26-Oct-2021 04:24 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 76 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 76]
[Web] Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questionsANN.lu
Posted on 27-Jul-2003 17:20 GMT by Nicolas Mendoza76 comments
View flat
View list
Fleecy answers the questions voted on for Bill McEwen at the AmiWest 2003 show. Here are the answers: http://polarboing.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=24
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 1 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Johan Rönnblom on 27-Jul-2003 15:39 GMT
Some fairly straight answers there, actually. Like about the t-shirts:
"It is at the top of our list of things to get resolved."

Top priority - and still not done. What more needs to be said about
the status of AInc?

Then further down, a question about AInc sources of income. Fleecy
mentions four incomes. A and B are from AmigaOS and AmigaOne
licensing. Only as C and D come AmigaDE stuff. Quite a contrast to
what we heard a few years back, about the "legacy" only being a
limitation, AmigaDE was the future, AmigaDE was where the big money
is. Then, all of a sudden, a 180 degree turn (again).. why.. well, I
think that's quite clear now. Small income is at least preferrable to
no income.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 2 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by T_Bone on 27-Jul-2003 15:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Johan Rönnblom):
They realised Amigans will buy coupons, while DEians won't.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 3 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Lasse Bodilsen on 27-Jul-2003 16:00 GMT
"Microsoft have no interest in buying us,

a) because they have their own desktop OS which is slightly more
successfully than ours "
------
The man's got humor allright. :-D
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 4 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Darrin on 27-Jul-2003 16:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Johan Rönnblom):
Reading a little too deep for your IQ level again?
Trying to spin honest answers in order to assist your own covert agenda?

Burn the witches!!! Burn 'em all!!! Sheesh...
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 5 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by smithy on 27-Jul-2003 17:26 GMT
>Bill was very upset that he couldn\'t come but when the security of
>your family and home is put at jepoardy then he had little choice.

So what did happen in court then?
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 6 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Hagge on 27-Jul-2003 17:43 GMT
not even a single intresting Q&A combo :/
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 7 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 27-Jul-2003 17:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (smithy):
> So what did happen in court then?

One has to wonder if he's defending against law enforcement deputies coming to foreclose on his house. "Waco II, How the Boingball Burns"

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 8 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Chain|Q on 27-Jul-2003 19:18 GMT
My favourite part is:
"We are a hardware and software company."

Wow! How fast things changes. Last time i've heard about them, they were a software-only company. That's why they decided to license AmigaOne to Eyetech, instead of building it themselves. At least this is what they said that time. Maybe they realized how good business is to sell office peecees and furniture, LOL! :)
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 9 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 27-Jul-2003 20:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Chain|Q):
Eyetech is owned by Amiga Inc?
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 10 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett on 27-Jul-2003 20:30 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Darrin):
@Darrin

> Trying to spin honest answers in order to assist your own covert agenda?

Bill not being at AmiWest because doing so would have put his family's security in jeopardy?

If that an "honest" answer I don't think I want to know the not-so-truthful parts.

Quite frankly I think it's going to be a cold day in Hell before anyone will get any straight, honest and above all truthful answers from anyone working for Amiga Inc.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 11 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 27-Jul-2003 20:38 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (dammy):
What a f*cked up sense of humor you have Dumby
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 12 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 27-Jul-2003 20:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Chain|Q):
sooo? Microsoft is also a software company, but they also do hardware projects
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 13 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by takemehomegrandma on 27-Jul-2003 21:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Bill Hoggett):
> Quite frankly I think it's going to be a cold day in Hell before anyone will
> get any straight, honest and above all truthful answers from anyone working
> for Amiga Inc.

On the contrary, there has been some really straight, honest and truthful information from some people that used to work for Amiga Inc. But that doesn't prevent some people from rejecting it all as evil FUD, fake, or whatever. Some people seems to be living in their own little copyrighted reality, carefully shielded off from the "bigger reality" the rest of us lives in. They even got their own little web portal ...
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 14 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Darrin on 27-Jul-2003 21:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Bill Hoggett):
@ Secure Bill

"Bill not being at AmiWest because doing so would have put his family's security in jeopardy?"

OK, it’s a bit melodramatic, but depending on your definition of "danger" and "security" and how seriously you may take certain events, it could be a completely truthful answer. Just be thankful that you don't have such personal problems yourself so you don’t have to put a "spin" on your own predicament.

