24-Oct-2021 15:55 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 90 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 90]
[Web] Something for EveryoneANN.lu
Posted on 17-Sep-2002 07:46 GMT by Mike Bouma90 comments
View flat
View list
In a new Amiga editorial for Suite101, John Chandler focusses on the Amiga solutions already available and what we can soon expect from Amiga Inc. Among this are AmigaDE enabled Zaurus PDAs and smartphones, AA availability in mainstream European shops and AmigaOS 4.0 scheduled for a pre-Christmas launch.
Something for Everyone : Comment 1 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by DOJ on 17-Sep-2002 09:45 GMT
Wow, that was an uninteresting piece of marketing. Are you sure that "Mike Bouma" and "John Chandler" aren't the same person? The sycophantic, zealous, astroturfing clap trap usually posted by the former on OSNews and /. bears remarkable similarities to this.
Well, it wasn't totally uninteresting. There were some interesting half-truths sprinkled in the soup:
"The Amiga continues on its slow but steady revival, with developments racking up nicely in both the mobile and desktop environments."
No, the Amiga is dead and not about to be revived. AmigaOS OTOH will be updated, and it will run on third-party hardware, and the "mobile environments" have nothing to do with anything "Amiga". I expected John Chandler of all people to be aware of this, even though I see articles in the uninitiated "main stream" media talking about "new Amigas" and such nonsense.
"Sendo, a UK mobile phone manufacturer, and O2 have inked deals with Amiga Inc which will help establish the AmigaAnywhere platform as a core technology for the future of mobile applications and content."
If this were a corporate marketing announcement, instead of an article on Suite 101 ("Real People helping Real People"), I suppose the prediction about AA being established as a core technology for anything could have its place. Now it doesn't.
"I've also learnt that Olivetti-subsidiary Royal will be making use of AmigaAnywhere in the near future."
You and everybody else who were at AmiWest or read/heard the reports from there...
"For those who thought AmigaAnywhere had faltered, time to think again."
For those who already have come to any conclusion regarding this "Yet Another Content Delivery Layer", time to wait and see. At least until some time after the products have been shipping with it pre-installed, which they haven't. Is this advertisement payed for?
"Development of AmigaOS 4.0 continues at a brisk pace, with new screenshots released of the UI and assorted components such as AmiDock."
Releasing screenshots of GUI components running on OS 3.x does not constitute development in any pace.
"The guys at Hyperion have pulled off a fantastic job since taking on the project, with many aspects scheduled for later 4.x releases being folded into the initial release."
Since according to the initial plans and feature lists, AmigaOS 4.2 and 4.5 would already have been out for quite some time by now, this is quite a meaningless observation. So the version number to be used is still 4.0? Yay. What a fantastic job. Why not just rename the initial release to "3.9.5" and say "look, they worked so hard that they got all this stuff included already in 3.9!"
"As previously mentioned, a greater proportion of the OS will be fully PowerPC-native than had been first planned, which is excellent news - offering a considerably shorter and smoother transition period."
Ummm, hello? Logic paging John Chandler, please report to the information desk! If OS4 had been released with these "new" features at the first planned date, then yes your observation would've been correct. Now OS4 is released LATER than the initially planned date, which is why your observation is, if not nonsensical, totally irrelevant.
"Several other Linux distributions have been made available for the new hardware and the MorphOS team announced recently that MorphOS has also been successfully ported. This is all good news, ensuring that the hardware will receive a suitably broad user base essential for future development and funding. In fact, the partnership between MAI Logic (who provide key technology for the AmigaOne motherboard) and Eyetech has blossomed, with a long-term commitment announced by both parties."
I don't know what to say. This is just PATHETIC!
Linux running on a mobo that ALWAYS has been running Linux (yes, even since before Eyetech and Mai had heard of eachother) is not "news". And are you really reducing Mai's TeronCX to a "key technology" of the "AmigaOne"? It IS the "AmigaOne" damnit! Also, the "partnership" (LOL) between Mai and Eyetech has not yet started to blossom, since the "partnership" constitutes Eyetech being a distributor of Mai's products, and that distribution has not yet begun.
"The BIOS has been upgraded to deal with the increased demands, leading to a joint Eyetech-Hyperion development that has ported the PPCboot firmware to the new hardware."
