24-Oct-2021 16:36 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 81 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 81]
[News] AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE LinuxANN.lu
Posted on 19-Jun-2002 10:42 GMT by Raffaele81 comments
View flat
View list
In a thread reply into Yahoo Groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amigaone/message/17027 Eyetech answers regarding these three arguments: 1)AmigaONE Shipment Delay, 2)first users must sign NDA and 3)Installation of PPC SUSE Linux on AmigaONE realized by experts who receive the charge (by the list of the developers of AmigaONE) to set up an easy installable distribution of PPC SUSE Linux. (Read More) Quoting:
--------

Anyone who ordered a developer board - dealer or end user - was subscribed to a closed list under NDA.
Several people on this list are on the closed a1g3dev list have boards and some - but not all - of them have boards.
[..]
Some people on the list have far more experience than others when it comes to installing linux.
Since the dev group voted to initially standardise on SuSE PPC Linux - and the A1 boards are NOT the same as the Teron CX boards (which run Turbo Linux) - the group decided to let a select few of the real experts to make an easily installable distribution of SuSE Linux PPC and UAE-PPC first.
The remaining dev boards have already been manufactured but will not be available until this SuSE/UAE release is finalised.
Hyperion are making good progress with sorting out the OS4 boot process...

-------------
End Quoting

I have seen it on Czech Amiga News

Bye,

Raffaele
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 1 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Budda on 19-Jun-2002 09:00 GMT
What's the benefit of this NDA though?
Why not just keep it to a public mailing list which is closed subscription?
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 2 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett on 19-Jun-2002 10:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Budda):
The NDA means that people can't repeat what they read on the private mailing list in a public forum.
In this particular case, my guess is that it is simply designed to prevent any negative comments by anyone with enough knowledge gained from the list to be taken seriously. Positive hints seem to be leaked on a regular basis. ;)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 3 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Alex Klauke on 19-Jun-2002 10:57 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Bill Hoggett):
> > [closed ML]
> In this particular case, my guess is that it is simply designed to prevent any
> negative comments by anyone with enough knowledge gained from the list to be
> taken seriously.
Which of course is a major benefit, considering all the FUD talk over the last
few months. Keepin' the noise low is the best Eyetech can do now...
(and most users (=Amigans) are waiting for OS4 only and don't want to know what
the advantage in using ext3 over reiserfs may be or how to set up UAE under SuSE
PPC, so.. :-)
---
One correction to the news header though, which could be misleading.
The NDA is for those who ordered a developer board and it was ever told this way,
nothin changed. Surely they are the first 'users' too.. But an NDA for consumers
(-> end-users) would be kind of, erm, useless.., wouldn't it? ;-)
The news simply is that developer boards will be shipped to those who ordered
once the SuSE PPC installation is sorted out. Which is more of a good thing than
anything else, even if it delays the shipment for a week or two. But the boards
are at Eyetech, isn't this a positive signal? (Howerver, I will prefer GentooPPC
in dual boot once I get my (consumer) board, after I set up OS4 of course.. :)
Nothing said about the release of the consumer boards though..
Hurry up Hyperion.. ;-)
Ciao, Alex
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 4 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 19-Jun-2002 11:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Alex Klauke):
Do you really believe Alan has HW for >50000$ lying in his storage ?
Also remember that customers were warned that there would be NO setup-
support for Linux/UAE before ordering..
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 5 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 19-Jun-2002 12:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Alex Klauke):
You're confusing FUD with genuine criticism. If I want to
criticise something I'll damn well do so. No NDA is going to
stop me.
An NDA is nothing more than a symbol of oppression - "I agree
to keep this knowledge secret and not to educate somebody
else". Sounds like Stalinism to me.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 6 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by MasterOfReality on 19-Jun-2002 12:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Anonymous):
Well... that's near enough the case.
The Linux kernel needs some editing/recompiling to run on A1dev just
like it does on any other PPC platform (POP!=CHRP!=PREP!=Apple etc).
They're not offering *setup* support - we've got a mailing list for
that - but they don't expect us all to reprogram bits of the linux
kernel :-) Not everyone on the list is expert enough with linux to do
it.
