After a long development time, Hollywood Designer 1.0 is now available and can be ordered on
the Airsoft Softwair website. Hollywood Designer is a high-end
presentation software that creates together with Hollywood 1.9 the ultimate Multimedia suite for
your Amiga or Pegasos.
About Hollywood Designer:
Hollywood Designer is a state-of-the-art WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get)
editor for presentations. You can create amazing presentations with just a few
clicks and they will be shown with Hollywood then. You can also save your
presentations as stand-alone executables for AmigaOS, WarpOS and MorphOS.
Additionally, your presentations can be saved as Hollywood scripts. Pages can
be exported as single pictures too so that you can e.g. embed them in a HTML page.
The program makes project management very easy by organizing all your project files
in one directory which you can administrate with the inbuilt data manager.
If you create a new project with Hollywood Designer, it will create a whole
enviroment for your work complete with icons, drawers and info files. It just
doesn't get any easier!
Hollywood Designer has everything you would expect from a modern multimedia
application: Many colorful icons, images and toolbars, extensive online help
system, Undo/redo, context menus, recent menu, clipboard usage, keyboard control
and a completely localized interface. It uses a page-pased presentation concept,
which means that your project consists of as many pages as you want and each page
consists of as many objects as you want. Objects are for example texts, animations,
brushes and graphics forms. It has a powerful layout window where you can easily drag
all objects around with the mouse, change the look of your pages and modify the
objects attributes. Everything is implemented in a WYSIWYG way.
The program supports bitmap, color, intelli and truetype fonts for your
texts. You can edit your text objects by using the powerful integrated text
editor or you can import texts from external files into Hollywood Designer.
Clipboard text import and export is also supported of course. There are many
text formatting possibilities like bold, italic, underlined, shadow and outline
text which can be used. Of course the shadow and outline style can be configured
to fit your needs. You can also specify the text alignment (left, right or centered).
You can use brushes and animations to create absolutely unique presentations.
24-bit transparency is supported for both types. You can also scale brushes to
your desired size. Hollywood Designer can insert simple graphics forms into your
presentations like rectangles, ellipses and lines. You can configure the shadow
and border settings of these objects as well as some other attributes like round
edges for rectangles and line thickness. You can choose colors from a pre-defined
palette of popular colors or you can mix your own colors in the powerful color
manager. Hollywood Designer is a complete 24-bit application that can display
every single color of the 16.7 million possible colors.
Every object and every page can be displayed with a transition effect. You
can choose from a massive palette of over 150 different transition effects
which are partly very impressive. You can use cool fly-on effects for your
objects like sine wave fly-on, curved fly-on or bounce fly-on. You can also
remove your objects from the display with transition effects! Objects and pages
can be used to assure the correct timing of your presentation which is precise
Hollywood Designer can play sound samples and Protracker modules when a page
or an object is displayed. You can modify the pitch value, volume, panning and
loop settings of sound samples. Samples are loaded through datatypes so that
you can use almost every format you want, 8 or 16-bit, mono or stereo. Hollywood
Designer supports them all. Additionally full channel mixing is supported which
means that you can play as many sound samples as you want at the same time. And
also Protracker modules can be played at the same time as sound samples. Audio
support is implemented fully retargetable through AHI.
You can also use the program to create interactive presentations, e.g. you
can add menus to your presentation that query user input and react on it.
This allows you to create even complete multimedia applications like front-ends
or disk magazines. Every object can be used as a button that monitors several
events like mouse over, left mouse or right mouse click. If an event occurs,
you can define many actions to take, e.g. show/hide other objects, play sounds,
start programs, switch page, quit presentation and more.
Advanced users who are familiar with the Hollywood script language can also
embed their own Hollywood code in the presentation. Every object and every
page has the option to execute custom Hollywood code to make the presentation
even more unique. Hollywood code can be easily edited within Hollywood Designer
and there are such helpful tools like syntax checking, online reference and
import/export of code.