Sigh. What "increased" demands? AmigaOS may have "other" demands than all other OSes that can use Open Firmware, but surely not "increased" compared to e.g. Linux. After switching to PPCBoot, there are however increased demands on the firmware, since this firmware was originally designed for low-end embedded devices. I also have a hard time seeing *Eyetech* of all people and companies having the competence to do any firmware development. This is a PPCBoot-community/Mai/Hyperion project.
"Looking good."
Looking astroturfed.
Something for Everyone : Comment 2 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 17-Sep-2002 10:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (DOJ):
Unnecessary.
Something for Everyone : Comment 3 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by cheesegrate on 17-Sep-2002 10:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (priest):
needed to be said
Something for Everyone : Comment 4 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 11:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (cheesegrate):
Samface: What? That I'm really a sycophat and actually the same person as John in reality? You really believe this is anything more but a flaming troll?
DOJ wrote:
> No, the Amiga is dead and not about to be revived.
Wrong Amiga Inc is alive and soon we will see new Amiga products, just like you have PowerMacs today running MacOS X instead of 68k Macs running the old MacOS. Also similarly to the way Windows XP powered PCs are NOT identical to those old PCs running MSDOS and 286 hardware. This is called evolution!
> AmigaOS OTOH will be updated, and it will run on third-party hardware
Would you prefer it if Amiga Inc tied their software solely to in-house developed hardware? Just like Apple when they killed the clones?
> and the "mobile environments" have nothing to do with anything "Amiga".
Amiga Anywhere and AmigaDE share common APIs and other source code with AmigaOS. Go onto a Microsoft websited and tell those people there, that .Net and WindowsCE have nothing to do with x86 and MSDOS. Believe me they will laugh at you, right in your face! Me too :)
> If this were a corporate marketing announcement, instead of an article on
> Suite 101 ("Real People helping Real People"), I suppose the prediction
> about AA being established as a core technology for anything could have its
> place. Now it doesn't.
Why shouldn't he write about it, the Sendo relationship (Amiga software pre-installed) for instance is already well known within the mainstream press.
> You and everybody else who were at AmiWest or read/heard the reports from
> there...
I wasn't there. (Was this announced there?) At least I got this information from somewhere else.
> So the version number to be used is still 4.0? Yay. What a fantastic job.
AmigaOS4 is mainly in fact 4.2 as originally planned, but as it will be the first release it makes far more sense to be called AmigaOS4 instead. MorphOS for instance has also been delayed and will contain more components than originally anticipated. Does that mean bPlan has to call their OS MorphOS 2.0 instead? You don't make any sense!
> I don't know what to say. This is just PATHETIC!
IMO, people like you are pathetic.
> Linux running on a mobo that ALWAYS has been running Linux (yes, even since
> before Eyetech and Mai had heard of eachother) is not "news". And are you
> really reducing Mai's TeronCX to a "key technology" of the "AmigaOne"?
This isn't the same board as the ultra expensive evaluation board. The fact is that without AmigaOS4 nothing would have come from it. After all the FUD spread by people like you, telling people that several Linux distributions are already ported without any problems is good news to many. Similar statements have been made with regards to Linux and for instance Mac On Linux by companies supporting the bPlan motherboards. Feel free to bug them by saying you think they are pathetic.
> Sigh. What "increased" demands? AmigaOS may have "other" demands than all
> other OSes that can use Open Firmware, but surely not "increased" compared
> to e.g. Linux.
What I hate is people first spreading FUD that the orginal Boot ROM is incompetent and then when I say that I agree with them but a better, more featureful and less buggy alternative is being developed, the all of the sudden people attack this as well as the orginal ROM should have been enough... Really pathetic IMO...
The release for AmigaOne and AmigaOS4 is looking good, regardless if you like it or not.
Something for Everyone : Comment 5 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox on 17-Sep-2002 11:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Mike Bouma):
"Amiga Anywhere and AmigaDE share common APIs and other source code
with AmigaOS. "
Do they?
Something for Everyone : Comment 6 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 11:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Don Cox):
Yes they do,
This is one important reason why Amiga Inc is so keen on the development of a desktop OS, this regardless of pressure from investors. Amiga Inc has a very promising roadmap towards AOS5 and both AmigaOS4.x and the development of the AmigaDE play an essential part for realizing this goal.