Until a working installation of SuSE is up and running it makes very
little difference whether eyetech or the developers have the remaining
machines - neither of us can use them yet (although it doesn't look
like it will be too long). Eyetech wouldn't be too popular if they
started shipping £400 paperweights to us would they?
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 7 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by alan buxey on 19-Jun-2002 12:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 6 (MasterOfReality):
who said that a couple of people at SUSE have AmigaONE boards
and favor them as the solution for PPC systems? wasnt me ;-)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 8 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Rik Sweeney on 19-Jun-2002 13:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Anonymous):
>You're confusing FUD with genuine criticism. If I want to
>criticise something I'll damn well do so. No NDA is going to
>stop me.
>
>An NDA is nothing more than a symbol of oppression - "I agree
>to keep this knowledge secret and not to educate somebody
>else". Sounds like Stalinism to me.
Thanks, that is easily the funniest thing I've read today.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 9 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Budda on 19-Jun-2002 13:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Bill Hoggett):
I am aware what an NDA is. My point was why bother mentioning NDAs when they could just have a closed mailing list.
With all this NDA speak, it sounds like they've got something to hide from us.
It's not like Linux is a closed top-secret project.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 10 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 19-Jun-2002 13:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Anonymous):
yep, and I wonder where AMiga and Eytech are going . Maybe the way of mickysoft
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 11 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by ehaines-nah heheh BasicBsd on 19-Jun-2002 13:35 GMT
The only thing that they have to hide is that it sucks. That in and of itself isnt News.
Pegsos on its third production run . That jsut shows how much better Peagsos really is.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 12 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by dirigent on 19-Jun-2002 13:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 9 (Budda):
Did Alan not give at least one reason for the NDA?
Like "it wastes my/our time and money if we have to
give detailed answers to every stupid rumor and
misinterpretation of the facts written on public forums."?
That sounds sensible and it is enough for me. Stalinism?
Yeah, right...
Greetings,
dirigent
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 13 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by 3seas on 19-Jun-2002 14:06 GMT
well least we know they actually have something behind the NDA, hell we even know that it's Linux with UAE running on it.
lol
shhhh, don't tell nobody, it's a secret!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 14 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 15:16 GMT
This delay comes as NO surprise to me! I hope this makes it all the clearer why AmigaOS 4.0 is doomed and MorphOS Is the only real alternative out there. Don't you people get it? MorphOS IS the Amiga!!! Everyone who knew anything about the Amiga has switched over to MorphOS, the only people left now are the users! Amiga Inc. sees this, I see this, MorphOS people see this, the only people who don't get it are most of the people here! This is why Amiga Inc. has their campaign of FUD against MorphOS, it's because they know they are AMIGA ONLY IN NAME!!! Amigans need to unite behind the banner of MorphOS since it's the only chance we have!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 15 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by The simple truth on 19-Jun-2002 15:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Coolio):
>This delay comes as NO surprise to me! I hope this makes it all the clearer >why AmigaOS 4.0 is doomed and MorphOS Is the only real alternative out there. >Don't you people get it? MorphOS IS the Amiga!!! Everyone who knew anything >about the Amiga has switched over to MorphOS, the only people left now are the >users! Amiga Inc. sees this, I see this, MorphOS people see this, the only >people who don't get it are most of the people here! This is why Amiga Inc. >has their campaign of FUD against MorphOS, it's because they know they are >AMIGA ONLY IN NAME!!! Amigans need to unite behind the banner of MorphOS since >it's the only chance we have!
You're an idiot.
Can you tell me where I can buy a copy of MorphOS then? Oh that's right! It still isn't finished. How can you make such a stupid staement?
The Amiga platform has no chance, thanks to the MorphOS team, Amiga Inc., Thendic, Bplan, Hyperion et al.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 16 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Alex Klauke on 19-Jun-2002 15:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Anonymous):
> You're confusing FUD with genuine criticism.
So writing 'Eyetech did lie to us' is a kind of genuine criticism? My mileage
does definitely vary then. Ok, admittedly, I may have over-read some really
'genuine' criticism, but don't think there was very much of it from you,
Anonymous.. Or maybe I did not see _your_ (?) criticism cause it was buried
under the FUD. I've generally desisted from reading 500+ comments
Amiga-deathmatch threads on ANN. (Pull me leg off, would you please..? No, I'm
not being sarcastic, nooo wayy..)