Assuming that Bill is in a serious situation that prevented him from attending, why do you feel the extra need to stick a knife in his back? I honestly wonder what the future for humanity holds when I see the vultures circling with glee over Amiga Inc. I'm sincerely starting to hope that what goes around comes around and those wishing for an early death for Amiga Inc/OS4/Pegasos end up bankrupt shortly after watching their favourite company and hardware fetish go belly up. Oh no - I'm starting to sink to THEIR level!!!
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 15 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Darrin on 27-Jul-2003 21:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Bill Hoggett):
@Bill (again)

Of course, you could be right and I'm just too trusting... but I like to think I give people the benefit of the doubt ;-)
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 16 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by 3seas on 27-Jul-2003 21:23 GMT
As a comparison base .... even I'm making forward movement with the VIC.You can go to threeseas.net and download an archive that now includes the ID command as a standalone, like IQ as well as the current code for the rest of the VIC (with teh exception of the KE or Cypher....not there yet.)
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 17 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 27-Jul-2003 21:53 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Darrin):
>OK, it’s a bit melodramatic, but depending on your definition of "danger"
>and "security" and how seriously you may take certain events, it could be a
>completely truthful answer.

Just like Bill Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" depended on your definition of "sex"? :-)

There is truthful, and then there is truthful. I'm sure we all know the difference in our heart of hearts.

Not so sure about Fleecy anymore, though.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 18 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Darrin on 27-Jul-2003 22:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (Anonymous):
LOL. Actually, I still don't understand why the American public were so upset with the President. After all, it could have been worse - he could have "had" Janet Reno!!!

Something has just occured to me... Bill McEwan lies, Bill Buck lies, Bill Clinton lies and my son William blames everything he does wrong on his sister... I'm starting to see a pattern!!! Don't trust anyone called Bill!!! :-)
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 19 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by José on 27-Jul-2003 22:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Darrin):
And Bill Gates is called Bill too!!
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 20 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 27-Jul-2003 22:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Darrin):
"Bill not being at AmiWest because doing so would have put his family's security in jeopardy"

I hope it's not some Amiga/MOS fanatic. This community seems to have all types of characters around.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 21 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 27-Jul-2003 22:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Anonymous):
Didn't know Bill had a family. How many kids does he have?

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 22 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by gary_c on 27-Jul-2003 23:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Anonymous):
> "Bill not being at AmiWest because doing so would have put his family's security in jeopardy"
> I hope it's not some Amiga/MOS fanatic. This community seems to have all types of characters around.

They're not endangered by a fanatic. Bill has to stay home because the court is trying to make him and Amiga, Inc. pay wages due employees, back taxes, debts owed other companies, etc. Having lost one court case already, he is perhaps in danger of losing personal property to make good on these debts. This is how his family's security is in jeopardy AFAIK.

-- gary_c
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 23 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by gary_c on 27-Jul-2003 23:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Darrin):
Darrin wrote:

> Reading a little too deep for your IQ level again?
Trying to spin honest answers in order to assist your own covert agenda?
Burn the witches!!! Burn 'em all!!! Sheesh...

Geez, Darrin, why don't you relax a little? You know, one of the reasons people stay on Amiga, Inc.'s case is because the hardcore supporters are so hyper. My son likes to blow in our dog's ears for the same reason: fun reaction.

You're really into this for these melodramatic dialogs, aren't you? ;-) We're all wound up in a big collaborative screenplay here, and you're enjoying your role as defender of the Emporer Without Clothes against the unruly barbarians, right? :-)

-- gary_c
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 24 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by sutro on 27-Jul-2003 23:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Johan Rönnblom):
> Quite a contrast to what we heard a few years back, about the "legacy" only being a limitation, AmigaDE was the future, AmigaDE was where the big money
is. Then, all of a sudden, a 180 degree turn (again).. why.. well, I
think that's quite clear now. Small income is at least preferrable to
no income.

