07-Jul-2020 11:32 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 114 items in your selection (but only 14 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 114]
[News] The M-day has come!ANN.lu
Posted on 04-Oct-2002 13:57 GMT by Alkis Tsapanidis114 comments
View flat
View list
Phase II Team Betatester and Betatester II, Frankfurt:

The Betatester Program has been very successful and we need to
acknowledge the reliable support we have received from most of our
Betatesters for the Pegasos and MorphOS. Thanks!
If you are a Core MorphOS Developer, a Qualified Betatester, or a
Phase II Betatester (to be explained) we will organize and cover
your travel and lodging expenses to the Betatester II Conference
in Frankfurt, Germany. The Conference is currently scheduled for 12 October.
We understand that we need to push the date back so that plans can
be made and we can maximize the opportunity to make this
gathering as meaningful and productive as possible.
The new date will be 14-15 December at the Hilton Hotel, Frankfurt.

Get ready! M-Day is here!
1. On 12 October version 1.0 of MorphOS will be released to all Betatesters.
2. The week of 13 October the Pegasos Betatester mainboard will be released to Resellers. It is STILL a "Betatester."
3. On 12 October Phase II of Team Betatester will begin.


About the Betatester II Conference
If you are Core MorphOS Developer you are automatically included.
If you are a "qualified" Betatester (you have been sending your bug
reports, testing applications, etc.) you are included.
If you purchase a Betatester in October and port an application or
develop an original program for MorphOS to demonstrate at
Betatester II you are *eligible* to be included.
If you have an interesting hardware development or special hardware
skills required to test and experiment with the Pegasos
you are *eligible* for Phase II of the Betatester Program
and can be included.

If you are a Graphic Artist, a Demo Scene producer, or a Web
Designer and you have something to show us that captures the spirit
of the future we want to create with Team Betatester, you are
*eligible* and can be included.
The websites to be created are www.pegasosppc.com and www.pegasosppc.org.

We will provide travel and lodging for up to 100 Developers/Betatesters.
To register and be considered you must email your full contact
information to betatester@thendic-france.com before 20 October.

After 14 October Betatester machines can be purchased from these
known distributors/resellers:

Master Distributors:
Germany http://www.vesalia.de
France http://www.aps.fr

Resellers:

France http://www.pegasos-france.com
Germany http://www.kdh-shop24.de
Spain http://www.amigasuperbit.com
Italy http://www.virtualworks.it
Holland http://www.compcity.nl
Poland http://efunzine.pegasos.pl/
Sweden http://www.ggsdata.se
Suisse http://www.pegasos-suisse.com
Denmark http://www.kiwimultimedia.dk
Austria http://www.pointdesign.at/

USA and Canada details coming soon!

Also at Betatester II...
<BR< We will present the strategic plan for MorphOS, the Pegasos and the eclipsis.

We will present the first peripheral devices: a wireless camera, a
smart card reader, and the DataPlay disc drive. They will all work
with the Pegasos and depending on what activity each Betatester
is involved with in the future these devices will be given
to Betatesters for testing/development. All Betatesters
will receive the Thendic card reader and a Betatester
Smart Card that enables secure FTP access to the Betatester II
application library and loyalty program.

We will also award 1000 Euros for the best program ported to
MorphOS, the best Demo, and the best hardware innovation presented
at the Conference. The results will be determined by a popular vote
of the 100 Developers/Betatesters present and the Thendic/bplan
Team. Each person has one vote.