Something for Everyone : Comment 7 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by DOJ on 17-Sep-2002 12:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Mike Bouma):
>> No, the Amiga is dead and not about to be revived.
> Wrong Amiga Inc is alive and soon we will see new Amiga products,
We may see new Amiga Inc. products, we will not see new Amigas. Your comparison with Apple/Macs is irrelevant. The Macs are still proprietary designs from the Apple company. Amiga Inc is moving away from that, there will be no new Amigas, just AmigaOS and whatever third party hardware it can run on. Please read what Amiga Inc itself says.
>> AmigaOS OTOH will be updated, and it will run on third-party hardware
> Would you prefer it if Amiga Inc tied their software solely to in-house
> developed hardware?
NO! Of course not! It's GOOD that there will be no more Amigas! It's the best thing that could happen to AmigaOS! But unfortunately the Amiga Inc. lunatics will remove the advantage that AmigaOS and we could have gotten, by applying licensing restrictions to our hardware. So in effect it's meaningless that we will FINALLY have "generic" third party hardware, AmigaOS is still unnecessarily restricted hardware-wise for no good reason whatsoever. The effect is unfortunately the same as if there still was only in-house developed hardware.
> Amiga Anywhere and AmigaDE share common APIs and other source code with
> AmigaOS.
WTF???? What have you been smoking? Or did I miss a joke here?
> Go onto a Microsoft websited and tell those people there, that .Net and
> WindowsCE have nothing to do with x86 and MSDOS. Believe me they will laugh
> at you, right in your face! Me too :)
What ARE you BABBLING about?? What the hell does that have to do with what I said, that DE/AA has nothing to do with any "Amigas"?
> [Royal PDAs] I wasn't there. (Was this announced there?)
Yes.
>> So the version number to be used is still 4.0? Yay. What a fantastic job.
> AmigaOS4 is mainly in fact 4.2 as originally planned, but as it will be the
> first release it makes far more sense to be called AmigaOS4 instead. MorphOS
> for instance has also been delayed and will contain more components than
> originally anticipated. Does that mean bPlan has to call their OS MorphOS
> 2.0 instead? You don't make any sense!
You either don't read what I write or understand it. Sorry if I was unclear, but I honestly can't see how you missed this: Chandler said that it's so great that all stuff originally announced for OS 4.2/4.5 is now included "already" in OS 4.0. I say that this means nothing since OS 4.0 is delayed and to be released at the same time or after the time that OS 4.2/4.5 was originally intended to be released, so in practice nothing has changed. I did not complain over that it'll be called 4.0. Get it?
> This isn't the same board as the ultra expensive evaluation board.
No, it's the same board as the "commercial" Teron CX. And BTW, the "evaluation" board was $300 if you could live without developer support.
> The fact is that without AmigaOS4 nothing would have come from it.
"Fact"? "FACT"???? That's your twisted speculation, and it's ridiculous. AmigaOS is a speck on the windshield of the PowerPC/POP world, heck it's a fly egg waiting to be born and become a fly that can become a speck on that windshield. It's irrelevant.
> the orginal ROM should have been enough...
OK, I don't understand how you read people's posts here. You obviously have decided that everyoone's out to disagree with you or attack you. I said nothing of the sort. But now that you mention it, it seems really, really stupid to completely switch from OF to PPCBoot instead of just including the features/updates you want in the more widespread and suppoerted OF. But as you implied, it seems some idiots out there want to be "different" just for the sake of being different.
> The release for AmigaOne and AmigaOS4 is looking good, regardless if you
> like it or not.
Jesus Christ man! Did I comment on those issues? No. OK, you're obviously a zealot, but stop believing that everyone subscribes to a "package of thinking" and belongs to a damn "camp". Am I not allowed to agree that "the release of AmigaOS4 is looking good" (I don't give a shit about the A1, and I shouldn't have to) just because I disagree with this Suite101 article?
Something for Everyone : Comment 8 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox on 17-Sep-2002 12:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 6 (Mike Bouma):
Everything I've seen suggests that the AmigaDE is based on Tao's
Intent/Elate OS, which is quite different from AmigaOS.
The only exception I know of is that Hyperion are providing a 3D
engione for both OSes.
