17-Dec-2017 21:43 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 238 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 200] [201 - 238]
[Rant] Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site.ANN.lu
Posted on 03-Feb-2004 15:32 GMT by Jordan Taylor238 comments
View flat
View list
Today a so-called Amiga site which was supposed to allow freedom of speech has now become a exposed heavily censored website, webmasters acting like children insulting members of the site just because they stand up and say what they think.

I feel betrayed.

Check it out yourself here

Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 1 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Jordan Taylor (217.33.15.56) on 03-Feb-2004 14:35 GMT
This thread is not about trolling or insulting the site but i am fed up of being told to shut up or loose my account for speaking my mind.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 2 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Darth_X (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 14:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Jordan Taylor):
My friend, I know exactly how you feel.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 3 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett (80.46.145.33) on 03-Feb-2004 15:19 GMT
Heavy-handed moderation sucks, whatever lame excuse the management come up with as justification. I have complained about this happening on another high-profile Amiga related site, and I've noticed hints of it creeping into Amiga.org policy a while ago too.

I think it's just a reflection of the sad overall state of the bitter, hostile and insecure Amiga community we're left with today.

There is a difference between a thread becoming a flame-fest with insults and obcenities flying around and one that simply becomes a puerile point-scoring exercise devoid of constructive comments. The former deserves to be moderated out, but the latter does not, even if it is irritating. Furthermore, a thread being moderated because it irritates the moderators is not sufficient justification. When a community site starts serving the administration rather than the community using it, it has outlived its usefulness.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 4 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Jan Smite (207.44.154.35) on 03-Feb-2004 15:19 GMT
Are you 'Amiperson2K3' in A.Org thread? If so, I don't see your point :/

What I can see in A.Org thread is:

- you expressing freely your opinions
- other people expressing freely their own opinions, differing from yours.

Freedom of speech works in both ways.

Have you been banned or been told to loose your account since then? If no, what's wrong with that? BTW, the only insult I can see is 'liar', and it comes from you...

I you are not 'Amiperson2K3', I still don't see your point :)

J.S.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 5 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Matt Parsons (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 15:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 1 (Jordan Taylor):
You will have to do better to explain yourself...
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 6 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by MarkTime (67.106.203.98) on 03-Feb-2004 15:57 GMT
First of all, amiga.org has always been a moderated site, just as this one is, and amigaworld.net is...

however, its the level of moderation that becomes the sticky point.

More or less, though, the problem is not the webmasters...the webmasters are responding to the needs of the community.

Its the very large number of immature girlish boys who are the backbone of this community now, who are constantly whining and complaining to the webmasters about threads that are 'no longer productive' and 'out of control' that cause the webmasters to jump into action.

Am I being harsh? Yes, but its an accurate observation of how this community has denigrated. Its the community members, my friend, constantly calling for moderation, it is NOT coming from some kind of internal need, or power grab on the part of the webmasters.

THe problem with this community is they don't understand the fundamental purpose of these sites...they are sites for 'ideas' and 'feelings' and this idea that every post must be 'productive' and 'informative' is a red herring.

First of all...my advice is, if you want to be in this community, come to some kind of understanding about the whiny baby atmosphere of this community, or you will never be happy here...you must show tolerance for the censorship..yes you.

Second of all...if you want to change, call people out every time they act childish. It works. Heck I get e-mails from time to time myself, like most reasonable people, when that happens I think about them, and even modify my course if I feel I went too far.

So your complaint may have an impact, but I would direct my complaints directly at the people who are the problem, inasmuch as these cowards are willing to show themselves.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 7 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Johnathan (61.11.26.142) on 03-Feb-2004 16:05 GMT
On that thread Wayne Hunt is making up lies about that turtle guy and being rather offensive, what makes me so angry is that these are the same people what insult Amigaworld.

Bunch of hipocrites and i bet the censorship patrol on here will remove this thread to cover up what is really going on.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 8 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Matt Parsons (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 16:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Johnathan):
Why do you want this thread removed?

I think it's a perfectly reasnable thread, but the poster has not expressed themselves clearly.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 9 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Peter (209.129.178.212) on 03-Feb-2004 16:14 GMT
Dizzy Darren Glen aka Ryu now claims if a topic goes off topic it must be locked

Stupid moderating.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 10 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Peter (209.129.178.212) on 03-Feb-2004 16:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Matt Parsons):
> but the poster has not expressed themselves clearly.