> An NDA is nothing more than a symbol of oppression
Sorry to tell you, really, but then you must feel oppressed by everything that
considers itself a business, not only Eyetech or AmigaInc.
Get me right, we may discuss if an NDA as such is generally good or not as good.
But as Eyetech and AmigaInc. _are_ a business and want to and need to have some
success to stay on the market, they must take some of the same measures as
everyone else. As simple as that.
After all, an NDA is mostly not for not letting the customer know, but the
business opponents. It's called 'competition', even if its not the world they
are competing for, only the Amiga market, for now.
Ciao, Alex
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 17 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by TimeWillTell on 19-Jun-2002 16:06 GMT
If we users are the "only people left" that should explain to the MorphOS people
why it was so important to align with Amiga when the opportunity was there. In the
end it is users that will determine the fate of Amiga. We want the most continuous
path available. I do not doubt the quality of the MorphOS project, only the long
term marketabilty of another unknown OS.
The best hope for us users would have been that Ralph could have recognised our
value, but for whatever reasons he couldn't. So, when Amiga went with Ben, we
have jumped on board with Hyperion because we realize that any hope for survival of
of the OS that we "USE" lies with the succesfull implimentation of AOS4. Ben saw
the truth of this, otherwise he would not have committed his time and money
toward this end (huge risk on his part). Ralph was in a much better position to
do this because prior to his turning down Amiga there was no split.
This is in NO way a flame against anybody in the Morph camp; it is just my assesment
of the situation as I see it. What many people think is a fanatic fervor on our part
has nothing to do with an anti-Morph stance, but rather a very realistic
understanding that economic survival is much more difficult than having a good
product. If we go out and spend our resources on another "cult computer" we
damage our ability to maintain continuity with our "USING" of our equipment.
I sincerely want the best for all of the people who have worked so hard on the
MorphOS, but we "USERS" need AOS4 so that we can continue in this direction.
Thanks once more to the likes of Ben, Alan and Bill.
I will be at Amiwest again this year. Talking to Bill in person is always very
interesting. It adds a very reassuring feel to things as they unfold in these
very tumultuous ways.
Tom Eitel
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 18 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 16:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (The simple truth):
>You're an idiot.
NO, YOU'RE an idiot!
>Can you tell me where I can buy a copy of MorphOS then? Oh that's right!
MorphOS has something to show and software being developed for it, Amiga OS 4 is just vapor and always will be! Have you noticed how everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to MorphOS? There's a reason why! They know Amiga Inc. are usurpers of the almighty Amiga!!!
>The Amiga platform has no chance, thanks to the MorphOS team, Amiga >Inc., Thendic, Bplan, Hyperion et al.
The Amiga has no chance except through MorphOS!!! If Amiga Inc. open sourced the Amiga then we wouldn't need them at all and could go on with PPC MorphOS now!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 19 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 16:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (TimeWillTell):
>If we users are the "only people left" that should explain to the MorphOS
>people why it was so important to align with Amiga when the opportunity
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! MorphOS is the only way the Amiga will live on! LET ME EMPHASIS THIS, IT'S THE ONLY WAY! Commodore won't open source Workbench and do you know why? BECAUSE THEY KNOW that MorphOS depends on it right now, they're deliberately delaying MorphOS so they can fragment the dieing market further!!!! The law suits only prove Amiga Inc guilt!
>The best hope for us users would have been that Ralph could have
>recognised our
Ralph is the incaranted spirit of Jay Miner! You are not even worthy to type his name!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 20 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Alkemyst on 19-Jun-2002 16:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
you are an a fool & the more like you who go Morphos the better so that we will be rid of you.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 21 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Alkemyst on 19-Jun-2002 16:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Alkemyst):
that post was for comment 19
also this thread as nothing todo with Morphos but you are stupid & you just could not help your self.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 22 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by The simple truth on 19-Jun-2002 16:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
>NO, YOU'RE an idiot!
So now your an idiot with caps. Feeling proud are we?
>MorphOS has something to show and software being developed for it, Amiga OS 4 >is just vapor and always will be!
Until MorphOS v1.0 comes out, MorphOS is vapour too.
>Have you noticed how everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to >MorphOS?
No I didn't actually. I noticed that they took one look at this stupid situation and said "Goodbye!", then went off to port thier stuff to linux or something.