Nothing in the DE player or in the screenshots from AA has any
resemblance to AmigaOS.
Something for Everyone : Comment 9 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Björn Hagström on 17-Sep-2002 12:12 GMT
Zealots calling zealots zealots, LOL. Ann takes the cake every time :o)
Keep the soap going folks ;o)
/Björn
Something for Everyone : Comment 10 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 12:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (DOJ):
Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and stop lying. Why is it MOS fanatics must lie through their teeth?
Something for Everyone : Comment 11 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 17-Sep-2002 12:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (DOJ):
Bravo! Excellent observation.
Dammy
Something for Everyone : Comment 12 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 12:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (dammy):
Another fine example of a lie spreading fucking idiot.
Something for Everyone : Comment 13 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 12:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (DOJ):
> We may see new Amiga Inc. products, we will not see new Amigas.
Amiga is a brand and has always been so. If you personally consider a CDTV not to be an Amiga (it is) or you consider a DraCo be an Amiga (it is not) is besides the point.
> Your comparison with Apple/Macs is irrelevant. The Macs are still
> proprietary designs from the Apple company.
So if only Amiga Inc is allowed to ship Amiga branded products you would considere new Amigas to be Amigas? If you think Apple is developing every Macintosh components by themselves you are living in a dream world BTW.
> Amiga Inc is moving away from that, there will be no new Amigas, just
> AmigaOS and whatever third party hardware it can run on. Please read what
> Amiga Inc itself says.
Do you think Apple creates their own ATI graphic cards? Do you think they create their own DVD-players, etc? The *classic* Amiga is discontinued, but that doesn't mean we will not see new Amigas.
>> Would you prefer it if Amiga Inc tied their software solely to in-house
>> developed hardware?
> NO! Of course not! It's GOOD that there will be no more Amigas!
You are talking about *classic* Amigas.
> But unfortunately the Amiga Inc. lunatics will remove the advantage that
> AmigaOS and we could have gotten, by applying licensing restrictions to our
> hardware.
No, you will be able to use AmigaOS with any Amiga branded hardware. Solutions may become available for non-Amiga branded alternatives as well, of course taking into account consumer demands, availability of hardware specs by the hardware developer (for optimal performance and support) and profits.
> So in effect it's meaningless that we will FINALLY have "generic" third
> party hardware, AmigaOS is still unnecessarily restricted hardware-wise for
> no good reason whatsoever.
Amiga's terms are alot less strict than for instance Apple. They are very receptive for 3rd party deals.
> WTF???? What have you been smoking? Or did I miss a joke here?
Just because you lack insight and insider information that is not a good reason for insulting people.
> What ARE you BABBLING about?? What the hell does that have to do with what I
> said, that DE/AA has nothing to do with any "Amigas"?
As I have repeatably stated before that the future of AmigaOS and AmigaDE (as Amiga Inc would like to see) are linked. The *classic* Amiga is discontinued just like the classic Mac.
> for OS 4.2/4.5 is now included "already" in OS 4.0. I say that this means
> nothing since OS 4.0 is delayed and to be released at the same time or after
> the time that OS 4.2/4.5 was originally intended to be released
Actually this means alot to the readers as what they thought they would get in an update they will now get in the very first release.
> so in practice nothing has changed.
No, by skipping a step, the move to PPC will IMO happen to be more smoothly. Instead of many updates developers/users will imidiately have access to a more complete native PPC environment.
> No, it's the same board as the "commercial" Teron CX.
Which may never have happened without AmigaOS4.
> It's irrelevant.
Well this is what my sources told me, who are close to MAI. The project wasn't moving because solely Linux for the PPC is a hard sell.
> just because I disagree with this Suite101 article?
You did a direct personal attack on me and I despise people like you for such acts. My main job is being a Physical Therapist, this because I love to help people get their ordinary lifes back. The only reason why I write about Amiga and support promising efforts is because many people within the community like me to do so and because I like many features found originally solely in AmigaOS. I cannot keep everyone happy with what I write, but I will never join a FUD campaign, neither against Amiga Inc, Hyperion or bPlan. That is not in my nature, as I can see that children are to be fed with such commercial projects.
IMO I, many Amiga developers and community leaders never deserved to be publicly insulted or ridiculed for our genuine efforts.