It is perfectly clear to the normal person, Amiga.org moderators are getting out of hand and i wish it would just close down. Hunt has offended people who have a different view than him.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 11 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Ryu (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 16:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 9 (Peter):
If your going to bash me, atleast get my name right dude.... its Glenn, see the two "N's" sheesh...
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 12 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Peter's #1 Fan (68.209.182.28) on 03-Feb-2004 16:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 9 (Peter):
"Dizzy Darren Glen aka Ryu now claims if a topic goes off topic it must be locked - Stupid moderating."

Lazy Fscking Maggot Peter bashes moderator because he's too lazy to move a mouse a few inches to start his own damn thread, thereby solving the problem.

Take a page from Nike: Just do it. The exercise will do you porcine fingers some good, pug.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 13 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by hooligan/dcs (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 16:49 GMT
I wrote what I think in that thread so I leave it there and won't comment it any further. IMHO, this is a lot of fuzz about nothing.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 14 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Jordan Taylor (217.33.15.56) on 03-Feb-2004 16:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Matt Parsons):
If i could get to my private messages all would be shown but as everytime i click INBOX i get a grey box with a message like SORRY YOU CAN NOT ACCESS THIS AREA.

I am just annoyed that everything i have done has not broken the sites policy. on another note i am more than happy to leave a website what persecutes people who will not fall in to line.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 15 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Christophe Decanini (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 17:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Matt Parsons):
@#?

"Why do you want this thread removed? "

Because moderators are biased, they like to abuse their censorship power and by definition are evil ;)

Seriously there is no perfect moderation. The Amiga communauty has the choice to comment on sites going from no moderation/no account required heavier moderation/accounts.

ANN tries to be somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I wish I had a way to ban some IPs for a few days as a FEW people are really trying to cause only troubles.
ANN has no locks on threads and I don't see the point to lock threads "not responding to the initial poster" as long as there are still some valuable comments posted.
Discussing moderation is fine, attacking/insulting moderators because they did not acted as you liked is wrong. If you are gentle enough the moderator may very likely listen to your opinion. If not, you just piss off someone working for you who will certainly moderate you. If you can't leave with it just switch to a site with no moderation at all.

"Abusive language, excessive swear words, personal insults and trolling/flamebait are not allowed"
"Using your full name or a unique nick is encouraged."
And ignore the trolls.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 16 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (202.102.164.163) on 03-Feb-2004 17:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (Ryu):
One N or two NN, it does not matter when someone like you is a moderator on a website, you are the MikeB on A.org.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 17 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 17:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Bill Hoggett):
Heavy-handed moderation sucks, whatever lame excuse the management come up with as justification. I have complained about this happening on another high-profile Amiga related site, and I've noticed hints of it creeping into Amiga.org policy a while ago too.

You noticed too? I mentioned this about Amiga.org and got jumped on by the Amigaworld.net moderators. If adults want to argue, just f'in let them. They are both consenting adults. Consenting adults shouldn't have to be interupted by the sex police hiding in the closet. That's what Amiga.org looks like to me, a bedroom being watched. Never joined.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like trolling, but I *enjoy* a good debate. Why should I invest myself intellectually into a site that will just perform an abortion of a thread that I spent good quality time in researching my side of the debate on? It's a waste of time. I know this will get a "It's our site respect our policies" but that's fine, I'll just go somewhere else. I chose here, as nobody "gets it" WRT moderation like Ann.lu does.

If CK ran a Xoops site, I dare say there'd be two mass exoduses in parallel from a popular Org and a Net.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 18 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Christophe Decanini (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 17:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Jordan Taylor):
Before shouting wolf, try to get in touch with a moderator who was not involved in the conflict to check if a moderator really screwed your account or if it just a technical problem.
In both cases someone has to know what happened in order to fix the problem.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 19 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 17:17 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (bobpuegot):
"If CK ran a Xoops site, I dare say there'd be two mass exoduses in parallel from a popular Org and a Net."

Having seen those sites, I think both ANN and the Bunny have better forum code.
Faster and simpler.

As for moderation, as soon as you set rules there will be people pushing at the barriers to see how far they stretch before breaking.

It is hard to find people who have enough motivation to act as moderators (I'm much too lazy myself) and who don't also have strong opinions. Sometimes the opinions get the upper hand.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 20 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Bill Hoggett (80.46.145.33) on 03-Feb-2004 17:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 16 (Anonymous):
No, he isn't.

However, he is part of a move towards pro-active moderation that started before he was made part of the team. The principle seems to be to control content by locking or removing a thread if it looks like it's going in a direction which will lead to someone posting something which will need re-active moderation. (How's that for a convoluted and long winded explanation for what is a covoluted and long winded policy?)