The Conference begins at 1000 14 December. The formal presentations
begin at 1500 and end at 1800. From 1000 to 1800 only
Developers/Betatesters and the Thendic/bplan Team will be admitted.
At 1800 until 2400 the Conference will be open to all interested
parties and a buffet style "working" dinner will be provided
with coffee and drinks. All others admitted for the evening
demonstration from will receive a Betatester II T-Shirt.
The cost of entry for interested parties is 20 Euros.
However, anyone having purchased a Betatester and not already
a Conference participant will be admitted free.
Sunday, 15 December the Conference will be open from 1000 until
1500. The voting for the contests will be at 1200. The cost of entry
for interested parties is 20 Euros. A buffet lunch will be
served and coffee and drinks will be provided. Again, anyone having
purchased a Betatester and not already a Conference participant
will be admitted free.
The M-day has come! : Comment 101 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 09:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 96 (Doesn't matter...):
> Listen I don't hate Amiga Inc. I'm just saying that they're not doing
> anything for the Amiga, the AmigaOne or Os4, they're just renting the brand
> and they're very oportunistic, Shall I remember you AGAIN that the new Amiga > is being made with other people's money and work.
Shall i remember you again that you are ignorant? Of laws and of businesses that is. Most stuff is made with "other" peoples money and work. The point is, that it *is* Amiga continued by Amiga people. AND the two development crews are working together in various aspects which was stated on several occasions.
> Amiga inc is wasting their resources in that "not going anywere already dead" > virtual platform instead of putting their money where there are some
> posibilities to success as a niche market and yes this market is the Amiga.
That is your opinion. It need not be true and as far as Im concerned it is not.
> What is Amiga inc going to do with their DE when m$ extends it's .NET
> tentacles... what??? maybe sit down and get some revenues from someone's
> else's work from brand renting I will like to see that Eyetech and Hyperion
> had so much sucess with Aone/Os4 that make them able to buy the brand.
MS will not cover all systems to the same level, they would kill themselves this way (eg no reason to use windows anymore). If you really want a niche system that is going nowhere then morphos is just right for you. Go ahead.
The M-day has come! : Comment 102 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 09:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 97 (Eva):
> Well I see it running everyday and I use Morphos enstead that AmigaOS simply > because it's faster and It's not an emulator lol
Try using logic for once. How can Morphos be "faster" when AmigaOS 4 is not released? How can the fact that you have a betatest machine change the scheduled betatester meeting in december? Either its released after that meeting or thendic doesnt care what they say; lose lose situation here.
Also you didnt seem to understand me. Morphos is not an emulator but uses an integrated Amiga emulator. This is why the equation "some new os + uae =^= morphos" is true.
> AmigaOS4 yes , it's a pure emulator. They showed at Pianeta Amiga all 68k
> sftware, including also Intuition that run under emulation in OS4
> actually ... can ya figure an OS with the gui routines that run emulated? In > the other hand Cybergraphx 5 is completly PPC native and you have to take a
> look at it to see how it is FAST.
Another thing you didnt quite understand. Even if 90% percent of the next AmigaOS were emulated it WOULD NOT be an AMIGA emulator, it would be an 680X0 emulator. For the record, all crucial parts will run native which you would know if you could read and understand the various press releases and discussions. Morphos otoh must be (in part) an Amiga emulator. Either that or they did illegally use source code.
> If you don't know what ya speacking about yu will easly figure like an
> ignorant.
I couldnt agree more with you on that one.
The M-day has come! : Comment 103 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Me again... on 08-Oct-2002 10:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 101 (Anonymous):
>Shall i remember you again that you are ignorant? Of laws and of businesses that
>is. Most stuff is made with "other" peoples money and work. The point is, that
>it *is* Amiga continued by Amiga people. AND the two development crews are
>working together in various aspects which was stated on several occasions.
Shall I remember you that calling people ignorant is a form of insult and doesn't add any value to your statements.