>There's a reason why! They know Amiga Inc. are usurpers of the almighty >Amiga!!!
Okaaaaaaay, I hope you are taking your pills.
>The Amiga has no chance except through MorphOS!!! If Amiga Inc. open sourced >the Amiga then we wouldn't need them at all and could go on with PPC MorphOS >now!
Amiga Inc. couldn't open source the AmigaOS because of patent issues, simple legal fact. Why MorphOS? Surely if the OS was opensourced we would all compile our own free versions and make our own improvements? There'd be no need to *buy* MorphOS.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 23 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by kjetil on 19-Jun-2002 16:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
>noticed how everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to MorphOS?
If MoprhOS is so Open and free their is should not be an problem baying the AmigaOne/Linux :),
install MorphOS later if OS4.0 fails,
>The Amiga has no chance except through MorphOS!!!
>If Amiga Inc. open source the Amiga then we wouldn't
>need them at all and could go on with PPC MorphOS now!
Not true if my statement is the case.
---
Me just wait... Stay cool until some thing good arives...
No need to fuss, no stress, take it cool man, :)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 24 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Kjetil on 19-Jun-2002 17:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (Coolio):
If AmigaOS4.0 fails, there are no releases way we are not going MorphOS,
---
As long as nothing has been released there is no point fussing about it,
watt is the big deal have you invested in the MorphOS,
---
>YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! MorphOS is the only way the Amiga will live on!
>LET ME EMPHASIS THIS, IT'S THE ONLY WAY! Commodore won't open source
>Workbench and do you know why? BECAUSE THEY KNOW that MorphOS depends
>on it right now, they're deliberately delaying MorphOS so they can
>fragment the dieing market further!!!! The law suits only prove Amiga Inc guilt!
Watt Commodore they are dead,
AInc owns the source code and this is way they not going to relies them,
they have an product of there own, they simply don't wont to pushed a side,
You know they invested heavily on the technology, way should they give the
competitors an free ticket in the market, do rely thing for one second morphos
will share there source code with AmigaInc, Way are they not using the Amiga Name,
they are simply not interested to even support the Amiga brand,
by offering some money for it.
Watt is MorphOS it's an Kickstart 3.1 clone, with some morphos PPC binaries of there Owen
this is way Open Source Amiga programs are recompiled for MorphOS,
and this is way there are MorphOS versions of 68k programs.
AmigaOS4.0 goes beyond this and adds new functions, we my be waiting longer for some it,
how ever i think it will be reworded in the end, if i had allot of money i by Pegasus and AOne.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 25 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by : on 19-Jun-2002 17:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
>Can you tell me where I can buy a copy of MorphOS then? Oh that's right!
MorphOS has something to show and software being developed for it, Amiga OS 4 is just vapor and always will be! Have you noticed how everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to MorphOS? There's a reason why! They know Amiga Inc. are usurpers of the almighty Amiga!!!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 26 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Phill on 19-Jun-2002 17:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
> MorphOS has something to show and software being developed for it,
So does AOS4 & AROS
> Amiga OS
> 4 is just vapor and always will be!
Wow, you can tell the future, great. So who is going to win the next super bowl?
> Have you noticed how everyone who wrote
> good software for Amiga went to MorphOS? There's a reason why! They know
> Amiga Inc. are usurpers of the almighty Amiga!!!
The only advantage MorphOS has is it runs on current hardware and it's sorta available now. However it's not really much further than being a 68k/warpos/powerup emulator + bits of aros.
Although if MorphOS takes the l33t kiddies away from the Amiga then it might work out for the better, so yeah "M0rph0s rul3zzzz".
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 27 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Not usually the spelling nazi, but sometimes it's on 19-Jun-2002 18:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (Kjetil):
Seriously, Kjetil! I don't usually complain about the spelling of others, especially when they're writing in a foreign language, but come on!
I think we could understand you better if you turned OFF your spellchecker, which transforms your misspelling of every third word into another word with a completely different meaning.
> If AmigaOS4.0 fails, there are no releases way we are not going MorphOS,
I have no idea of what you're trying to say here.
"Watt"what, obviously, but this:
> AInc owns the source code and this is way they not going to relies them,
"Way"This way? Why? "relies" = release...