Quite honestly, there are only two reasons for forums: one is to provide support and help for a product, platform or whatever, and the other is for debate. Debate is good. Debate is constructive, even when it gets heated and sometimes confrontational. People disagreeing with each other is no bad thing! When it gets out of hand is when the issues being debated are swept aside and the rhetoric descends into streams of personal insults. When that happens, moderation needs to step in, but not before.

Pro-active moderation is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 21 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Jimbo (62.3.49.19) on 03-Feb-2004 17:28 GMT
It pisses me off seeing Amiga.org turning in to another Amigaworld.net site, best thing all around is close the site Wayne if you have any decency
left in your body.

I would rather have one less Amiga site than two Aw.net sites.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 22 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 17:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (Don Cox):
As for moderation, as soon as you set rules there will be people pushing at the barriers to see how far they stretch before breaking.

No doubt, but you won't see threads from disgruntled users if the moderated post contained the F word and nothing else, or said F YOU over and over. I don't see anyone complaining about those types of moderation, and that's hardly what's being discussed here. What's happening here is that peoples skin is getting so damn thin that you can see what they ate for lunch and watch it's progress as it snakes it's way towards an exit.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 23 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 17:30 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Bill Hoggett):
However, he is part of a move towards pro-active moderation that started before he was made part of the team. The principle seems to be to control content by locking or removing a thread if it looks like it's going in a direction which will lead to someone posting something which will need re-active moderation. (How's that for a convoluted and long winded explanation for what is a covoluted and long winded policy?)

BINGO! This is exactly what I was discussing with Mikey C.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 24 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Gregg (192.223.243.6) on 03-Feb-2004 17:36 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Bill Hoggett):
> People disagreeing with each other is no bad thing!

There you go, spouting crap again...

> When it gets out of hand is when the issues being debated are swept aside and the rhetoric descends into streams of personal insults.

Uhh...

On the other hand, it might be very perspicacious and constructive. Unfortunately, I think I've lost the capacity to differentiate; perhaps someone can help me out?

> Pro-active moderation is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Actually, it's more like just throwing out the baby because it's dirty and too much trouble to wash it.

Gregg
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 25 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 17:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Christophe Decanini):
Seriously there is no perfect moderation.

I beg to differ, you modest bastard :D
I had an uncle who bowled a 300, claimed he could have done better, reminds me of you!
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 26 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (195.212.14.170) on 03-Feb-2004 17:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 24 (Gregg):
Its more like sending the "baby" home, because the mother didn't bring it up well enough to keep itself clean, deoderized, well mannered and rational.

Or are you suggesting that moderators become therapists?
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 27 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 18:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (Jimbo):
It pisses me off seeing Amiga.org turning in to another Amigaworld.net site, best thing all around is close the site Wayne if you have any decency
left in your body.


I don't think it's Wayne. When I used to lurk there maybe a year 1/2 (2 years?) ago, and Wayne was the man with the plan, those were Aorgs golden years.

What I don't understand, is the people still there after the "exodus" are there precisely because they preferred Aorgs atmosphere over the other site... so what does Aorg do? they focus on emulating the other site, rather than continuing to cater to the users who chose to stay.

It's like saying "We don't want the loyal users, we'd rather have those that left in the first place."
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 28 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Wayne Hunt (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 18:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Johnathan):
You are welcome to point out one single lie about "the turtle guy" or should I say "you"? Three weeks ago, same said person started 7 different threads in a row demanding that we change his username to end in "2k4" despite being told to stop creating new threads. He also (I believe) privately mailed about every single moderator and me asking for the same thing. He was told no, and then started complaining about it continuously which was also removed because it was pointless and childish.

Amiga.org was started BY ME in 1995 to serve the Amiga community. It was fun to do so, because it was interesting to meet all the people and help them with Amiga problems. That was 9 years ago. Most of the people it was started to serve have moved on with their lives. I realize that a vast silent majority of the users left still appreciate the site, but to put the amount of work into it that we do (I have put an average of 8 hours per day into the new version), all we ever hear is bitching and whining.

Amiga.org is about the Amiga community. Just as Christian stated about ANN, Amiga.org is not an arena for your free and unrestricted right to abuse it, insult anyone you want, and to act like children. If such moronic pursuits are your goal, there are any number of Internet sites that I'd suggest you visit instead.

