18-Nov-2017 02:46 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 48 items in your selection
[Web] DCE article is now on-line!ANN.lu
Posted on 03-Sep-2002 10:58 GMT by Michal Bergseth48 comments
View flat
View list
I just want to tell everyone, that Amitopias article about DCE is now on-line. Its with pictures and more. www.amitopia.tk Regards, AmiDelf Amitopia article about DCE
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 1 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Kronos (217.0.51.18) on 03-Sep-2002 09:33 GMT
@AmiDelf
Before you start singing the high-ELBOX-song like you seem to do in the article,
you should remember: P96/CGX/Warp3D/OpenPCI and now the funny statements about
OS4 !
Doesn't make DCE look better (off-course), but atleast you have to admit that
they are not the only one with odd buisness practices.
E3B (SubWay) and Matay are the only (current) HW-producers that stay clean of
all this fuding and care about proper-licenced SW for their HW.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 2 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (80.203.33.189) on 03-Sep-2002 10:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Kronos):
Allmost every company have their weaknes. The article is about the support
wich DCE gives the Amiga people. In that case, ELBOX is much better. Atleast
they give you info once you send them mail. You get a repply within 12 hours.
I've tested that out. And one other thing. Without ELBOX helping the Amiga marked,
the Amiga would be much more dead than it is today. I am not a fan of ELBOX, but
they are one of the bigger Amiga companies left.
The article is about support and in that case, I mentioned ELBOX. Even Matay is
better, but I havent heard from them in months, days...
Regards,
AmiDelf
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 3 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 11:22 GMT
You got a board that DCE presented as tested&working and then you say:
"WRONG". What's wrong ?
Mr Dellert told you last year that you had the latest flash and that
it was ready for G-Rex. Yeah and ?
You are insultng DCE because you didn't even understand that later
flashes have only fix&improvements for G-Rex users ? Of course you
don't have to upgrade if you have no G-Rex.
You are just trying to spread lies. It's patently obvious in this
"article".
Now, I begin to ask myself if your AmigaInc interview wasn't a big
fake.
Nobody can thrust someone acting like that.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 4 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by anarchic_teapot (80.11.227.78) on 03-Sep-2002 11:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Nicolas Sallin):
Nicolas Sallin fearlessly spoke out:
> You got a board that DCE presented as tested&working and then you
> say: "WRONG". What's wrong ?
The clear implication here is that the stated "tested and working" was erroneous as applied to the board in question. In other words, it didn't bloody work.
> You are just trying to spread lies. It's patently obvious in this
> "article".
You'll have to be a bit more specific if you want to convince other people, many of whom have had bad experiences with DCE, that the interview is a tissue of lies. A simple accusation unsupported by evidence is of no value, except in discrediting the accuser.
> Now, I begin to ask myself if your AmigaInc interview wasn't a big
> fake.
Ah, FUD. Bravo. In other words: "I don't like what he writes, but I have no real counterarguments so I'll scream and scream until I'm sick"
> Nobody can thrust someone acting like that.
Ipse dixit, lad. Use your brain: I know you've got one.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 5 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Ole-Egil (195.1.135.34) on 03-Sep-2002 11:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Michal Bergseth):
Actually, ELBOX' image seems to have gone from bad to better. Not perfect, but a lot better than it seemed in the early Mediator days. I held off buying a Mediator for a LONG time because there seemed to be a lot of disgruntled users. But then suddenly things started to look better and I'm really very satisfied with what I got.
I really don't know what to think about ELBOX not contributing to a common PCI library and/or supporting Hyperion with docs. I'm sure they have a reason, but I don't see the logic ;-)
I have never bought anything from P5 or DCE's product range, but god knows I've tried long enough. There just wasn't a BPPC to get hold of here in Norway...
Lucky me, eh? ;-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 6 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Ole-Egil (195.1.135.34) on 03-Sep-2002 11:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (anarchic_teapot):
God damn, Rose. Do you have to shoot down the FUDders with such force? Good one, though. Nicely plucked chicken, that is.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 7 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 12:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Nicolas Sallin):
I dont know if I got the same board back even. It was totally different and whats so strange, is that the PPC board suddendly stops at c:loadmondrv in my S:startup-sequence, wich is really strange. My old Commodore 040 board works without any problems.