AmigaOS is what the "community" wants to hear. AmigaDE is what the market wants to hear. Their vision and timing were right, they just ran out of money and sponsors. The easiest path would have been to put all their effort in a AmigaOS4 from the beginning but I doubt they would have got the money to buy Amiga Inc from Gateway in the first place with such a short-sighted plan.
The bottomline is that you can't survive just selling your name. You have to develop something yourself. McEwen and Moss thought they would get thousand of developers for free coming to AmigaDE when they should have tried to hire people and build a strong developer stream to allure market, sponsor and community interest.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 25 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by gary_c on 28-Jul-2003 01:48 GMT
Remember fleecy's earlier comment about why Amiga, Inc. wouldn't support the AmiZilla effort? ("However, the most important reason [Amiga will not contribute to AmiZilla] is because a brand new, world class HTML rendering solution is one of elements of AmigaOS4.1.")

Now the new interview says:

> Can you tell about a new Amiga browser ?
> AmigaOS4.1 will feature a state of the art set of support services for third parties to use when developing their browser clients. A default browser will ship and, whilst it will make full use of these services, the client function set will be basic. We have no intention of pushing our browser companies out of business.

And this prevents Amiga, Inc. from cooperating with AmiZilla how, exactly?

-- gary_c
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 26 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 28-Jul-2003 01:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (sutro):
> AmigaDE is what the market wants to hear.

How's that? If it's what the market has been waiting for, sales would be going through the roof and money flowing everwhere. Mean while, we're waiting to hear when McEwen's house is foreclosed on.

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 27 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 04:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (gary_c):
> They're not endangered by a fanatic. Bill has to stay home because the court is trying to make him and Amiga, Inc.

Well thats strange Gary, I mean how would you know being all the way over there? You got cameras pointing at his house or something?

From what I know the same people who are putting out this story were until a day before Bill McEwans press release were saying things like "hes going to attend despite the possibility of incident at AmiWest or at home, its a matter of pride, hes an angry man, we don't think hes right but hes not listening to us", then it went quiet and some told me on the side that "somethings happened, someones been harrassing his neighbours for details of when hes in or out and has been following members of his family" and "hes gone to the police, somethings terrified his family" then a day later the press release came out. Believe it if you will, I have no reason to lie.

I think there may be more substance to this than you think, of course if something nasty did happen you'd feel dreadful right?

Before you start going on about how I am some pro Amiga Inc zealout ( which is what people like to paint me when they don't want to listen to what I am saying ) during the office shutdown saga I was saying that Amiga Inc was BSsing that their landlord had chucked them out and that the rumour spread at WOASE was untrue - they hadn't killed the office phone lines because of crank phone calls it was because the offices were locked out to them. When DE came out I said what is the work that AInc have done z/Intent/AmigaDE/?

This time around, the change in plans was so swift and the people that would ordinarily be considered suspect were pretty shocked themselves as to what had happenned.

So I say again, Gary, you may like to blow in ears to provoke reactions but it looks a little crass to me - more like pulling the wings off a fly because you can't hear it scream.

Disputes between company and employees is one thing - and the resulting court judgements - but there are no court cases about the "party pack" and "club Amiga" (not a member) crap but you still act as if its a judgement against them.

The more I talk to Amiga Inc people these days the more I realise that they are decent people who made a few bloopers and then got nailed to the wall after they ran out of moolah in circumstances beyond their control who have the misfortune to have a clientele who are several bananas short of a plantation. In fact the more bullshit I read from people like you, takemehomegrandma, Dammy, Smithy and all the others for whom it seems so personal ( yet they never have done anything to these specific individuals which is also odd ) the more I think Amiga Inc have a point and the more frankly I want to work with them and help them get back on their feet.

Do you REALLY think it is unlikely that a prank carried out by one or more members of the more demented part of this community is starting to go a bit sour? Really?

I think its more likely that a few of you are dissapointed you couldn't pull that stunt on him at AmiWest. ;-)

T H I N K A B O U T I T !
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 28 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by gary_c on 28-Jul-2003 05:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (DaveP):
> > They're not endangered by a fanatic. Bill has to stay home because the court is trying to make him and Amiga, Inc.
> Well thats strange Gary, I mean how would you know being all the way over there? You got cameras pointing at his house or something

Of course not. I'm speculating, of course. I know the legal problems are happening. I haven't heard anything about a maniac targeting Bill McEwen and his family, but this sounds a lot like "we had to turn off our phones because of all the harassing calls," when later it turned out they simply couldn't pay the bill. There was a conflicting court date around this weekend; I don't know anything about Bill being stalked. Thus my statement.