Don't get me wrong. This is not an insult to everyone. There are still a majority of the users on Amiga.org that post intelligently and strive to be helpful and understand that it's a community. It's only a very miniscule number of small minded idiots who don't have the slightest inkling of what is required to operate a Web site who are ruining it for everyone. Same small-minded people generally tend to be amongst the younger, more anarchistic and idealistic kids who have never been raised properly to respect anything. Some of them might be abusing the sites simply as their only outlet for rebellion.

Due to these kids, I am more inclined every single day to completely remove the "talk about" section and just keep the site focused on Amiga discussion only.

Here's a cardinal rule folks. Web sites are private property, even if they have their own built-in community. We -- the Webmasters, and sponsors -- make these sites available as a service to it's users. It is a PRIVILEDGE to use them. It is not your " inaliable right". If you don't like a site, don't stick around ruining it for others. There are plenty of other sites out there which would be more appropriate to you. I'm sure Christian, John, DaveyD, Dave Crawford or any other Amiga webmaster here would fully agree with me.

Wayne
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 29 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Matt Parsons (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 18:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (Jimbo):
Woh!!! Stop right there, Amiga.org is not amigaworld.net!!!!
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 30 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Gregg (192.223.243.6) on 03-Feb-2004 18:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Anonymous):
> Its more like sending the "baby" home, because the mother didn't bring it up
> well enough to keep itself clean, deoderized, well mannered and rational.

That's the problem with analogies - after just a couple of "borrowings", they become tortured caricatures rather than approximations of reality...

One key point has already been made more than once : moderator objectivity. Of course, this is unattainable perfection, but there are two sides to the cave-shadow image of that coin :

Heads : Moderators will make mistakes, so they have to be very thick-skinned and realise that nearly all complaints contain an element of constructive criticism.

Tails : You can't please all the people all the time.

To belabour the point with a specific example : A moderator saying "I don't want to read..." really has to accept that they have strayed rather too far from objectivity, _unless_ they have a clear mandate to decide for themselves what the forum members as a whole do and do not want to read - and I can't believe that any forum that really had this policy and uniformity would be worth the trouble of particpating in.

Enough blathering...

> Or are you suggesting that moderators become therapists?

Very amusing - you do realise at least one of "them" already is, don't you?

Gregg
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 31 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous (216.127.82.98) on 03-Feb-2004 18:40 GMT
I haven't been logged on to Amiga.org since Meershaum was publicly humilliated by a moderator and left. That pretty much was the writing on the wall for me. I felt sorry for the way he was treated, right out in public to boot.

Then things started to go even more pear shaped. Kees did a damned good job over there, DAMNED good (he'll go down in history as one of the greats), but it felt like the moderators were taking a more authoritarian approach.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 32 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by XraalE (82.40.24.228) on 03-Feb-2004 18:40 GMT
Roll up, roll up, all the AmigaWorld trolls who want nothing better to get even with Amiga.org. This thread is for you. You can troll against Amiga.org's moderation and forget for a moment your own is so anal. You can whine, dance, shout, and scream to work off some steam. You can call Amiga.org Morphos.org and say its ruled by GENSI and all that crap you usually come out with.

And all because a thread was closed because it turned into an old argument that doesn't end. But you don't need to consider that, or even bring it up. Just call Amiga.org biased and dictatorial and go back to AmigaWorld with a big sigh and feel free. It's a delusion of course, but we know it makes you happy.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 33 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 19:11 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (XraalE):
Roll up, roll up, all the AmigaWorld trolls who want nothing better to get even with Amiga.org. This thread is for you.

Wrong. When I brought up this very same topic (Aorg) days ago, Mickey C jumped all over me for using Amigaworld.net as a reference. :D

I originally complained, not because I used to be an AW.net member, but because a possible alternative to the site I left is going the same way. Wayne's right though, it's his site love it or leave it yada yada so I'll stay here.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 34 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Big Red Troll (195.137.95.234) on 03-Feb-2004 19:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (XraalE):
Erm... where the hell does amigaworld.net come into this? Where have the "amigaworld trolls" been whining, shouting and dancing?

Oh wait, it's just you using any excuse to bash said website, and attempting to start a flamewar. As per usual, your comments are a complete waste of space and serve no purpose other than to fulfil your seeming requirement for purile and immature "camp wars" in every thread you visit.

Really, you are quite a sad case aren't you? Run along back to school now...
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 35 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by bobpuegot (24.241.141.112) on 03-Feb-2004 19:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 33 (bobpuegot):
forgot to add, I know nothing about the current moderation that recently took place, I jumped in simply because I was making similar comments a few days ago. For all I know, the current moderation is completely justified.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 36 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Amiperson2K3 (65.126.250.35) on 03-Feb-2004 19:41 GMT
>Three weeks ago, same said person started 7 different threads in a row >demanding that we change his username to end in "2k4" despite being told to >stop creating new threads. He also (I believe) privately mailed about every >single moderator and me asking for the same thing. He was told no, and then >started complaining about it continuously which was also removed because it >was pointless and childish.