Something for Everyone : Comment 14 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 13:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Don Cox):
> Everything I've seen suggests that the AmigaDE is based on Tao's
> Intent/Elate OS, which is quite different from AmigaOS.
You are correct, but sharing source code and being based on something does not contradict eachother. For instance AROS is sharing source code with MorphOS, but MorphOS is based on the Quark kernel while AROS is not.
Something for Everyone : Comment 15 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 13:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (Mike Bouma):
>IMO I, many Amiga developers and community leaders never deserved to be
>publicly insulted or ridiculed for our genuine efforts.
No you don't. Don't listen to these jackass shit-for-brains who need a quick kick in the balls. Problem is you have to have balls in order to get them kicked...
Something for Everyone : Comment 16 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 13:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Mike Bouma):
Amiga Anywhere and AmigaDE share common APIs and other source code with AmigaOS. Go onto a Microsoft websited and tell those people there, that .Net and WindowsCE have nothing to do with x86 and MSDOS. Believe me they will laugh at you, right in your face! Me too :)
--
AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH! *WHAT!?!?* Who told you that!? He must have
been SERIOUSLY stoned.
Something for Everyone : Comment 17 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 13:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (Mike Bouma):
Just because you lack insight and insider information that is not a good reason for insulting people.
--
Look who's talking.... You know *NOTHING* about AmigaOS... Basically, NOT A
SINGLE function in the AmigaOS API is in "AmigaDE"...
Get serious... Read some books... and then.. come back.
Something for Everyone : Comment 18 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 13:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (MonkeyOS):
What I see you wanking monkey, is that companies like ex-P5, bPlan GmbH, H&P,
Metabox, Hyperion, Elbox etc. lost YEARS of work time and LOT'S of money,
waiting for Amiga Inc. or ANY Amiga Inc. to wake up! Now who's th
Something for Everyone : Comment 19 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 13:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
quack quack
Something for Everyone : Comment 20 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 13:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (MonkeyOS):
Well, you just comfirmed my opinion that you are just a "duck" that doesn't
dare to put his name in the appropriate field...
Something for Everyone : Comment 21 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 17-Sep-2002 13:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (MonkeyOS):
Shouldn't that be Quark! Quark!?
Dammy
Something for Everyone : Comment 22 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 14:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Alkis, the words of people like Ben Hermans and Fleecy Moss mean alot more to me with regard to AmigaOS/AmigaDE development than your insults. It is not your place to judge if AmigaOS will share APIs and other source code with the AmigaDE or not, you are not in that position. Work on Sympan or else you know instead.
Something for Everyone : Comment 23 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 14:02 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Well me and you could have been good friends. Walking on the beach holding hands, or staring off into the sunset... but considering you must LIE and spread FUD in order to make your favorite MOS look good, sorry. you must find love elsewhere.
Something for Everyone : Comment 24 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 14:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (Mike Bouma):
I didn't see ANY of them saying that AmigaDE will use the AmigaOS API...
Any pointers to that?
Something for Everyone : Comment 25 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 14:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 23 (MonkeyOS):
I didn't ever LIE nor spreaded any FUD... WEll only only some about AmigaDE,
but I don't GIVE A FUCK about ADE. Only Mos and OS4 worth a look right now...
Something for Everyone : Comment 26 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 17-Sep-2002 14:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Don Cox):
No, they don't.
Something for Everyone : Comment 27 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 17-Sep-2002 14:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
>Any pointers to that?
Why do you care? Answer YOU DONT!
Since we are talking about pointers... Point me in the direction of the MOS feature list... Oh wait!
Something for Everyone : Comment 28 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 14:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
>Any pointers to that?
Why do you care? Answer YOU DONT!
Since we are talking about pointers... Point me in the direction of the MOS feature list... Oh wait!
Something for Everyone : Comment 29 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 14:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 25 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
>Only Mos and OS4 worth a look right now...
Well that's interesting! Since when are you interested in OS4? Just curious.
Something for Everyone : Comment 30 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 14:08 GMT
In reply to Comment 28 (MonkeyOS):
Want IRC logs? Emails? But no, I won't give you those... Set your brain to wait
mode and wait for products to be released. Over are the days when people got
excited about feature lists... I WANT PRODUCTS! I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT
FEATURE LISTS. I got MorphOS and I use it. Give me OS4 and I'll use it too.