> I think there may be more substance to this than you think, of course if something nasty did happen you'd feel dreadful right?

Sure I would. I don't wish for bad things to befall Bill McEwen. I still think the idea of someone looking to attack him physically is a loony rumor. It'd do no one any good for some violence to happen.

> This time around, the change in plans was so swift and the people that would ordinarily be considered suspect were pretty shocked themselves as to what had happenned.

Uh, huh. Therefore the wacky idea is credible. Right. Dave, what happened to that rigorous examination of information we used to see from you -- primary, secondary sources, etc.? This time, unfounded bizarre rumors are worthy of taking seriously?

> So I say again, Gary, you may like to blow in ears to provoke reactions but it looks a little crass to me - more like pulling the wings off a fly because you can't hear it scream.

No, that wasn't me, that was my son. Are you and Darrin involved in some kind of creative writing contest or something? ;-)

> Disputes between company and employees is one thing - and the resulting court judgements - but there are no court cases about the "party pack" and "club Amiga" (not a member) crap but you still act as if its a judgement against them.

No, I don't. I didn't say anything about those; why are you bringing them up?

> The more I talk to Amiga Inc people these days the more I realise that they are decent people who made a few bloopers and then got nailed to the wall after they ran out of moolah in circumstances beyond their control who have the misfortune to have a clientele who are several bananas short of a plantation.

I agree with that, pretty much.

> In fact the more bullshit I read from people like you, takemehomegrandma, Dammy, Smithy and all the others for whom it seems so personal ( yet they never have done anything to these specific individuals which is also odd ) the more I think Amiga Inc have a point and the more frankly I want to work with them and help them get back on their feet.

It's not personal for me. I just don't like reading untennable statements. I applaud your desire to help them get back on their feet. If that would involve anything in the PR department, I suggest you begin by vowing to be honest and forthright, no more of that baloney we're accustomed to getting from them (in the beginning, announcements before they were merited, in the downward spiral, obfuscating denials and half-truths). That'd be a real breath of fresh air, and would probably win back quite a few hearts and minds.

> Do you REALLY think it is unlikely that a prank carried out by one or more members of the more demented part of this community is starting to go a bit sour? Really?

I really don't think there was/is any such prank. If there was, then the prankster is a complete idiot because it gave Bill McEwen a more noble-sounding excuse to stay home when he had to be there for a rather shameful court appearance anyway.

> I think its more likely that a few of you are dissapointed you couldn't pull that stunt on him at AmiWest. ;-)

Good grief, Dave, get a grip.

> T H I N K A B O U T I T !

Are you really DaveP?

-- gary_c
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 29 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 05:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 28 (gary_c):
>> > They're not endangered by a fanatic. Bill has to stay home because the court is trying to make him and Amiga, Inc.
>> Well thats strange Gary, I mean how would you know being all the way over there? You got cameras pointing at his house or something
>Of course not. I'm speculating, of course.

Right, then I suggest you choose your words more carefully, this sounds like an assertion of fact:

"They're not endangered by a fanatic."

>> This time around, the change in plans was so swift and the people that would ordinarily be considered suspect were pretty shocked themselves as to what had happenned.
> Uh, huh. Therefore the wacky idea is credible. Right. Dave, what happened to that rigorous examination of information we used to see from you -- primary, secondary sources, etc.? This time, unfounded bizarre rumors are worthy of taking seriously?

Absolutely not, however I am pointing out to you that for once, maybe you need to consider the possibility that they are telling the truth. I have certainly heard more this time around to make me less skeptical - these are my sources of secondary evidence that I found credible. That is all I am saying.

>> So I say again, Gary, you may like to blow in ears to provoke reactions but it looks a little crass to me - more like pulling the wings off a fly because you can't hear it scream.
> No, that wasn't me, that was my son. Are you and Darrin involved in some kind of creative writing contest or something? ;-)

"You know, one of the reasons people stay on Amiga, Inc.'s case is because the hardcore supporters are so hyper. My son likes to blow in our dog's ears for the same reason: fun reaction."

>> Disputes between company and employees is one thing - and the resulting court judgements - but there are no court cases about the "party pack" and "club Amiga" (not a member) crap but you still act as if its a judgement against them.
> No, I don't. I didn't say anything about those; why are you bringing them up?
OK, I haven't got time this morning to go back through, if you didn't drag that up then apologies.

