07-Jul-2020 11:25 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 114 items in your selection (but only 64 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 114]
[News] The M-day has come!ANN.lu
Posted on 04-Oct-2002 13:57 GMT by Alkis Tsapanidis114 comments
View flat
View list
Phase II Team Betatester and Betatester II, Frankfurt:

The Betatester Program has been very successful and we need to
acknowledge the reliable support we have received from most of our
Betatesters for the Pegasos and MorphOS. Thanks!
If you are a Core MorphOS Developer, a Qualified Betatester, or a
Phase II Betatester (to be explained) we will organize and cover
your travel and lodging expenses to the Betatester II Conference
in Frankfurt, Germany. The Conference is currently scheduled for 12 October.
We understand that we need to push the date back so that plans can
be made and we can maximize the opportunity to make this
gathering as meaningful and productive as possible.
The new date will be 14-15 December at the Hilton Hotel, Frankfurt.

Get ready! M-Day is here!
1. On 12 October version 1.0 of MorphOS will be released to all Betatesters.
2. The week of 13 October the Pegasos Betatester mainboard will be released to Resellers. It is STILL a "Betatester."
3. On 12 October Phase II of Team Betatester will begin.


About the Betatester II Conference
If you are Core MorphOS Developer you are automatically included.
If you are a "qualified" Betatester (you have been sending your bug
reports, testing applications, etc.) you are included.
If you purchase a Betatester in October and port an application or
develop an original program for MorphOS to demonstrate at
Betatester II you are *eligible* to be included.
If you have an interesting hardware development or special hardware
skills required to test and experiment with the Pegasos
you are *eligible* for Phase II of the Betatester Program
and can be included.

If you are a Graphic Artist, a Demo Scene producer, or a Web
Designer and you have something to show us that captures the spirit
of the future we want to create with Team Betatester, you are
*eligible* and can be included.
The websites to be created are www.pegasosppc.com and www.pegasosppc.org.

We will provide travel and lodging for up to 100 Developers/Betatesters.
To register and be considered you must email your full contact
information to betatester@thendic-france.com before 20 October.

After 14 October Betatester machines can be purchased from these
known distributors/resellers:

Master Distributors:
Germany http://www.vesalia.de
France http://www.aps.fr

Resellers:

France http://www.pegasos-france.com
Germany http://www.kdh-shop24.de
Spain http://www.amigasuperbit.com
Italy http://www.virtualworks.it
Holland http://www.compcity.nl
Poland http://efunzine.pegasos.pl/
Sweden http://www.ggsdata.se
Suisse http://www.pegasos-suisse.com
Denmark http://www.kiwimultimedia.dk
Austria http://www.pointdesign.at/

USA and Canada details coming soon!

Also at Betatester II...
<BR< We will present the strategic plan for MorphOS, the Pegasos and the eclipsis.

We will present the first peripheral devices: a wireless camera, a
smart card reader, and the DataPlay disc drive. They will all work
with the Pegasos and depending on what activity each Betatester
is involved with in the future these devices will be given
to Betatesters for testing/development. All Betatesters
will receive the Thendic card reader and a Betatester
Smart Card that enables secure FTP access to the Betatester II
application library and loyalty program.

We will also award 1000 Euros for the best program ported to
MorphOS, the best Demo, and the best hardware innovation presented
at the Conference. The results will be determined by a popular vote
of the 100 Developers/Betatesters present and the Thendic/bplan
Team. Each person has one vote.