DCE wont never get support from my side until they improove their support. Its not just about me the article, its for everyone wich still waits for their PPC board. And I know lots of them.
The thing about G-REX is as true as you read it. Last year, I got my PPC board at the port here in Oslo. Mr.Dellert told me then that the board was Flashed up so its ready for G-REX, but now. When we visited DCE he told me that. No, you dont need to upgrade the Flash since you dont have a G-REX board. Where is the truth then?
I will stay away from them, and rather support real Amiga companies for sure!
Regards,
Michal Bergseth
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 8 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Ben Yoris (217.109.191.5) on 03-Sep-2002 12:24 GMT
Et voilà.
The Amiga community : two of my friends (Henes & Rose) firing at each other all the time.
Sad. I feel sad.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 9 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Kronos (217.80.165.195) on 03-Sep-2002 12:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Michal Bergseth):
Lets assume that all differences between your flash and the newest one
are about G-Rex related stuff, so you would not need to update since
you don't have a G-Rex. Doesn't mean you can't use a G-Rex with your
current flash, but just that you don't have the latest bug-fixes.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 10 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 12:42 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Michal Bergseth):
You should better try running the monitor using its specific name than
using loadmondrv, IMHO. Maybe you have an outdated library or such.
You can't blame hardware as easily. You must find the exact problem
first.
About the flash, I don't really understand why you don't get it.
1. One year ago, your board was flashed with the lastest software.
2. Since then, a new flashupdate is available, but helping G-Rex
owners only. Nothing new for Bvision/Mediator users.
3. Mr Dellert tell you it's useless to flash your PowerUP board
because you have no G-Rex.
It's like if Microsoft released a new Windows update with improvements
for Intel CPU owners only. You have an AMD ? Then no need to update.
What's the problem ?
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 11 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 12:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Nicolas Sallin):
I've got AmigaOS v3.9 installed. I dont think so
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 12 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alfred Schwarz (141.50.43.176) on 03-Sep-2002 13:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (Michal Bergseth):
Could be a problem with your CGFX; AFAIK older (= not the newest beta) versions of CGFX want OS3.1 and nothing else, so if you are running OS3.9 (especially with the exec update) CGFX will not work.
You could try
- Updating CGFX
- leave out the exec update
Ciao, Alfred
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 13 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 13:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (Michal Bergseth):
Then do you know if that happens because of an AGA monitor files
(DblPal, MultiScan, etc), CGX, P96... etc ? You should search the
exact root of the problem.
Did you understand the flash thing now ? If yes and if you want to be
fair, you should modify your article and/or make public excuses for
implying DCE didn't know their affair. On this precise point, at
least.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 14 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 13:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 12 (Alfred Schwarz):
I am using Picasso90 v2.0
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 15 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 13:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (Nicolas Sallin):
It might be wrong, but then again I want mail from DCE about it. The PPC board is also a bit redesigned. I dont know what they've done to it even.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 16 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (62.103.189.1) on 03-Sep-2002 13:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Michal Bergseth):
You most probably use a new flash while having the old CGX. Try to either
install the latest CGX, or an older flash. I did have this prob at some time.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 17 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 13:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Michal Bergseth):
Did you check the SerialNumber of the boards ?
In the meantime, you shouldn't write so rude article about the affair
if you are not 100% sure yet.
I really don't understand how you can act this way :-(
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 18 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 14:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (Nicolas Sallin):
This is one of my first articles. So, for me it was fake. Because I asked him if its updated with latest Flash and he repplied that it dosent need to be flashed up to work with G-REX. Last year he told me that it was ready for use with G-REX.
Tell me whats wrong here?
My Amiga is:
Amiga 4000 CyberstormPPC PPC/060, PicassoIV, DelfinaDSP, Ariadne_II, 6.4gb HD, 128mb RAM, 36x IDE CD-ROM
My software is:
AmigaOS v3.9 with Picasso96 v2.0 installed and Dopus Magellan II
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 19 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 14:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Michal Bergseth):
I already explained it to you.
Since last year, a new flashupdate appeared.
IIRC, it mainly add a BootVGA feature for Voodoo3. Nothing usefull
if you don't own a G-Rex.
And no, you don't absolutely need it to use a G-Rex.
So?