"there"their (and it's just as annoying when native English speakers can't master the spelling of even those very fundamental words)
"wont"want, "a side" = aside.
> do rely thing for one second morphos
will share there source code with AmigaInc, Way are they not using the Amiga Name,
Incomprehensible! It hurts looking at it.
"there Owen"their own. Your spellchecker capitalising "Owen" didn't help.
"allot"a lot, "by" = buy
If your spellchecker doesn't offer reasonable suggestions for misspelt words, then please turn spellchecking off. You're not making any sense, and the text I'm trying to read is more irritating than its intended message.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 28 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 18:42 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (The simple truth):
So now your an idiot with caps. Feeling proud are we?
>MorphOS has something to show and software being developed for it, Amiga OS 4 >is just vapor and always will be!
Until MorphOS v1.0 comes out, MorphOS is vapour too.
>Have you noticed how everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to >MorphOS?
No I didn't actually. I noticed that they took one look at this stupid situation and said "Goodbye!", then went off to port thier stuff to linux or something.
>There's a reason why! They know Amiga Inc. are usurpers of the almighty >Amiga!!!
>Okaaaaaaay, I hope you are taking your pills.
I DON'T NEED any pills! I'm high on LIFE, because I use MorphOS!!
>Amiga Inc. couldn't open source the AmigaOS because of patent issues,
ROFL! If YOU believe this then I have some prime real estate in SWAMP COUNTRY for you!! LOL!
>simple legal fact. Why MorphOS? Surely if the OS was opensourced we
>would all compile our own free versions and make our own >mprovements? There'd be no need to *buy* MorphOS.
YES THERE WOULD! The hard work and dedication of Ralph and others would NOT be included if it were OPEN SOURCE!!! There would be NO advantage to just having the AmigaOS by itself! It NEEDS to be run under MorphOS!!!!!!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 29 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 18:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Phill):
>Wow, you can tell the future, great. So who is going to win the next super
>bowl?
LOL! ROFL! It has NOTHING to do with predicting the future, and EVERYTHING to do with being able to understand something going on RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! LOL!
>The only advantage MorphOS has is it runs on current hardware and it's
NO that is NOT the only advantage, it's also FASTER, MODERN, and has MORE software now!!!!!
>Although if MorphOS takes the l33t kiddies away from the Amiga then it
>might work out for the better, so yeah "M0rph0s rul3zzzz".
The KIDDIES you're talking about are the only ones WRITING NEW, ADVANCED SOFTWARE FOR THE AMIGA anymore!!!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 30 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Adam Kowalczyk on 19-Jun-2002 19:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Coolio):
> This delay comes as NO surprise to me!
All projects have delays to some extent. The project that Hyperions is tackling is fairly large.
> I hope this makes it all the clearer why AmigaOS 4.0 is doomed and MorphOS Is the only real alternative out there. Don't you people get it? MorphOS IS the Amiga!!!
Speaking of delays and NDA's doesn't mean that OS 4.0 is doomed. That's a pretty big leap. If only people took those leaps from buildings, there wouldn't be as much FUD being thrown about.
> Amigans need to unite behind the banner of MorphOS since it's the only chance we have!
Coolio, that's the funniest thing I've read today. I'm glad MorphOS exists as it's created some fine reading material. I just hope you're not marching about in uniforms while you're carrying those banners ;)
Until MorphOS and AmigaOS are available for comparison in the areas of feature set and compatibility, everything is speculation and grandstanding. If you want to run Amiga 3.1 apps on your MorphOS box that is fine by me, but making statements like "it's the only chance we have" make yourself look like a mentally unstable zealot.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 31 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Coolio on 19-Jun-2002 19:45 GMT
In reply to Comment 30 (Adam Kowalczyk):
>All projects have delays to some extent. The project that Hyperions is
>tackling is fairly large.
ANOTHER likely excuse. You wanna-be Amigans think you know the truth, but you DON'T. My Athlon 2200XP is more of an AMIGA running MorphOS than you sick devil incarnates tired, old technology! This is why Amiga should release Workbench and Kickstart into the PUBLIC DOMAIN, so MorphOS can run classic applications on ANY HARDWARE and thus renew the Amiga spirit once and for all!!!!!!1!!