The Conference begins at 1000 14 December. The formal presentations
begin at 1500 and end at 1800. From 1000 to 1800 only
Developers/Betatesters and the Thendic/bplan Team will be admitted.
At 1800 until 2400 the Conference will be open to all interested
parties and a buffet style "working" dinner will be provided
with coffee and drinks. All others admitted for the evening
demonstration from will receive a Betatester II T-Shirt.
The cost of entry for interested parties is 20 Euros.
However, anyone having purchased a Betatester and not already
a Conference participant will be admitted free.
Sunday, 15 December the Conference will be open from 1000 until
1500. The voting for the contests will be at 1200. The cost of entry
for interested parties is 20 Euros. A buffet lunch will be
served and coffee and drinks will be provided. Again, anyone having
purchased a Betatester and not already a Conference participant
will be admitted free.
The M-day has come! : Comment 51 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by tarbos on 05-Oct-2002 17:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (Anonymous):
>It's a free world ( almost ) and editors can pick and choose what they put
>in their magazines.
Right...but the magazine is called Total Amiga and not Total AmigaInc! ;-D
>No one is stopping anyone from starting up a not for profit "Total MorphOS"
>or "Total Amiga Ripoff" or "Total sh**t" magazine.
This is so unnecessary, really. :-\
>Let another slipping delivery timeline. Yet another non production version
>of MorphOS, yet another slipped M-Day and yet another load of rubbish.
What do you want? Pegasos will be available from dealers very soon (less than
"two weeks" I hope) and there will be a MorphOS 1.0, right?
>Wake the rest of up when there is something FINAL for the END USER that can
>BE BOUGHT OFF THE SHELF.
There is - just wait and see.
Complete systems starting at 799 Euro! :-)
The M-day has come! : Comment 52 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by m0ns00n on 05-Oct-2002 18:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 51 (tarbos):
Give it up already. The sheep lacks a herder, and obviously goes berserk because of it. Just WAIT till the products are available, and stop commenting on ANN. Oups. I commented. Darn. I must be part of the group now. But I couldn't resist! This is just so stupid!
/me inserts ANNposting anti-serum
The M-day has come! : Comment 53 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by alan buxey on 06-Oct-2002 09:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (Mikey C):
Mike C - thanks for typing a clear view of Total Amigas position.
but exactly WHAT was wrong with my comment (comment no.4 ) that
you dissed me for?
Thendic do have an interesting marketing ploy/plan , and UK was at LEAST the
2nd largest Amiga market in UK (if not the biggest...i cant recall how many
years Germany lead)
alan
The M-day has come! : Comment 54 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett on 06-Oct-2002 09:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 53 (alan buxey):
@Alan
> but exactly WHAT was wrong with my comment (comment no.4 )
Don't take it personally. I think Mikey was referring to comment no.6 (which in turn was a reply to comment no. 4), so he probably just made a mistake with his references.
The M-day has come! : Comment 55 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Mikey C on 06-Oct-2002 09:33 GMT
In reply to Comment 54 (Bill Hoggett):
Sorry Alan, I did mean comment No.6 - Duh!
Mikey C
The M-day has come! : Comment 56 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 06-Oct-2002 10:26 GMT
"All Betatesters will receive the Thendic card reader and a Betatester
Smart Card that enables secure FTP access to the Betatester II
application library.."
Just noticed that ... and its total crap , you can't have secure FTP access .. smart card or no smart card.
If they said SCP and/Or SSH it could be taken seriously but as it stands thats bollox.
The M-day has come! : Comment 57 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 06-Oct-2002 10:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 52 (m0ns00n):
If you *are* a sheep then you *will* need a herder. The rest of us just consider ourselves
consumers not part of some semi religious cult.
The M-day has come! : Comment 58 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 06-Oct-2002 10:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 52 (m0ns00n):
If you *are* a sheep then you *will* need a herder. The rest of us just consider ourselves
consumers not part of some semi religious cult.
The M-day has come! : Comment 59 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 06-Oct-2002 10:49 GMT
"The Conference is currently scheduled for 12 October.
We understand that we need to push the date back so that plans can
be made and we can maximize the opportunity to make this
gathering as meaningful and productive as possible."
Meaning oops! It isnt ready "for public showing", can you give us a few months yet?
" The new date will be 14-15 December at the Hilton Hotel, Frankfurt. "
Slippage.
" Get ready! M-Day is here!
1. On 12 October version 1.0 of MorphOS will be released to all Betatesters. "
Beta.
"2. The week of 13 October the Pegasos Betatester mainboard will be released to Resellers. It is STILL a "Betatester." "
Beta. Amusing, if its in beta - it has bugs. So much for the "Pegasos does not have
any bugs" being made on here some months back.
"3. On 12 October Phase II of Team Betatester will begin. "
Beta.
And Beta != production ready != consumer release.