Something for Everyone : Comment 31 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 17-Sep-2002 14:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 29 (MonkeyOS):
Since when? Shows how much you know me...
Something for Everyone : Comment 32 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Denis Troller on 17-Sep-2002 14:19 GMT
**************************** STOP IT ! ****************************
If you want to insult each other, fine. But stop doing it on ANN !!
IF you have a valid point, just explain it. Stop saying "just because you don't know what I know doesn't make it true". Explaining what you know should clear up the point. Period.
I swear I have seen young children that seemed to be 50 years old in comparison with people here.
Now, please, take a breath, get out, and relax.
--
Grunt.
Something for Everyone : Comment 33 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 17-Sep-2002 14:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (Mike Bouma):
Posted by Mike Bouma (62.131.178.212) on 17-Sep-2002 14:59:58
<snip>
> IMO I, many Amiga developers and community leaders never deserved to be
> publicly insulted or ridiculed for our genuine efforts.
Oh, but when you do obvious fluff pieces and dare to consider yourself enlightened by this mear fact, you should be roasted in public. Face it Mike, your doing this to feed your ego and grab sometype of self concieved glory by brown nosing, in a highly public method. You must really find being a PT unfulling, else you wouldn't be selling your soul and respect by having published such buzzword filled tripe.
I truely dispise reading your articles, because I know they are more then likely classic "Bouma" specials that are going to fill me with the urge to deficate. I didn't even have to read your latest whopper, I can see by what is being quoted, you've out done yourself yet again. Such a pity.
Dammy
Something for Everyone : Comment 34 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by treke on 17-Sep-2002 14:22 GMT
Guys, please, if you have nothing to say, don't write personal insults.
Save your fingers and my time. ;-) How will I, a poor proggrammer, come to searching through 100 comments to find some informative ? ;-))) I have a job to do ;-)
re
Something for Everyone : Comment 35 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 15:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 33 (dammy):
@dammy (24.49.26.246)
And what have you done lately? Oh yeah, you used a greased hand on yourself while looking at pictures of Buckero Bill. Real productive.
Get a life.
Better yet, fuck off!
Something for Everyone : Comment 36 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 17-Sep-2002 15:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 35 (MonkeyOS):
Posted by MonkeyOS (209.86.188.45) on 17-Sep-2002 17:07:28
> In Reply to Comment 33:
> @dammy (24.49.26.246)
> And what have you done lately? Oh yeah, you used a greased hand on yourself
> while looking at pictures of Buckero Bill. Real productive.
Oh MonkeyOS, have you failed to understand, yet again, that I really don't care about MorphOS nor HYPEOS4? I see both paths as doomed from the start. PPC is dead, an no amount of fanaticism over will pump life back into it. Mot is FUBARed, plain an simple and nothing is going to change that fact until someone buys out Mot and revamps (ie fire) the entire PPC management team that hires back the good engineers. But of course, a Faithful Follower Of The Name Cult, like yourself, is blind to that fact. You just follow on like a good wind up, brain numbed, toy and march to where your pointed at.
> Get a life.
Pot ... Kettle ... Black.
> Better yet, fuck off!
How typical. Does Fleeced know your using that word? Tsk tsk tsk! No BoingBall cookies for you tonight, young man!
dammy
Something for Everyone : Comment 37 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Frans on 17-Sep-2002 16:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 36 (dammy):
Say Dammy,
you spend a lot of time on ANN for someone who doesn't care for "MorphOS nor HYPEOS4" (Thats Amiga OS 4 to us people that DO care).
Seems to me that instead of ANNoying people that DO care you could go find yourself a hobby or something productive to do...
In other words: If you don't care about these OS's do not join in the discussions about them, find a thread about something you DO care about and add some useful comments to those threads.
Something for Everyone : Comment 38 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Justin Smith on 17-Sep-2002 16:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Don Cox):
>The only exception I know of is that Hyperion are providing a 3D engione for both OSes.
AmigaInput is another example off the top of my head. DataTypes, too. Seems like the DE and AmigaOS will only grow closer over time.