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 20 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 14:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (Nicolas Sallin):
My point here is!:
1: Last year I could buy a G.REX without flashing it up
2: Now they say that I dont need to flash it up to G-REX level
And.. I never lie. This is one of my first articles ever, so if you misunderstood it and didnt like it. Oki. Then I will keep the article so I dont such misstakes. Generally, the article attacks DCE's Amiga support!
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 21 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 15:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Michal Bergseth):
In your website, you say:
1. Last year, Mr Dellert told you that your board was already updated
with the latest flash at this time; it was ready for G-Rex.
2. This year he says you don't need to flash it again since you
already have a "grex ready" flash.
There is no conflict in what he said. There is nothing wrong.
I really don't understand why you make a whole part of your article
about this problem. There is no problem.
I know we are two non native english speakers but the whole thing is
so obvious...
Are you making it on purpose or what ?
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 22 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 16:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (Nicolas Sallin):
Thats the thing. My PPC board now aint ready for G-REX. Thats the point!
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 23 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by anarchic_teapot (80.11.227.78) on 03-Sep-2002 16:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Ben Yoris):
Ben Yoris wrote sadly:
> The Amiga community : two of my friends (Henes & Rose) firing at each other
> all the time.
Not *all* the time. But when someone sticks their chin out like that, I just _have_ to hit it with the nearest available custard pie.
> Sad. I feel sad.
Nonsense. Good sparring practice for both of us :-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 24 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Sallin (195.132.0.227) on 03-Sep-2002 16:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (Michal Bergseth):
So, last year your board was ready for G-Rex (you wrote it in your
article, remember). But now, it isn't anymore ?
Ok. It seems you just want to be annoying and spread bullshit.
Without me.
Bye.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 25 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (212.20.204.26) on 03-Sep-2002 16:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (Nicolas Sallin):
I dont want to spread bullshit. But thats how things are and everything I write is true. My PPC board aint compatible with AmigaOS v3.9 and Picasso96 longer even. 3 months ago, my PPC board wich I sent for repair, worked with the same setup and I havent changed anything.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 26 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Quantum-3 (203.26.98.4) on 03-Sep-2002 18:55 GMT
I've heard many sad stories of poeple sending in boards to DCE and then never hearing from them again.
In our own user group a member sent in one of his two Cyberstorm PPC boards for repair of non working scsi. He's never seen the board again. That was over 2 years ago and despite repeated attempts to contact DCE and even get his board back unrepaired and him offering to pay all freight, DCE has not responded.
It seems they are all yes send it to us, no problems we'll fix it and once they have your board they stop all communication with you.
I would certainly never even entertain the idea of sending a board to DCE for repair because it would be the same as throwing it off a bridge.
Perhaps DCE give better service to those in Europe (especially Germany) because those in Europe can physically drop in to the place of business.
Anyway we have DCE's poor service to thank for the AmigaOne. Alan Redhouse gave up on DCE being able to supply and so the AmiOne idea was born.
Cheers :-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 27 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Bill "tekmage" Borsari (143.127.3.10) on 03-Sep-2002 20:36 GMT
So what is the truth? Bill Buck tells us that DCE is fine, even requested feed back on DCE and claimed to have gotten two negative replys.
Now I see atleast two messages here with negative experiance with DCE and service.
So what is the truth?
I'm concerned since I sent my CSPPC board in today.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 28 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (62.103.189.1) on 03-Sep-2002 20:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Quantum-3):
Ehm, you don't know anything about the AmigaONE case... It's designer couldn't
make it on time. It's designer wasn't DCE. DCE produced the prototypes (and I
think that Dellert also designed the PCB).
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 29 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (62.103.189.1) on 03-Sep-2002 20:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (Bill "tekmage" Borsari):
Keep this in mind: If you sent your CSPPC, CALL them, to ask for info, etc.
Never send an email. It won't be replied.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 30 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett (212.159.187.64) on 03-Sep-2002 20:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Quantum-3):
> Anyway we have DCE's poor service to thank for the AmigaOne. Alan Redhouse
> gave up on DCE being able to supply and so the AmiOne idea was born.
Hmmm... I don't remember it that way.
IIRC, Eyetech were going to release their own PCI busboard solution called the Predator. A slightly better featured version was to follow, the Predator+, and this was meant to use the same technology as their BIG project, the AmigaOne. I can't be sure, but I suspect that all of these were probably expected to be built by Escena in Germany.