>Speaking of delays and NDA's doesn't mean that OS 4.0 is doomed.
YES IT DOES! If Amiga had anything THEY WOULD SHOW IT! Screenshots of HDTOOLBOX does NOT count! LOL!
>If only people took those leaps from buildings, there wouldn't be as
>much FUD being thrown about.
YOU Amigans investing in Hyperion and their VAPOR Amiga 4.0 instead of MorphOS on PC HARDWARE is JUST LIKE LEAPING FROM A BUILDING!!
>Coolio, that's the funniest thing I've read today. I'm glad MorphOS exists
I AM GLAD MORPHOS EXISTS TOO! We NEED an alternative to the stranglehold Amiga Inc. has placed on the Amiga market!!!
>Until MorphOS and AmigaOS are available for comparison in the areas
Then MORPHOS wins already, because there IS NO AMIGA OS 4 while ANYONE can use MorphOS! Your argument is FLAWED, just like your faith in Amiga Inc!!!!
>of feature set and compatibility, everything is speculation and
>grandstanding. If you want to run Amiga 3.1 apps on your MorphOS box
Much like the grandstanding, LIES and SLANDER that Hyperion has been doing about MorphOS all along! LOL!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 32 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Spasmodic Interlocuter on 19-Jun-2002 19:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 31 (Coolio):
This Coolio has got to be the funniest, most deranged twit ever to appear on ANN... and that's saying something.
It's a computer. And an OS or two (or three). Not something that important.
Still, it's got to be more fun than Big Brother ever could hope to be :)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 33 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 19-Jun-2002 19:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 31 (Coolio):
>My Athlon 2200XP is more of an AMIGA running MorphOS than you sick devil incarnates tired, old technology!
LOL! Yeah you keep using MorphOS on your Athlon 2200XP. MOS on an Athlon system rulez and makes U leetz.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 34 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by tinman on 19-Jun-2002 20:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Spasmodic Interlocuter):
They could always stick 10 zealots from various camps in a forum and vote them out weekly.
It would be as compelling as that pish Channel4 serve up.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 35 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Adam Kowalczyk on 19-Jun-2002 20:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 31 (Coolio):
Coolio, I can see the foam around your mouth and the vein popping out of your head from here. Degenerates like yourself are not worth communicating with. I suggest you get back to goose-stepping around waving your MorphOS banner. I'll enjoy running OS 4.0 on my AmigaOne, you can enjoy your mythical winged horse. I do recommend you see a doctor to get that mental problem looked at before you hurt yourself or someone else.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 36 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by The simple truth on 19-Jun-2002 21:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 28 (Coolio):
>>Okaaaaaaay, I hope you are taking your pills.
>I DON'T NEED any pills! I'm high on LIFE, because I use MorphOS!!
Someone please tell me this is a joke, :(
OK mr CAPS, maybe YOU'LL understand me BETTER now?
I REALLY hope THAT YOU are TALKING about that VERY old BETA, which times OUT regularly, because IF you ARE actually involved in the MorphOS PROJECT then heaven HELP THEM.
>>Amiga Inc. couldn't open source the AmigaOS because of patent issues,
>ROFL! If YOU believe this then I have some prime real estate in SWAMP COUNTRY >for you!! LOL!
WHY shouldn't I believe THIS? It's THE TRUTH. Amiga DON'T own A SINGLE Amiga patent, Gateway STILL own THEM ALL. Also SOME important components SUCH as ARREX belong TO third PARTIES. AMIGA can't LEGALLY OPEN source AMIGAOS.
>>simple legal fact. Why MorphOS? Surely if the OS was opensourced we
>>would all compile our own free versions and make our own >mprovements? >>There'd be no need to *buy* MorphOS.
>YES THERE WOULD! The hard work and dedication of Ralph and others would NOT be >included if it were OPEN SOURCE!!! There would be NO advantage to just having >the AmigaOS by itself! It NEEDS to be run under MorphOS!!!!!!
Why NOT? SOMEONE could PORT AmigaOS to PPC for *free*, and put NICE stuff ON it. Maybe if THE MOS team had SPENT less TIME bitching AND MORE time programming, it WOULD be done BY now.