Now if this was Amiga Inc I would say it is because they are running out of money and
are looking for presales to keep it afloat until the slipped date. Oh and did you know
I called Amiga Inc today 0900 my time and no one picked up - they must have gone bankrupt.
But of course its not, so no such claims are made, very little flame "told you so" is
made and yet another opportunity for the Amiga Market spit roast a-la ANN passes
us by for MorphOS.
The M-day has come! : Comment 60 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Slippy on 06-Oct-2002 11:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 59 (Anonymous):
>Now if this was Amiga Inc I would say it is because they are running out of
>money and are looking for presales to keep it afloat until the slipped
>date.
But you do know that production runs of hadware cost money? Money you have to have at hand so you can buy parts and stuff.
The logic of you people is quite funny at times.
The M-day has come! : Comment 61 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Ken Heslip on 06-Oct-2002 11:45 GMT
In reply to Comment 52 (m0ns00n):
>/me inserts ANNposting anti-serum
lol Is that analy ingested? If so, alot of people will be putting it in their mouths! ;)
If any Amiga-MorphOS connection exists, it's because Amiga source code was illegally looked at(allegedly). It's like saying that a cat is a mouse because it has a tail.
But then that's all in my own provocative opinion. ;)
The M-day has come! : Comment 62 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 06-Oct-2002 11:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 61 (Ken Heslip):
Of course you would continue to use your aging hardware if there was only MOS and AInc would have let lose of "classic" Amiga like they originally planned.
I found it rather strange how people are beating the guys who led their future for quite some time after C= went down and who are now going a step further in bringing a true successor that is in the spirit of what amiga was once.
I wonder where the community went that once was so great and unique and where I enjoyed coding just for the fun of it. Coding for he OS I love now means making programs for people who don't deserve to actually get any new stuff, because those people are responsible for all those splitting and negative energy brought up the last month/years.
The M-day has come! : Comment 63 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by elektro on 06-Oct-2002 13:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 62 (Anonymous):
and what exactly is the 'amiga spirit'?
The M-day has come! : Comment 64 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Keith Blakemore-Noble on 06-Oct-2002 13:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 61 (Ken Heslip):
"If any Amiga-MorphOS connection exists, it's because Amiga source code was illegally looked at(allegedly)."
So you are willing to testify to that in a court of law, right?
Oh, by the way, you do realise that simply adding the word "allegedly" after a statement does NOT absolve you from libel.
So, where's your proof of this claim which you are making? Or do you just like regurgitating libel because you are incapable of thinking for yourself?
*sigh*
I really do wish that certain idiot "supporters" on BOTH sides woudl either grow up or just sod off.
The M-day has come! : Comment 65 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by what? on 06-Oct-2002 13:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 63 (elektro):
Oh shut up!
The M-day has come! : Comment 66 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by when? on 06-Oct-2002 13:33 GMT
In reply to Comment 64 (Keith Blakemore-Noble):
You're right, there are stupids in both sides, but believe me they're a minority, very noisy, and that's the problem they're very noisy.
I also think that some people is flaming for the sake of flaming, I'm starting to think that most of the people here is saying things just to start a row and make fun of it. I found most of the stupid comments too stupid to be real thinking.
The M-day has come! : Comment 67 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by elektro on 06-Oct-2002 13:34 GMT
In reply to Comment 65 (what?):
ahehehe bad day?
The M-day has come! : Comment 68 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Robert Williams on 06-Oct-2002 14:00 GMT
I'm a bit late to this party but I thought I should give my opinion as editor of Total Amiga.
Firstly we are not anti-MorphOS or any other Amiga related product. As has been pointed out we did have a fairly substantial article about the MorphOS public beta when it was released (the magazine was called "Clubbed" at that time) and over the last few issues we have mentioned MorphOS related news items such as Motion Studio and Papyrus Office. We have also reported on the status of the Pegasos several times. We are equally open to other products that seem to be controversial such as x86 based emulators, in fact this was our cover feature for issue 11.
The reason we haven't published more MorphOS news in the last couple of issues is that no concrete information was made public while these issues were being written. We don't have a MorphOS "insider" to give us additional information that is not in the public domain.
As it happens I am planning a "MorphOS/Pegasos Update" feature for issue 13 (which will be out at the end of the month) because there has been a lot of news (although perhaps still not many concrete facts) over the last couple of months. If anyone has any information or comments on what they would like to see included in this feature please get in touch.