The rest is speculation. Elbox released their Mediator, and DCE were also about to release the G-Rex. My guess is that Escena were so far from completing the Predator that Eyetech decided to relieve them of that task (and the Predator+), so they could concentrate on the AmigaOne. As the Predators had already been announced and advertised, Eyetech struck a deal with DCE to market rebadged G-Rex cards under the Predator name, this also working out cheaper than going through with the Escena design and having to pay their R&D costs. I doubt that DCE delivered many units.
If you think about it, something similar happened with the A1G3SE. Escena failed to deliver anywhere near on time - according to Bill McE they never seemed likely to have working hardware - and Eyetech eventually turned to MAI when it was obvious that hardware had to be produced from somewhere.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 31 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett (212.159.187.64) on 03-Sep-2002 21:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 29 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
> Keep this in mind: If you sent your CSPPC, CALL them, to ask for
> info, etc. Never send an email. It won't be replied.
Ouch! It sounds like Tekmage is in for a rough time, what with the expense of international calls and the time-zone difference.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 32 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Cliff Y, Irritating. (200.164.56.24) on 03-Sep-2002 21:20 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Quantum-3):
> Anyway we have DCE's poor service to thank for the AmigaOne. Alan Redhouse gave up on
> DCE being able to supply and so the AmiOne idea was born.
Wow. I'm amazed you can be so totally delusional and so totally without a grasp of reality and the world around you, and still be able to express yourself in writing using a high-tech device like a computer.
Well done, fucktard! Now go fetch your drinking straw and your Barnie The Dinosaur bib. It's dinner time for good little mongoloids. Yummy gruel in the trisomian's tummy! Now that you have learned how to write, maybe you can even wipe up your own drool and piss so that dada can go and cry over your existence in the livingroom?
Escena designed the "original" AmigaOne. DCE is a hardware manufacturer. There was never anything to manufacture. Well, except for that mockup prototype that this incompetent numbskull Redhouse dragged along to some shows, receiving oohs and aahs from shitgobblers like yourself. Fuck, my deceased grandmother knows more about hardware logic design than that filthy used car salesman.
The Teron CX "idea" was born by Mai, out of their northbridge designs and the POP design. Again, DCE or Eyetech had nothing to do with that.
Oh yeah, DCE are probably con artists as well, but not any more than any other company in this "market". Tho it's fun to see nitwits (both of them - the outrage!) with broken Amigas and misconfigured software blaming their failures on a singled out PCB assembly plant.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 33 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Elektro (193.77.28.70) on 03-Sep-2002 23:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (Bill "tekmage" Borsari):
Why not try that shop in France?
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 34 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (212.185.249.88) on 04-Sep-2002 00:36 GMT
Nice shots from DCE!
Well, a few things I noticed...
>G-REX development has stopped, because of the expensive driver developers.
>Stop telling things wich isnt true*
>*= This is about the G-REX info wich I spread. Suddendly I got a mail from
>Amiga Plus in Germany that Vesalia had sent them a e-mail that the G-REX is
>in production and that G-REX 4000T is on its way.
This is not a contradiction. On the one hand there is development/drivers and
on the other hand the actual production.
I hear the Pegasos drivers (OpenPCI etc.) will work with G-REX since they share
the same address room (or whatever). Maybe someone from the team can say more.
I see no big drawback if DCE "outsources" driver developments.
>And he also told me that I didnt have to flash it up, since I didnt got any
>G-REX. But, ehrm.. last year, Mr.Dellert told me that it was updated to the
>latest and was EVEN ready for G-REX.
Flash upnew revision?
I think Mr Sallin already said it, you got a flash that works with G-REX but
since you don´t have one currently, you don´t need a newer (G-REX) flash either.
>I will never support DCE at this point, they dont deserve to exsist
>So if youre going to buy any hardware, dont buy CyberstormPPC, BlizzardPPC,
>Blizzard1230, G-REX 1200 and G-REX 4000. Go for [...] companies, like ELBOX!
This is very bad - an open call for boycott from a magazine. I hope you won´t
run into legal trouble, pal.