LIAR, i accidentlly made multiple threads because i was having problems with internet connection. i messaged 1 moderator about it (JUST ONE), i also made 1 thread about it which was removed. i have no idea why you are lieing for (twice today already) but it is bang out of order, power hungry is the perfect saying.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 37 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Wayne Hunt (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 19:53 GMT
In reply to Comment 36 (Amiperson2K3):
@2k3,

What "power"? Running a Website which is infested with children who apparently need training in proper manners? Please tell me what "power" I could possibly be craving by providing a FREE service to the community and having to deal with people who are obviously not happy with anything that we can do? As I said before, you can lie all you want about your actions, but ask any admin who was on duty how many of them got your little demand. More than 1, because it was discussed amongst the admins at length.

It comes down to this. Amiga.org is not yours. It does not belong to you. You do not have any "right" to use it. We extend to you the priviledge because we want to be open, but there ARE rules and it is NOT a private sandbox for all the childish behavior we see. Starting this thread was simply the first of the line of immature actions. If you don't like Amiga.org and don't want to conform to the POSTED rules, don't use it. Go out on the Web and try to find yourself a site without rules. How hard can that be?

Wayne Hunt
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 38 of 238ANN.lu
In reply to Comment 37 (Wayne Hunt):
Message removed by Christophe Decanini for violation of ANN's posting rules.
Specific reason from moderator: insult
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 39 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Wayne Hunt (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (Anonymous):
Thanks for helping prove my point.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 40 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Jordan Taylor (217.33.15.56) on 03-Feb-2004 20:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 37 (Wayne Hunt):
Unlock my private messages if you have nothing to hide, yet again in public you have abused another one of your site members. What is wrong Hunt? the truth coming out so you keep everyone quiet with your nasty PM messages.

You banned me for not falling in to line and locked my private messages like a child.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 41 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by hooligan/dcs (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 37 (Wayne Hunt):
>Starting this thread was simply the first of the line of immature actions

All bad things end up here and gets settled :)
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 42 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Wayne Hunt (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 40 (Jordan Taylor):
I have no idea who "Jordan Taylor" is. If I did, perhaps I would consider it. Truth is, if you were banned, it was for good reason. We have never banned anyone without reason. If you can't live with that, fine. Just realize that all you've done by posting this thread is illustrate the fact that you're unhappy about having to live with the consequences of your own actions. By doing so, you've only illustrated the reason that any such ban has been put in place.

Wayne Hunt
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 43 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Kees (62.234.96.158) on 03-Feb-2004 20:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 40 (Jordan Taylor):
There is a good change that I banned you ... since i've been the one doing the occasionally banning lately. So .. if you are so pissed off .. please direct it at the right person. Feel free to mail me ... but understand that i will not respond to childish behaviour.

Kees
Amiga.org
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 44 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Matt Parsons (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 43 (Kees):
So who is Jordan Taylor?
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 45 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Kees (62.234.96.158) on 03-Feb-2004 20:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 44 (Matt Parsons):
I have no idea ..
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 46 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Amiperson2K (200.160.248.250) on 03-Feb-2004 20:32 GMT
In reply to Comment 44 (Matt Parsons):
It is me you cock sucker.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 47 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Amon_Re (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (bobpuegot):
<burp> Urgh... :)

Cheers
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 48 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Darren (193.77.159.150) on 03-Feb-2004 20:44 GMT
Last week i had two warning just because i wanted more freedom of speech on ORG, but for efforts i got insulted and was reported to my ISP as abuse by a member of staff at ORG.

I got told never to return or else i will be bashed at the next Amiga show.
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 49 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Wayne Hunt (Registered user) on 03-Feb-2004 20:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 48 (Darren):
Again, who are you? Where are these threads?
Freedom of speech is no more on a popular Amiga site. : Comment 50 of 238ANN.lu
Posted by Alan LM Buxey (62.254.0.34) on 03-Feb-2004 20:51 GMT
freedom of speech means being able to freely speak your mind WITHOUT
oppressing others by what you say. it doesnt mean you can freely spout off any old nonsense. let people remember this. without the clause, its not freedom
for others.

alan
Anonymous, there are 238 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 200] [201 - 238]
Back to Top