You are missing completely the point at all.
Fact: Amiga inc publicly said that they didn't wanted to do AmigaOS
Fact: Amiga inc is not doing AmigaOS
Fact: Eyetech and Hyperion are doing Harware and Software
Fact: Amiga inc is allowing them to name that product Amiga.
Fact: Hyperion and Eyetech needs as much support as they can get.
Fact: Amiga inc is wasting money and time in an already oversaturated and dominated by SUN/M$ VM market...
Fact: where are all of those system running the myriad of DE software that Amiga ing was Hyping???? (My PDA stills run PalmOS, my Apps are Win32 native ansd some are still JAVA, and there's also a .NET app in the office! and my Sony phone is M$ powered...)
But wait I'm an ignorant who states things that are publictly know! what a foul! what a shame! I refuse to see reallity!
Come on man say something different! M$ already owns everything if not what 92% of the Personal computers in the planet mean to you????
The M-day has come! : Comment 104 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 11:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 103 (Me again...):
>>Shall i remember you again that you are ignorant? Of laws and of businesses that
>>is. Most stuff is made with "other" peoples money and work. The point is, that
>>it *is* Amiga continued by Amiga people. AND the two development crews are
>>working together in various aspects which was stated on several occasions.
>Shall I remember you that calling people ignorant is a form of insult and >doesn't add any value to your statements.
He (you? dont know) showed clearly lacking knowledge how businesses and laws work. Whats the correct term for this if it isnt 'ignorant'?
> You are missing completely the point at all.
Oh am I?
> Fact: Amiga inc publicly said that they didn't wanted to do AmigaOS
They did. They changed their opinion. You never do that ofcourse.
> Fact: Amiga inc is not doing AmigaOS
With own personal you mean. I didnt claim that either.
> Fact: Eyetech and Hyperion are doing Harware and Software
Which are by my best knowledge Amiga people (not Amiga Inc.). Exactly what I said.
> Fact: Amiga inc is allowing them to name that product Amiga.
Not quite right. The product is, was and will be AmigaOS. Ofcourse its named AmigaOS. Amiga Inc is granting them the rights to whatever is Amiga IP is necessary.
> Fact: Hyperion and Eyetech needs as much support as they can get.
So? Isnt that obvious?
> Fact: Amiga inc is wasting money and time in an already oversaturated and
> dominated by SUN/M$ VM market...
Thats BS. If they hadnt a promising plan like they do there would be no money to spend anywhere. The PC market itself is oversaturated, so why didnt we stop using Amigas long ago? Because we believe there must be something better possible.
> Fact: where are all of those system running the myriad of DE software that
> Amiga ing was Hyping???? (My PDA stills run PalmOS, my Apps are Win32 native
> ansd some are still JAVA, and there's also a .NET app in the office! and my
> Sony phone is M$ powered...)
It was clear from the start that this development will take time.
> But wait I'm an ignorant who states things that are publictly know! what a
> foul! what a shame! I refuse to see reallity!
Ummm. Ok.
> Come on man say something different! M$ already owns everything if not what
> 92% of the Personal computers in the planet mean to you????
So your point is? Drop anything not owned by MS? Why then develop even another flop OS?
I wonder why you even posted? You didnt defeat the one point in my post, you didnt even argue with it.
The M-day has come! : Comment 105 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by pixie on 08-Oct-2002 11:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 91 (Whatever...):
It has their blessing because they were the ones to actually buy it... It's this simple
The M-day has come! : Comment 106 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by pixie on 08-Oct-2002 11:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 103 (Me again...):
"Fact: Amiga inc publicly said that they didn't wanted to do AmigaOS"
One year ago we were living in another TIs world so it's only natural that their plans had to evolve...
"Fact: Amiga inc is not doing AmigaOS"
Got that one straight, it's hyperion alright!
"Fact: Eyetech and Hyperion are doing Harware and Software"
Amiga wasn't going to make Hardware from the day one...
"Fact: Amiga inc is allowing them to name that product Amiga."
And the point being!???
"Fact: Hyperion and Eyetech needs as much support as they can get."
Amiga has given Hyperion the AmigaOS Sources
"Fact: Amiga inc is wasting money and time in an already oversaturated and dominated by SUN/M$ VM market...