Your presentation can be displayed in a window on Workbench/Ambient or on a full
screen for a very noble look of your work! You can configure every detail of the
background frame of your presentation. You can use a background pattern, background
color, gradient, an image or even everything together! Presentations can be configured
to loop after they have reached the end and they can also be started in mute mode
without sound output. Hollywood Designer is just the ideal tool for all your
presentation needs on your Amiga or Pegasos.
Hollywood Designer is a modern application that requires a modern system to
work best. A graphics board is strongly recommended as well as much memory. You
should have at least 32 megabytes of free memory. For users with little memory, there
is a low-end setting which will use less resources than the normal version does.
Additionally you will require Hollywood 1.9. Hollywood Designer comes on a CD-ROM
together with example presentations and an extensive documentation which explains
every part of the program. The program is really easy to use. Most things are
self-explaining and for the rest you have the documentation. Everyone can create
stunning presentations now!
The program has direct support for CyberGraphX and Picasso96 as well as for
AHI. There are versions for AmigaOS Classic and for MorphOS (PPC native). The
program was successfully tested on AmigaOS Classic, MorphOS 1.4, WinUAE and
Amithlon. An OS4 version is planned to be available as soon as the operating
system is available. Hollywood Designer is written in a OS friendly way and
should run on every Amiga compatible system. Get creative now with Hollywood Designer!
- State-of-the-art GUI allows you to design your presentations
- Uses the popular page-based presentation concept
- Create presentations with a few clicks
- Easy to use layout part which allows you to drag objects around
- Object, page and color manager are very useful tools to manage your project
- Modern interface design with many colorful icons, toolbars and big images
- Fully WYSIWYG compliant
- Support for Undo/redo and clipboard usage
- Extensive online help interface for all dialogs
- Hollywood Designer is completely localized
- Many context menus for easy access to all popular functions
- Modern project managament with a data manager to organize your project files
- Save your presentations as AmigaOS, WarpOS or MorphOS native executable!
- Every presentation can also be saved as a Hollywood script
- Fully keyboard controllable
- Presentations can be shown in window and full screen mode
Pages & Objects:
- Objects are brushes, animations, rectangles, ellipses, lines or texts
- Each object can have a configurable shadow and border
- Every object can play sounds and can execute timing options
- All objects can be used as buttons to catch events
- Objects can be displayed and removed with a transition effect
- Every object has its own layer and can appear behind other objects
- Objects can also execute your own custom Hollywood code (for advanced users)
- Objects can also be hidden and grouped with the page background
- Full 24-bit transparency support for brushes and animations
- You can use color, bitmap, intelli and truetype fonts
- Different styles are supported for every font type
- Over 150 transition effects can be used for all objects and pages
- Graphics can be scaled to any size
- Pages can have a gradient, image, color or texture background
- Pages can be exported as single pictures too
- All graphics are loaded through datatypes
- Page and object positions can easily be changed
- Rectangles with round edges and thick lines can be used
- Cool fly-on effects with sine wave, curves, bounces, etc.
- Objects and pages can play sound samples and Protracker modules
- You can adjust the pitch, volume, panning and looping of samples
- Audio playback fully retargetable through AHI
- Sound samples are loaded through datatypes
- Support for 8 and 16-bit samples
- You can play virtually any number of samples at the same time
- Sample size is not limited
- Every object can act as a button so you can create interactive presentations
- Objects can catch mouse over, left mouse and right mouse click events
- Many reactions on events are possible (e.g. show or hide other objects, play sounds, start programs, quit presentation, skip page...)
- Custom reactions for events are also possible with Hollywood code (for advanced users)
- Use Hollywood Designer to create your diskmags, front-ends or games!
- Kickstart 3.0 or MorphOS 1.x
- 68020 CPU
- Hollywood 1.9
- Graphics board strongly recommended
- 32 megabyte memory recommended
- 800x600 resolution recommended
More information, screenshots and order possibility are available on the
Airsoft Softwair website.