Finally if anyone is interested in writing for Total Amiga on any topic then please contact me, this would include a column from someone at Thendic or bplan if they so wished.
On a personal note I have been interested in MorphOS since it has been released and I have a lot of respect for Ralph Schmidt and Frank Mariak (mainly because I use products they have helped realise on a daily basis). If MorphOS is released for my CyberStormPPC I will buy a copy.
The M-day has come! : Comment 69 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by KenH on 06-Oct-2002 15:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 64 (Keith Blakemore-Noble):
"Oh, by the way, you do realise that simply adding the word "allegedly" after a statement does NOT absolve you from libel."
It does in my country.
"So, where's your proof of this claim which you are making? Or do you just like regurgitating libel because you are incapable of thinking for yourself?"
No, Just perpetuating a current rumour. It's a Community tradition didn't you know.....and that most certainly includes MorphOS supporters.
"I really do wish that certain idiot "supporters" on BOTH sides woudl either grow up or just sod off."
Oh go and get a sense of humour.
The M-day has come! : Comment 70 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Janne Sirén on 06-Oct-2002 18:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 68 (Robert Williams):
>I'm a bit late to this party but I thought I should give my opinion as editor
>of Total Amiga.
Robert, that is very good to hear. I find your approach a very welcome one. Thank you and good luck with your magazine.
The M-day has come! : Comment 71 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 06-Oct-2002 20:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 51 (tarbos):
Why cant people just stop claiming Morphos is an Amiga? At best it has some of its feel and an emulator - you get the same with uae.
The M-day has come! : Comment 72 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by AUIW on 06-Oct-2002 20:20 GMT
NEWS FLASH:
"Windows Magazine" to start featuring articles on Lindows!...
...when hell freezes over.
The M-day has come! : Comment 73 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by elektro on 06-Oct-2002 21:02 GMT
In reply to Comment 71 (Anonymous):
It's not only not an amiga it's also its greatest competition atm and mentioning mos in amiga magazines almost resembles mac reviews in pc mags (or vice versa).
The M-day has come! : Comment 74 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 06:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 60 (Slippy):
> But you do know that production runs of hadware cost money? Money you have to > have at hand so you can buy parts and stuff.
> The logic of you people is quite funny at times.
And how does this disagree with what you quoted?
Would be funny to see you people using logic for once.
The M-day has come! : Comment 75 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 06:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 69 (KenH):
> "Oh, by the way, you do realise that simply adding the word "allegedly" after a statement does NOT absolve you from libel."
> It does in my country.
It does because you are reporting the allegation, not making the allegation yourself. It is a standard mechanism used by the media as advised by lawyers but then lawyers know less than ANN readers apparently.
> "So, where's your proof of this claim which you are making? Or do you just like regurgitating libel because you are incapable of thinking for yourself?"
> No, Just perpetuating a current rumour. It's a Community tradition didn't you knw.....and that most certainly includes MorphOS supporters.
And besides you didnt make the claim, you reported the allegation.
> "I really do wish that certain idiot "supporters" on BOTH sides woudl either grow up or just sod off."
>Oh go and get a sense of humour.
But he does mean himself clearly here. Keith has not been able to achieve a sense of humour for years, it would take much more than being told to get one; it would require surgery.
The M-day has come! : Comment 76 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 06:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 50 (Frodon):
The comment in question was number 15 ...
> nslookup 217.5.97.71
>
> Name: cw07.EF1.srv.t-online.de
> Address: 217.5.97.71
The M-day has come! : Comment 77 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 06:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 76 (Anonymous):
Ummm, forget it :)
The M-day has come! : Comment 78 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 06:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 73 (elektro):
"It's not only not an amiga it's also its greatest competition atm and mentioning mos in amiga magazines almost resembles mac reviews in pc mags (or vice versa)."
The Amiga's greatest competition is anything that sells for the $400 price point, has more than a smidgeon of software available and a more pleasant helpful community than it has.
Man, its f*cked. MorphOS isn't even on the radar.
The M-day has come! : Comment 79 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by elektro on 07-Oct-2002 06:25 GMT
In reply to Comment 78 (Anonymous):
I guess this is called fuzzy logic...
The M-day has come! : Comment 80 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Buspar on 07-Oct-2002 06:53 GMT
In reply to Comment 71 (Anonymous):
"Why cant people just stop claiming Morphos is an Amiga? At best it has some of its feel and an emulator - you get the same with uae."