Something for Everyone : Comment 39 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 17-Sep-2002 17:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 37 (Frans):
Posted by Frans (62.234.111.58) on 17-Sep-2002 18:32:27
> Say Dammy,
>
> you spend a lot of time on ANN for someone who doesn't care for "MorphOS nor
> HYPEOS4" (Thats Amiga OS 4 to us people that DO care).
> Seems to me that instead of ANNoying people that DO care you could go find
> yourself a hobby or something productive to do...
If you would take notice (I know, not convient for you to do so), I've stayied out of the technical merrit debates. It's the BS that certain people are pumping out of their orafices that I'm objecting to.
> In other words: If you don't care about these OS's do not join in the
> discussions about them, find a thread about something you DO care about and
> add some useful comments to those threads.
See above.
Dammy
Something for Everyone : Comment 40 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MonkeyOS on 17-Sep-2002 17:36 GMT
In reply to Comment 39 (dammy):
You are a steaming pile of dingo excrement, how about that?
Something for Everyone : Comment 41 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by MIKE on 17-Sep-2002 17:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (Mike Bouma):
Please point out your bias's in Articles you write/post on slashdot/OSnews, say you are a Physical Therapists, not a coder and your ideas/writings are not based on any firsthand knowledge/coding experience other then what you read on Amiga Inc. websites. To say AmigaDE shares the same API's as amigaOS is quite humourous, you might try coding on either system sometime, your lucky Don is such a nice guy, he could of laughed you off the board, after you attempted to "correct" him, on what is common knowledge to all. Articles like these do more harm then anything Amiga Inc. has done in fact, after 5 years of cheerleader type stories coming from Amiga cheerleaders (pretending to be journalist), most people just treat announcements from amiga these days as wild tales of fancy.
Something for Everyone : Comment 42 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Jon on 17-Sep-2002 17:57 GMT
Something for everyone must mean the amount of insults flying here. It's funny how those people like Dammy who doesn't give a fish about Amiga/Peggy, and OTOH, like Alkis, who is going for MOS&OS4 open-minded, get their share from monkey man.. :/
Something for Everyone : Comment 43 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Jon on 17-Sep-2002 18:01 GMT
Something for everyone must mean the amount of insults flying here. It's funny how those people like Dammy who doesn't give a fish about Amiga/Peggy, and OTOH, like Alkis, who is going for MOS&OS4 open-minded, get their share from monkey man.. :/
Something for Everyone : Comment 44 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Jon on 17-Sep-2002 18:05 GMT
Something for everyone must mean the amount of insults flying here. It's funny how those people like Dammy who doesn't give a fish about Amiga/Peggy, and OTOH, like Alkis, who is going for MOS&OS4 open-minded, get their share from monkey man.. :/
Something for Everyone : Comment 45 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Jon on 17-Sep-2002 18:13 GMT
Something for everyone must mean the amount of insults flying here. It's funny how those people like Dammy who doesn't give a fish about Amiga/Peggy, and OTOH, like Alkis, who is going for MOS&OS4 open-minded, get their share from monkey man.. :/
Something for Everyone : Comment 46 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Frans on 17-Sep-2002 18:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 45 (Jon):
Did you have to repeat yourself 4 times to get your point across ? ;-)
Something for Everyone : Comment 47 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Mike Bouma on 17-Sep-2002 18:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 41 (MIKE):
I only said that my main profession is being a Physical Therapist, that does not imply that I'm not a hobbyist "coder" myself. I mostly have firsthand knowledge of the things I write, what would be the point if I hadn't? I have explained how intent works, in great detail, to many professional developers, who had difficulty figuring out how this great technology actually operates.
I have never stated that the initial plain Amiga SDK, which I own, shares source code with AmigaOS. What I said, is that source code is being used and will continue to be shared between AmigaOS and AmigaDE.
Something for Everyone : Comment 48 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Jon on 17-Sep-2002 18:23 GMT
Sorry, problems with connection :)
Something for Everyone : Comment 49 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 17-Sep-2002 18:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 16 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
Another good example of a post with no information, only personal opinions expressed as fact from someone who couldnt possibly have a clue about what hes talking.
Something for Everyone : Comment 50 of 90ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 17-Sep-2002 18:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Alkis Tsapanidis):
I know you can bring arguments alkis, but in this thread youre only flaming and trolling, personal insults and zero information ... eg an asshole.
Anonymous, there are 90 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 90]
Back to Top