>> In fact the more bullshit I read from people like you, takemehomegrandma, Dammy, Smithy and all the others for whom it seems so personal ( yet they never have done anything to these specific individuals which is also odd ) the more I think Amiga Inc have a point and the more frankly I want to work with them and help them get back on their feet.
>It's not personal for me.

Right. Good.

> I just don't like reading untennable statements.

Like the one you made at the top?

>I applaud your desire to help them get back on their feet.

For as long as it lasts ;)

> If that would involve anything in the PR department, I suggest you begin by vowing to be honest and forthright, no more of that baloney we're accustomed to getting from them (in the beginning, announcements before they were merited, in the downward spiral, obfuscating denials and half-truths). That'd be a real breath of fresh air, and would probably win back quite a few hearts and minds.

LOL

>> Do you REALLY think it is unlikely that a prank carried out by one or more members of the more demented part of this community is starting to go a bit sour? Really?
>I really don't think there was/is any such prank. If there was, then the prankster is a complete idiot because it gave Bill McEwen a more noble-sounding excuse to stay home when he had to be there for a rather shameful court appearance anyway.

Well quite, but as we see people don't think from A through B to C.

>> I think its more likely that a few of you are dissapointed you couldn't pull that stunt on him at AmiWest. ;-)
> Good grief, Dave, get a grip.
I have a grip, I think you are losing yours, look theres even a ";-)" at the end.

>> T H I N K A B O U T I T !
> Are you really DaveP?
Of course, I don't like seeing someone like you dismiss out of all realms of possibility that Bill McEwens personal safety is at risk when we know quite how insane some of the "scene" can be. Just think before you lend your weight of credibility to dismissing it and keep a more open mind on the point.

DaveP
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 30 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Emeric SH on 28-Jul-2003 06:55 GMT
@DaveP

Tell us more about those "threats" endangering Bill McEwen and his family's life. Proofs? Can we ask the local police? Isn't it possible that it's simply a private eye, gathering information about him for the court?

Blaming the MorphOS community for Bill McEwen's absence on AmiWest (and everything bad what happens to Amiga Inc) is way too typical of you. And it is LOW.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 31 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 06:57 GMT
In reply to Comment 30 (Emeric SH):
> Tell us more about those "threats" endangering Bill McEwen and his family's life. Proofs? Can we ask the local police? Isn't it possible that it's simply a private eye, gathering information about him for the court?

Read it again. I clearly state is that you will either have to believe me or not. Do your own investigations if you feel the need. This is not even the point of my response.


"Blaming the MorphOS community for Bill McEwen's absence on AmiWest (and everything bad what happens to Amiga Inc) is way too typical of you. And it is LOW."

Firstly, that is not what I did, secondly why is it typical of me - how about you provide some links, evidence etc, and finally - wtf are you talking about?
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 32 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Emeric SH on 28-Jul-2003 07:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 31 (DaveP):
Sorry, it's the english "you" which has two meanings. I meant "you" as the many of you. We repeatedly hear Mike B and some well known Amiga Inc fanatics speaking of "Bill Bucks little army", threats to Amiga Inc, Bill McEwen's, his family's without any proof. These are criminal charges, and all the time I asked for details my thread was either removed from amigaworld.net (and I deleted my account afterwards) or remained unanswered. You go too far if - without any proof - blame the Pegasos/MorphOS community with things like that.

You tell us there are real, feeling people behind Amiga Inc - why can't you imagine the same about your(plural) imaginative "enemy"? You(plural) accuse a whole community with criminal charges, without the "benefit of doubt" you(plural) love to apply to every negative statement regarding Amiga Inc.

Now show me proof or go away.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 33 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Johan Rönnblom on 28-Jul-2003 08:00 GMT
I don't get this "none of your business" attitude when people are
complaining about AInc.

I've used Amigas for more than 10 years now, still use my A4k nearly
every day. My take of the situation is that AInc are dragging the
Amiga name in the mud, rapidly destroying its reputation. Furthermore,
because of their problems and the way they "handle" them with lies and
desperate measures (the legality of which can sometimes definitely be
put in question), they are risking not just the future of the company,
but they are also putting up serious obstacles for *any* development
in the Amiga-related scene whatsoever, especially if it is reliant on
the Amiga name or other AInc IP.