Fact: where are all of those system running the myriad of DE software that Amiga ing was Hyping???? (My PDA stills run PalmOS, my Apps are Win32 native ansd some are still JAVA, and there's also a .NET app in the office! and my Sony phone is M$ powered...)"
I don't even know why we should use any other OS besides Windows...
pixie-writing from a paradise called Portugal!
The M-day has come! : Comment 107 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 14:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 94 (Keith Blakemore-Noble):
K B-N demonstrated amply how easy it is for him to lose his temper:
"Oh no, I'm being savaged by someone so sure of their "facts" that they are too scared to even identify themselves. How will I cope?! "
"Being savaged by anonymous" used twice Keith, you _are_ lacking originality today. If you
think there is legal precendence to support your "assertions" then please go ahead
and demonstrate by reference. For someone for whom the burden of proof for others
is normally so high I am sure that you will be able to oblige.
Lets give you a case study:
If someone said to me "Keith spent some time in the clink" and I repeated this to
another rather than said "person X alleges that Keith spent some time in the clink"
Which is the libel, the slander and mere reporting? Which would be subject to
legal action?
You see I suspect ( yes I admit it is just speculation ) that you have got a pound
of flesh in all this and you take any reporting of Fleecy and Ben Hermans allegations
as personal. Evidence being exactly how upset you get every time it is mentioned.
What is the pound of flesh? Probably nothing more or less than you taking sides
against Amiga Inc all those years ago and being unable to see life any other way.
So sad.
The M-day has come! : Comment 108 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 22:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 102 (Anonymous):
>Morphos is not an emulator but uses an integrated Amiga emulator.
>This is why the equation "some new os + uae =^= morphos" is true.
No, it goes like this "MorphOS + UAEMorphOS with Amiga emulator".
>Morphos otoh must be (in part) an Amiga emulator. Either that or
>they did illegally use source code.
Watch your mouth!
The M-day has come! : Comment 109 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 08-Oct-2002 22:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 106 (pixie):
>Amiga has given Hyperion the AmigaOS Sources
Only thanks to Barthel's hobby work over the years they are now in C and usable iirc.
The M-day has come! : Comment 110 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 09-Oct-2002 16:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 108 (Anonymous):
>>Morphos is not an emulator but uses an integrated Amiga emulator.
>>This is why the equation "some new os + uae =^= morphos" is true.
>>
>>Morphos otoh must be (in part) an Amiga emulator. Either that or
>>they did illegally use source code.
>Watch your mouth!
LOL. There arent more than these 2 possibilities. So either my assumption is correct or the morphos people are in legal trouble.
The M-day has come! : Comment 111 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Alkis Tsapanidis on 09-Oct-2002 19:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 110 (Anonymous):
There's one more possibility.
You did never read the AmigaOS documentation, the RKMs, the autodocs,
the Dr Rupprecht books etc... And you've been in a room for so long that
you don't know about the existance of AROS and you don't know that AROS
libs can easily replace AmigaOS ones with minor mods.
The M-day has come! : Comment 112 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by pixie on 10-Oct-2002 10:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 109 (Anonymous):
Bartel is in AOS4 project isn't it!????
The M-day has come! : Comment 113 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by mahen on 11-Oct-2002 06:45 GMT
In reply to Comment 103 (Me again...):
Maybe I'm the only one, but I totally agree with you.
I want the company "leading" the evolution of the amiga
platform to be made of amigans, of people who understand what
the amiga is, of people who contribute to it...
I don't want it to be made of business-men who just want to get
the most out of the IP they made but don't care a f*** about
it in reality.
The M-day has come! : Comment 114 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by mahen on 11-Oct-2002 06:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 113 (mahen):
about the IP they bought I meant ;)
... but I'm not in any way critizising (spelling ?) OS4,
nor the ones really developing it. -> I wish it BELONGED
Anonymous, there are 114 items in your selection (but only 14 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 114]
Back to Top