...Which is also an Amiga.
The M-day has come! : Comment 81 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 07:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 80 (Buspar):
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its a duck?
So, if I had a 3d animated "duck" model and a sample of a duck going "quack" would that make the model a duck or a model?
And if one man gets clap in the forest and theres no one about can anyone hear him scream?
The M-day has come! : Comment 82 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by anarchic_teapot on 07-Oct-2002 07:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 81 (Anonymous):
"And if one man gets clap in the forest and theres no one about can anyone hear him scream?"
Best thing that's been written in this thread so far. That's sig material, that is.
The M-day has come! : Comment 83 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Why? on 07-Oct-2002 08:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 80 (Buspar):
True, MorphOS is not a Duck, it just can change it's color to resemble a Duck, and also can imitate the sound a Duck makes.
But you are true it is not a Duck, actually nobody said it is a Duck or want to be one, it want to be something better that also offers classic Duck compatability.
The M-day has come! : Comment 84 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 09:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 83 (Why?):
OK so its not a duck, its a butterfly/moth that can run like an OLD duck and cannot operate like the modern ( yet to be born ) duck.
No wonder most people opt for the Pengiun.
The M-day has come! : Comment 85 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 11:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 80 (Buspar):
Excuse me? What does the 'E' in UAE stand for again?
The M-day has come! : Comment 86 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by samface on 07-Oct-2002 11:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (anon):
LOL! Let's see if I got this right:
Since Amithlon is illegal, I should buy the reverse engineered and possibly even based on stolen source code MorphOS?
Let's put it like this; if you're worried about legal issues, I'd prefer Amithlon over MorphOS any day. The formerly called "Amithlon" has their legal issues set straight with blessings from Amiga Inc. themselves while MorphOS has without any doubts what so ever a *questionable* legal status.
The M-day has come! : Comment 87 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by mahen on 07-Oct-2002 11:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 71 (Anonymous):
That's sheer ignorance (no offense). Why not
stop fighting with each other and wait for sth
to be released ? (10.13)
The M-day has come! : Comment 88 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by o1i on 07-Oct-2002 13:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 56 (cOrpse):
> Just noticed that ... and its total crap , you can't have secure FTP access ..
> smart card or no smart card.
You can
- calculate a secure ftp one time password with the help of a smart card and
- encrypt all files on the ftp server and decrypt them after transfer with the
card
..
This isn't secure ftp, but it's secure ftp access, so maybe it's not *total* crap ;).
The M-day has come! : Comment 89 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Eva on 07-Oct-2002 13:18 GMT
Cool :D
A flame for a betatest meeting. MorphOS and Pegasos are really a seroius prob for Hyperion and AmigaInc fans :)
Anyway I will be at party and I hope to see new software ports and optimization of the present one (V3 is astonishing on Pegasos but still toooo bugged).
And, yes, I'm too tired to see this fracture between the two competitors, also bacause only Morphos and Pegasos are near release.
Bye
The M-day has come! : Comment 90 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 13:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 86 (samface):
>Since Amithlon is illegal, I should buy the reverse engineered and possibly even based on stolen source code MorphOS?
You should return your stolen brain!
>The formerly called "Amithlon" has their legal issues set straight with blessings from Amiga Inc. themselves
LOL
The M-day has come! : Comment 91 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Whatever... on 07-Oct-2002 16:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 86 (samface):
Here comes mister blesings...
Look I don't understand why you forgot that your beloved Amiga Inc didn't wanted to create a new AmigaOS version not so long ago.
The blessing from Amiga Inc values '0' Z-E-R-O they're not the ones doing OS4, it is an Eyetech + Hyperion project/product. Amiga Inc just sits and wait for the money to come. Blessings... you've lost your last working neurone.
The M-day has come! : Comment 92 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 07-Oct-2002 19:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 89 (Eva):
> And, yes, I'm too tired to see this fracture between the two competitors,
> also bacause only Morphos and Pegasos are near release.
Near release with a betatester conference in mid december? Oh well only 2,5 months ... Oh wait, its another surprise like the non-existing features, isnt it?
Anyway its not like i care much about yet another emulator but you guys are just too funny :)
The M-day has come! : Comment 93 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 19:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 91 (Whatever...):
> Look I don't understand why you forgot that your beloved Amiga Inc didn't