>Köln
At least you don´t write "Koln". :-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 35 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (212.185.249.89) on 04-Sep-2002 00:51 GMT
Oh yes, and it´s Pegasos like Pegasus and not PegasOS like Pegas-OS...
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 36 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (80.203.33.189) on 04-Sep-2002 04:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 34 (Anonymous):
Well, my point in the article is fully legal. Its about support and this thread
in ANN, wich I see as one of the most seriouse debates in ages :) give me some
hints on how to do my next articles. Its my first time and yes. I attack DCE, not
the company, but mainly their support outside of Germany.
<p>
Well, Mr.Dellert told me that the board is suddendly NOT compatible with G-REX
as I understood it. Mr.Dellert speaks very well in English, so I dont make it
worse than it is. I just write what I heard.
<p>
Amitopia is also a printed Amiga magazine in Scandinavia. We dont want a bad
reputation because of such article. Offcourse, as a consumer service, there will
allways be people wich supports the non-supportive companies.
<p>
Conclusion!:<br>
Who do I blame?<br>
Not entire DCE. Because they have the potentional to be better. A lot better. Infact,
DCE could be one of Amigas greatest Amiga companies ever, but something is wrong
over there. They dont give very bad support, they dont repply on mails like others
here says and they either lied to me about the G-REX thing or just wanted to spread
rumours for fun. I dont like rumours, I actually disslike them. So, this article was
for me a big task to do, because I didnt know where to go and this is the result of
it.
<p>
www.amitopia.tk
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 37 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (80.203.33.189) on 04-Sep-2002 04:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 36 (Michal Bergseth):
Wrong in the conclusion...
Conclusion!:<br>
Who do I blame?<br>
Not entire DCE. Because they have the potentional to be better. A lot better. Infact,
DCE could be one of Amigas greatest Amiga companies ever, but something is wrong
over there. They give "very" bad support, they dont repply on mails like others
here says and they either lied to me about the G-REX thing or just wanted to spread
rumours for fun. I dont like rumours, I actually disslike them. So, this article was
for me a big task to do, because I didnt know where to go and this is the result of
it.
<p>
www.amitopia.tk
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 38 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Augusto Rojo (200.37.20.13) on 04-Sep-2002 08:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 29 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Yes, I have problems with DCE also, I have a not working Blizzard 2060 and many times I send e-mail to DCE, they never respond, when I contact Software Hut -in USA- (they sell me the board) they confirm that DCE don´t respond the calls or e-mails and don´t return the boards that they send. Bytheway I´m in Peru and think that probably the service can be better in Germany because you can directly to his address. Bytheway the install driver for the 2060 that they have in their www can´t be installed it have an error in the compressed file.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 39 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (212.205.250.164) on 04-Sep-2002 09:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 35 (Anonymous):
The original ancient Greek word is Pegasos, so don't say like pegasus:))
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 40 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (212.205.250.164) on 04-Sep-2002 09:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (Augusto Rojo):
They respond to phone calls. They ignore emails.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 41 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (80.203.33.189) on 04-Sep-2002 11:41 GMT
Due to DCE's wish. The article has now been changed a bit.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 42 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Kolbjørn Barmen (158.38.62.32) on 04-Sep-2002 13:08 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Michal Bergseth):
What's wrong?
Lack of brain celles?
Just a suggestion.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 43 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Michal Bergseth (80.203.33.189) on 04-Sep-2002 13:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 42 (Kolbjørn Barmen):
If you want to discuss, do that and dont throw childlish words out of nowhere. Its
people like you wich makes ANN a mess. Youre the only one on this thread wich
acts like you do.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 44 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Quantum-3 (203.26.98.4) on 04-Sep-2002 20:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Cliff Y, Irritating.):
>> Anyway we have DCE's poor service to thank for the AmigaOne. Alan Redhouse gave up on
>> DCE being able to supply and so the AmiOne idea was born.
>Wow. I'm amazed you can be so totally delusional and so totally without a grasp of reality and the world around you, and still be able to express yourself in writing using a high-tech device like a computer.
>Well done, fucktard! Now go fetch your drinking straw and your Barnie The Dinosaur bib. It's dinner time for good little mongoloids. Yummy gruel in the trisomian's tummy! Now that you have learned how to write, maybe you can even wipe up your own drool and piss so that dada can go and cry over your existence in the livingroom?
