but here are some amusing things to consider:
* Hundreds of systems sold by Alan have the same password, he fears MorphOS fanatics will break into them and give his business a bad reputation
* Rose was supposed to be elsewhere that day, perhaps she is the alibi for a man accused of bank robbery, but the evidence on this video disagrees with her story.
* The person who converted the video to MPEG used a MorphOS + PegasOS video development workstation because it was a 4.8 billion times faster, but the damning evidence is left in the file, so it must be destroyed.
* The AmigaOne is in fact an overclocked Spectrum. One out of focus shot of a half-empty wine glass reveals the white hot Spectrum concealed under a sheet.
* Ole-Egil is a space alien. The blurry image that they eventually loaded into the GIMP is of him in his natural form, and with NASA's latest image enhancement software it's just possible that a recognisable image could be formed from this dark blurry mess.
Oh, and Rose, if you're not feeling defensive there's no need for those strange rants on the Yahoo list.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 79 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by eli on 04-Jun-2002 06:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 72 (twice-a-day):
I'm very sorry for my english,
buy I think you are very stupid.
My question was about Amiga, not about my poor english.
If you have nothing to say, don't say nothing.
you are stupid... and don't read between the lines.
e.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 80 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Alan M Redhouse on 04-Jun-2002 06:55 GMT
Actually the prototype board we showed Elwood at Easter which he has put on this video was running at 500Mhz
Alan
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 81 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Space Alien, out of lurk mode on 04-Jun-2002 09:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 78 (Anonymous):
"* Ole-Egil is a space alien. The blurry image that they eventually loaded into the GIMP is of him in his natural form, and with NASA's latest image enhancement software it's just possible that a recognisable image could be formed from this dark blurry mess."
What gave me away? Was it the antennas? I'll certainly have to be more careful in the future. Heck, damn and blast... :)
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 82 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 04-Jun-2002 09:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 67 (cOrpse):
>we asked for a free choice of ppc kernel and got ignored ,
We asked for a free choice of ppc hardware and got ignored by Bill&Fleecy likewise.
>now their telling DCE to *ignore* os4.
Who says they are? Hyperion?! *lol*
DCE is an independent company and can decide for itself.
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 83 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Ben on 04-Jun-2002 11:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 9 (Marcus Sundman):
Its all moot - it would depend on what frequency electricity you are using. :)
(Plus was it played back at 25fps but recorded at 20fps...)
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 84 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 04-Jun-2002 19:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 82 (Anonymous):
"We" ?
AmigaOne Mpeg : Comment 85 of 85ANN.lu
Posted by Asymetrix on 07-Jun-2002 13:56 GMT
Hi
These mpeg downloads are so big !!
Please use pc software or Amiga equivelents to make small file sizes :
Format Mpeg-4 divX
http://www.digital-digest.com
pc converter :
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/virtualdub.html
Video DivX low bit codec (compressor) for pc & Amiga :
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec4.html
Audio compressor Radium mp3 44.1 khz
http://www.riphelp.com/downloads/radium_codec.html
Anonymous, there are 85 items in your selection (but only 35 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 85]
Back to Top