> wanted to create a new AmigaOS version not so long ago.
Unpopular decision, they didnt have the resources to do it themselves. Luckily a group of dedicated developers were able to join up and continue AmigaOS with official blessings, legal oks and synergies between the two products (OS&DE).
> The blessing from Amiga Inc values '0' Z-E-R-O they're not the ones doing
> OS4, it is an Eyetech + Hyperion project/product. Amiga Inc just sits and
> wait for the money to come. Blessings... you've lost your last working
> neurone.
Excuse me? Is that a statement of someone with Z-E-R-O knowledge of laws or is it just an expression of your hate towards the current owners?
The M-day has come! : Comment 94 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Keith Blakemore-Noble on 07-Oct-2002 19:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 75 (Anonymous):
Oh no, I'm being savaged by someone so sure of their "facts" that they are too scared to even identify themselves. How will I cope?!
Somehow I expect I shall survive.
"> "Oh, by the way, you do realise that simply adding the word "allegedly" after a statement does NOT absolve you from libel."
> It does in my country.
It does because you are reporting the allegation, not making the allegation yourself. It is a standard mechanism used by the media as advised by lawyers "
Yeah, right! Only, I'm afraid, you are wrong there. Simply repeating the allegation does NOT absolve you from any liability. Legal precidence (or however you spell the damned word) shows otherwise.
Of course, it is most likely a moot point because I'd imagine nobody woudl take legal action over such a blatantly false claim, but you never know.
(That reminds me - where are all these lawsuits AInc threatened come 1st September? It is now 6th October and no sign of them - typical, they can't even get THAT right! ;-) ).
"
> "I really do wish that certain idiot "supporters" on BOTH sides woudl either grow up or just sod off."
>Oh go and get a sense of humour.
But he does mean himself clearly here. Keith has not been able to achieve a sense of humour for years, it would take much more than being told to get one; it would require surgery."
"
LOL! How terribly witty of yo, or scared anonymous one!
Should I now cower in the corner and, what's the phrase? Ph34r y0ur l33tn355? Perhaps not.
The M-day has come! : Comment 95 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 07-Oct-2002 20:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 94 (Keith Blakemore-Noble):
> Yeah, right! Only, I'm afraid, you are wrong there. Simply repeating the
> allegation does NOT absolve you from any liability. Legal precidence (or
> however you spell the damned word) shows otherwise.
Speak for your own country. A law system based on precedence is seriously flawed anyway.
The M-day has come! : Comment 96 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Doesn't matter... on 07-Oct-2002 21:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 93 (Anonymous):
Listen I don't hate Amiga Inc. I'm just saying that they're not doing anything for the Amiga, the AmigaOne or Os4, they're just renting the brand and they're very oportunistic, Shall I remember you AGAIN that the new Amiga is being made with other people's money and work.
Amiga inc is wasting their resources in that "not going anywere already dead" virtual platform instead of putting their money where there are some posibilities to success as a niche market and yes this market is the Amiga.
What is Amiga inc going to do with their DE when m$ extends it's .NET tentacles... what??? maybe sit down and get some revenues from someone's else's work from brand renting I will like to see that Eyetech and Hyperion had so much sucess with Aone/Os4 that make them able to buy the brand.
The M-day has come! : Comment 97 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Eva on 08-Oct-2002 05:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 92 (Ketzer):
Well I see it running everyday and I use Morphos enstead that AmigaOS simply because it's faster and It's not an emulator lol
AmigaOS4 yes , it's a pure emulator. They showed at Pianeta Amiga all 68k sftware, including also Intuition that run under emulation in OS4 actually ... can ya figure an OS with the gui routines that run emulated? In the other hand Cybergraphx 5 is completly PPC native and you have to take a look at it to see how it is FAST.
If you don't know what ya speacking about yu will easly figure like an ignorant.
The M-day has come! : Comment 98 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by elektro on 08-Oct-2002 06:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 97 (Eva):
"If you don't know what ya speacking about yu will easly figure like an ignorant."
yes indeed...
The M-day has come! : Comment 99 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by mahen on 08-Oct-2002 06:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 97 (Eva):
Huh ? What are you saying ??
But it's clear saying that MOS is an emulator, or is
not an amiga-like-OS is pure ignorance.
I support MOS but saying bs about OS4 (which doesn't exist yet
anyway) won't help making the other accept it.
The M-day has come! : Comment 100 of 114ANN.lu
Posted by Freddy on 08-Oct-2002 06:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 97 (Eva):
"AmigaOS4 yes , it's a pure emulator.... If you don't know what ya speacking about yu will easly figure like an ignorant."
Another MOS comedian on ANN.
Anonymous, there are 114 items in your selection (but only 64 shown due to limitation) [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 114]
Back to Top