Wow ;-) I didn't realise I was so far gone.....are you sure you're not looking in a mirror?
However I stand by what I said. DCE couldn't supply, Eyetech had X number of orders for DCE PPC cards that DCE couldn't supply and so the Amiga One idea was born.
You can read about it yourself at,
http://amigaworld.net/news/archive/arc3-2002.shtml
It's from a meeting with the Redhouse's held in the South of France with the AmigaPower Crew.
You only have to scroll down the page a little and you'll see it. It was also posted to the AmigaOne mail list on Yahoo Groups as well.
>Escena designed the "original" AmigaOne. DCE is a hardware manufacturer. There was never anything to manufacture. Well, except for that mockup prototype that this incompetent numbskull Redhouse dragged along to some shows, receiving oohs and aahs from shitgobblers like yourself. Fuck, my deceased grandmother knows more about hardware logic design than that filthy used car salesman.
>The Teron CX "idea" was born by Mai, out of their northbridge designs and the POP design. Again, DCE or Eyetech had nothing to do with that.
Whatever....I never mentioned anything about the actual design or manufacture....only the "idea".
>Oh yeah, DCE are probably con artists as well, but not any more than any other company in this "market". Tho it's fun to see nitwits (both of them - the outrage!) with broken Amigas and misconfigured software blaming their failures on a singled out PCB assembly plant.
I only stated true known facts :-)
Cheers :-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 45 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis (212.205.250.164) on 04-Sep-2002 23:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 44 (Quantum-3):
You are still wrong. AmigaONE started as the Predator design (a PCI board for
bppc), it "successor", the Predator Plus (PCI, AGP, CPU&SDRAM) and it finally
reached the AmigaONE state. The hardware was under development for quite some
time when Escena failed to deliver. The original AmigaONE prototypes were done
by DCE.
And about DCE not being able to deliver... When will you understand that you
need parts to make hardware? They have a *VERY* hard time getting PPC chips.
The same reason they can't repair most board that get there. Except if you want
a BPPC card with no PPC chip soldered and some logic chips missing.
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 46 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Quantum-3 (203.26.98.6) on 05-Sep-2002 00:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 45 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
I really don't care about the politics of it all.
The article really speaks for itself and was the result of a meeting and interview with Alan Redhouse. So if you think he's full of BS perhaps you could take it up with him ;-)
I also really don't care for the reasons DCE couldn't deliver. The facts were DCE couldn't deliver and in business you go to who can supply and deliver on time. As it was Alans ideas became the AmigaONE eventually.
Plus the facts are DCE still willingly take PPC Cards for repair and never return them.
Cheers :-)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 47 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Bandaren (194.47.16.184) on 05-Sep-2002 06:09 GMT
First. Thanks Michal Bergseth for providing something more than "just" rumors about one of the most discussed amiga-related company there is today. Me myself was very surprised to find the "all and mighty" BIG DCE to be housed in what looked like a garage in a suburb part of Köln.
However I think the article could have told so much more if it hade focused at other things aswell... For example:
Is CyberstormPPC and BlizzardPPC cards still being made when DCE gets hold of PPC cpus for them? currently vesalia sells models of them at speeds (268mhz) never recognized by sites as http://www.amiga-hardware.com/.
If they have a hard time getting chips, why don't they move forward with the design then, let's say kick out the MPC603e/MPC604e and use the pin,bus and software compatable MPC740 and tripple thoose MIPS. The 68k could be replaced with a coldfire solution.
They would probably answer something like there is no point in taking the design further due to salesfigures etc. Well right back at them they would actually have something that is up to date with 2002 and actually giving customers something for their money. WHO spends 799 EUR for a CyberstormPPC today???? Get a GRIP DCE, the A1 and Pegasos is cheaper!
Other questions could be as simple as: What is DCE's long term policy in the Amiga market? Are they going to stay or leave? That would answer lot's of questions I think.
Bandaren
(I will put something really lame here in the future)
DCE article is now on-line! : Comment 48 of 48ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (212.185.248.214) on 05-Sep-2002 19:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (Bandaren):
>Me myself was very surprised to find the "all and mighty" BIG DCE to be housed
>in what looked like a garage in a suburb part of Köln.
Anonymous, there are 48 items in your selection
Back to Top