AmigaOS hasn't NEEDED to BE RUN under MorphOS before, WHY does it suddenly NEED TO now? If YOU are refering TO the QUARK microkernal, that IS a moot POINT, as NOTHING actually TAKES advantage of it yet, and won't FOR a long WHILE.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 37 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by cheesegrate on 19-Jun-2002 22:19 GMT
heh calm down everyone... ;)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 38 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Daniel Miller on 19-Jun-2002 23:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 37 (cheesegrate):
cheesegrate said:
> heh calm down everyone... ;)
Cheesegrate, thank goodness you here, a rare voice of sanity!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 39 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by redfox on 19-Jun-2002 23:42 GMT
Oh boy ... another thread that has disintegrated into a discussion about MorphOS vs AmigaOS4.
Silly me. I thought this thread was "Eyetech answers regarding these three arguments: 1)AmigaONE Shipment Delay, 2)first users must sign NDA and 3)Installation of PPC SUSE Linux on AmigaONE ..."
No wonder everyone who knows the truth about the AmigaOne is under NDA.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 40 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by The Blue Pill Junkie on 20-Jun-2002 00:57 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (Coolio):
''Ralph is the incaranted spirit of Jay Miner! You are not even worthy to type his name!''
HA! I LIKE the Amiga License!!! It makes sure that you wanabe wankers will stay OFF our Amiga's!!!
It's better this way! ONE Amiga, if they didnt restrich the hardware, there would be a new motherboard 2/3 times a year and it would kill the amiga community because they would get faster and faster and code would get bloated just like linus and m$!
one motherboard to rule them all, one motherboard to FIND THEM, One motherboard to upgrade to, and in the darkness BIND THEM!!!
If you want your stupid hardware choices and stuff just use linus and winblows! Amiga was made good so you dont NEED fast CPU to be fast, well never need more than a 600mhz cpu because AMIGAOS4 OWN3Z J00!
With just 1 motherboard, we can say its a real amiga not some clone wanabe wanker hotrod hacker computer! this is why amiga are dooing the right thing! only real amiga people will buy it and thats good because we dont like you linus longhair freakypeople or you winblows micro$loth users!
the license keeps us pure, because only us real amiga users will ever buy one!
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 41 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 20-Jun-2002 03:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Coolio):
I think you are "seeing things", get medication. ;)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 42 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 20-Jun-2002 03:38 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Coolio):
>everyone who wrote good software for Amiga went to MorphOS
I've not bothered to re-check it, but a few months ago I counted far more higher support for AmigaOS than for MorphOS.
List Amiga SW companies that has abandoned AmigaOS, please. The list is very very short (0?).
>Commodore won't open source Workbench and do you know why?
Because Commodore is dead since 1994.
The reason why Amiga Inc does not open source WB/AmigaOS is because they want to do business with it.
LOL! What a great representative of the MOS cult. ;)
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 43 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Björn Hagström on 20-Jun-2002 03:39 GMT
Flamebait, no matter how obvious, always gets bitten by someone.
/Björn
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 44 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Jürgen Lange on 20-Jun-2002 04:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (Coolio):
> YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! MorphOS is the only way the Amiga will live
> on! LET ME EMPHASIS THIS, IT'S THE ONLY WAY!
It isn't the only way, MorphOS is only one of many ways. Coolio, cool
down!
> Commodore won't open source Workbench and do you know why?
Commodore? Where have you been? There is no company named Commodore.
Oh, you are talking about Amiga Inc.?
> Commodore won't open source Workbench and do you know why? BECAUSE
> THEY KNOW that MorphOS depends on it right now, they're deliberately
> delaying MorphOS so they can fragment the dieing market further!!!!
Oh, it can't be Amiga Inc.'s fault that MorphOS people were using
Workbench sources. Hey, and the MorphOS people are always stating that
there is no AmigaOS source in MorphOS. So you are talking bullshit.
> The law suits only prove Amiga Inc guilt!
What are you talking about.
> Ralph is the incaranted spirit of Jay Miner! You are not even worthy
> to type his name!
Dream on, Coolio, let's go Kindergarten.
Jürgen
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 45 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Jürgen Lange on 20-Jun-2002 04:08 GMT
In reply to Comment 25 (:):
Oh, you are able to cut & paste. Very nice, indeed. Is this the way,
MorphOS is beeing done? I don't think so. So try to do your own thing.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 46 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by kjetil on 20-Jun-2002 05:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (Not usually the spelling nazi, but sometimes it's):
>Seriously, Kjetil! I don't usually complain about the spelling of others, especially when
>they're writing in a foreign language, but come on!