Amiga Inc, are in my opinion very destructive for anything "Amiga".
Thus, the sooner they can be exposed and the sooner this farce can
end, the better for everyone doing any sort of constructive work in
this little scene of ours.

Just because I didn't buy any of their coupons, it doesn't mean I have
no interest in this. The way I see it, AInc are - out of desperation
rather than malice for sure - working hard to prevent the realisation
of technological visions which I share. That's why I oppose AInc.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 34 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 08:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Emeric SH):
"Sorry, it's the english "you" which has two meanings. I meant "you" as the many of you."

Thanks for the explanation. But it will come back to haunt you.

"We repeatedly hear Mike B and some well known Amiga Inc fanatics speaking of "Bill Bucks little army", threats to Amiga Inc, Bill McEwen's, his family's without any proof."

Well the proof of Bill Bucks little army is present on these fora, however whether Bill solicits it or they are just volunteers or it is merely a sarcastic description is entirely unproven.

Threats to Amiga Inc, Bill McEwens' his family without proof, fair enough, but then excuse me, there are a lot of allegations on the other side that are low grade secondary evidence in my eyes also that people like yourself shove in my face and call "fact". People are innocent until proven guilty most of the time in this world, and most rational people deal in possibilities. What I was saying to Gary is that you have to consider the possibility - he can understand it why cant you?


"These are criminal charges,"
Are they? What criminal charges? Im sorry you lost me there. Explain for the slow person at the back.

"and all the time I asked for details my thread was either removed from amigaworld.net (and I deleted my account afterwards) or remained unanswered. "

Not my problem, not something I am happy about and if you remember I was pretty vocal about at the time.

"You go too far if - without any proof - blame the Pegasos/MorphOS community with things like that. "
I blame no one but hardcore mentally unstable fanatics, whether they use MorphOS, AmigaOS or Windows is irrelevant. IF there is truth in the secondary evidence that is presented about Bill McEwen being stalked and threatened THEN it logically follows that the person has to be aware of or know of Amigas ( or why else bother? ) AND be mentally unstable. Thats as far as I go, why represent it as if I go further?

"You tell us there are real, feeling people behind Amiga Inc - why can't you imagine the same about your(plural) imaginative "enemy"?"

I don't see you or anyone else as an "enemy" I just see a few sad individuals taking wordgames and bi-partisan views to an extreme level and some riding off the back of anti-Amiga Inc fellowship to gain popularity. If you think that I consider Bill Buck or yourself or anyone on here as my "enemy" then you have me completely wrong. I have a nice cordial and friendly relationship with Bill Buck and most sane non demented members of the community.

"You(plural) accuse a whole community with criminal charges,"
You are including me in that, and I have never done so. Put up or shut up.

"without the "benefit of doubt" you(plural) love to apply to every negative statement regarding Amiga Inc. "
Quite, you are well within your rights to call for benefit of doubt. But here you are excessively generalising. Which lets go to sentence one of your reply, you as I said will regret.

"Now show me proof or go away."
Deary me. /me shakes head.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 35 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Janne on 28-Jul-2003 09:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 33 (Johan Rönnblom):
>I don't get this "none of your business" attitude when people are
>complaining about AInc.
>(...)

Johan, I agree with your point of view. Well said!
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 36 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Darrin on 28-Jul-2003 09:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 23 (gary_c):
@Gary_C

>> you're enjoying your role as defender of the Emporer Without Clothes against the unruly barbarians, right? :-)

lol. Bill has no clothes!!!??? Damn, he really did get taken to the cleaners in court!!! :-)
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 37 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett on 28-Jul-2003 09:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Darrin):
@Darrin

The point is I've heard the scare stories before, and I was dubious about them them. Now I'm certain they are conveniently manufactured and that there isn't a single grain of truth in them. They happen at far too convenient intervals, just when they are needed to explain away something that cannot be positively spun with ease.

Let's face it: people lie. Not just people called "Bill", but many others too. The more people are willing to take those lies at face value, the more encouraged they are to use lies to explain away their predicament.

To be honest Amiga Inc are looking more and more like a bunch of incompetent idiots in denial to me rather than the image of the decent upstanding fellows under siege from some evil conspiracy that some are trying to promote.

I for one am no longer willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 38 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 28-Jul-2003 10:08 GMT
In reply to Comment 25 (gary_c):
>And this prevents Amiga, Inc. from cooperating with AmiZilla how, exactly?

Competition. Doh!
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 39 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 28-Jul-2003 10:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (dammy):
Stop making stupid assumptions. The sales of DE Game Cards have been more than successful, your little narrow mind cannot even start understanding the difficulties met along the path.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 40 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Mikey_C on 28-Jul-2003 10:53 GMT
Well believe what you want guys, I have had it from two seperate sources that the real reason that Bill McEwen stayed away is because of threats to his family and home by persons unknown.

But of course everyone else here wants to believe what they want to.

*sigh*

:(

Mikey C
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 41 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by smp266 on 28-Jul-2003 11:16 GMT
Amiga Inc or no Amiga Inc we are still moving forward. As long as their is a community of at least 5000 people, an Amiga computer in some form will be available.
Providing we are not in financial difficulty, most of us seem to be willing to pay a reasonable premium for the luxury of 'all things Amiga'. Even outlaying the cash months in advance. That is a great (and reliable!) community.

Can everyone agree that we got further in the last 3 years than we did under G2K. Did G2K tell us the truth about the miraculous MMC project?
It is definitely wrong to lie to the community and really damaging.

Anyway I'm going back to my toy trains, I'll see you guys when OS4 finally gets released.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 42 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox on 28-Jul-2003 11:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 40 (Mikey_C):
"Well believe what you want guys, I have had it from two seperate sources that the real reason that Bill McEwen stayed away is because of threats to his family and home by persons unknown."

There is hardly any mystery who the person unknown would be, but I think the danger is probably exaggerated. However, I am not in Bill's position. I can see how it might be scary.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 43 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 11:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 37 (Bill Hoggett):
Bolton Peck took them seriously, recall the Gary_C and Bolton thread recently?
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 44 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by cheesegrate on 28-Jul-2003 11:55 GMT
hmmm this reminds me of the story that amiga inc telephones were suffereing a dos attack that's why they got disconected.

same old fleecy lies..
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 45 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by gary_c on 28-Jul-2003 12:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (Anonymous):
> > And this prevents Amiga, Inc. from cooperating with AmiZilla how, exactly?
> Competition. Doh!

But fleecy just answered that Amiga, Inc. isn't developing a browser, so there wouldn't be competition between them and a third-party project. AmiZilla is to produce a third-party browser to take run on top of AOS's "state of the art" foundation.

-- gary_c
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 46 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 28-Jul-2003 12:20 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (DaveP):
So Dave, what "family" is this? How many kids does he or his wife have? Or is "family" just a convient lie to save face? Come on Dave, time to defend Amiga Inc's idiots once again. ;)

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 47 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by DaveP on 28-Jul-2003 12:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 46 (dammy):
Why don't you ask Bill McEwan, IIRC he still has a working email address at Amiga.com.
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 48 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 28-Jul-2003 12:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 39 (Anonymous):
> Stop making stupid assumptions. The sales of DE Game Cards have been more than > successful, your little narrow mind cannot even start understanding the
> difficulties met along the path.

Why Mr. Gutless, I would be shocked to hear that DE games are selling so well, when Amig Inc has zero money for office or for paying their debts. Or is this hot selling game revenues being unlawfully switched through some PayPal account?

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 49 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 28-Jul-2003 12:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 40 (Mikey_C):
> Well believe what you want guys, I have had it from two seperate sources that
> the real reason that Bill McEwen stayed away is because of threats to his
> family and home by persons unknown.

Mike, how about telling us just what "family" is this? Does his wife have a child(ren)? Why didn't Bill just grab the family and head down to AmiWest an escape from this supposed danger for the weekend?

Dammy
Fleecy answer Amiwest 2003 poll questions : Comment 50 of 76ANN.lu
Posted by dammy on 28-Jul-2003 12:33 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (DaveP):
How about just telling us Dave, does either Bill or his wife have kid(s) living at home? Or do you really do know that he and his wife does not have any and this is just a Fleecy lie but do not want to admit it? I could be wrong and there are children (either his, hers or both), but I doubt it.

Dammy
Anonymous, there are 76 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 76]
Back to Top