>I think we could understand you better if you turned OFF your spell checker,
No there will be more errors.
>which transforms your misspelling of every third word into another word with a
>completely different meaning.
True and this because the spell checker don’t se words that are correctly typed.
>> If AmigaOS4.0 fails, there are no releases way we are not going MorphOS,
>I have no idea of what you're trying to say here.
“releases way” shoed have bin “reason way”,
and the reason way you are bit angry is that I have not done my best, and it’s a bit true,
my excuse is that I was were sleepy and that I’m Dyslexic, I usely read true on to tow times before I post.
"Watt"what, obviously, but this:
This is not the spell checker this is me, tank you for correcting me.
> AInc owns the source code and this is way they not going to relies them,
> "Way"This way? Why? "
Now you are being an prick.
>relies"release...
This is the spell checker , fail to find the error
>"there"their (and it's just as annoying when native English speakers can't master the >spelling of even those very fundamental words)
>"wont"want, "a side" = aside.
I’m not speaking English natively, this you picked up.
> do rely thing for one second morphos
will share there source code with AmigaInc, Way are they not using the Amiga Name,
Incomprehensible! It hurts looking at it.
>"there Owen"their own. Your spellchecker capitalising "Owen" didn't help.
The spell checker is Aspell as home, It’s not so advanced as MS word spell checker.
>"allot"a lot,
I was correcting “alott” to “allot” , tank you for correcting me.
>If your spellchecker doesn't offer reasonable suggestions for misspelt words, then please
>turn spellchecking off. You're not making any sense, and the text I'm trying to read is more >irritating than its intended message.
Some types wont have been detected, then many this mistakes wont be corrected add with the typos that I have fixed, the hole comment cud have bean a mess.
...
PS. Some times I hate to be reminded butt this is constructive, no need to hide you’re name.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 47 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by kjetil on 20-Jun-2002 05:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 45 (Jürgen Lange):
You should know how you are talking to,
---
Jeg har teknisk fagskole bak meg,
Vis du ønsker å se et av mine prosjekter, se på
http://Publicpaint.sourcefore.net
Hva er problemet ditt, kan du ikke akseptere at none må faktisk bruke stave kontroll,
---
En av grunnen til at jeg ikke deltar i slike prosjekter er for di jeg blir sliten av lese lange dokumenter som andre har skrevet, dette blir ganske hypotetisk men vis jeg ikke blei det kunne det tenkes at jeg ville delta Jeg respektere hva MorphOS folka har gjort,
jeg er ikke enig med dem, når det gjelder å kapre et marked som eies av en annen part,
selv om dem var først
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 48 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Raffaele on 20-Jun-2002 07:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (kjetil):
Ehm Kjetil?
http://Publicpaint.sourcefore.net
sourceFORE???
Are you sure about it?
Bye.
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 49 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Raffaele on 20-Jun-2002 07:26 GMT
Well, well, well...
When I passed such news from Czech Amiga News I was wondering that if a posting quarrel will set up, it will be regarding:
Pegasos -> Yellow Dog Linux
Amiga One -> SuSE LINUX
SuSE is a well known distro, easy for beginners of Linux (me too) and in its complete form is composed by no less than 7 CD...
I know nothing about Yellow Dog Linux...
Is someone out there who want to stop this ignominous fight which puts shame upon Amiga users and start to made a comparison between this two distros, enumerating pro and cons?
And regarding AmigaOS4 and Morphos 1.0...
Until I will test both, I don't want to incline myself for any of the two contendants...
Maybe one or both will be good... but I can also decide that both sucks if they don't accomplish my expectations on about a decent OS...
So stop cackle as weirdo crazy ducks, take a breath and be back human beings...
Bye,
Raffaele
AmigaONE Shipment Delay - First Users NDA and Installation of PPC SUSE Linux : Comment 50 of 81ANN.lu
Posted by Anders Kjeldsen on 20-Jun-2002 07:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 48 (Raffaele):
He obviously has a problem with spelling - Do we have to rub it in? :)
Anonymous, there are 81 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 81]
Back to Top