20-Oct-2019 19:25 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 227 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 200] [201 - 227]
[News] Pre-Realese announcementANN.lu
Posted on 13-May-2004 20:17 GMT by ece227 comments
View flat
View list
After consultation with our German CD production partner, House of Audio, Hyperion Entertainment is pleased to announce that the Developer Pre-Release of AmigaOS 4.0 is now tentatively scheduled for May 21th, 2004. Leuwen, Belgium - May 13 2004. The AmigaOS 4.0 CD will be distributed through your AmigaOne dealer. Source: Amigaworld.net
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 1 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by ece on 13-May-2004 18:20 GMT
"After consultation with our German CD production partner "

Sorry, did a copy and paste thing, please reformat it if u like...
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 2 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Johan Rönnblom on 13-May-2004 19:04 GMT
Ok, now I'm just waiting for another news item when the CD production
partner has actually produced the CD's (rather than having been
"consulted"). Then I guess we'll see a news item when it's been mailed
out to the developers, and one when someone actually received it.

Sorry, but I'm a bit bored with these "OS4 ready, except not"
newsitems. If it's actually true this time then VERY good.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 3 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by JoannaK on 13-May-2004 19:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Johan Rönnblom):
"tentatively scheduled"? ... Seriously? :)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 4 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by itix on 13-May-2004 19:15 GMT
Mmh, I can't interprete this. Does this mean OS4 cd is sent for dealers in 21th May? Or what? "Tentactively scheluded for 21th May" says nothing for me.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 5 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Leif on 13-May-2004 19:21 GMT
WTF does "tentatively" mean ?
Is there a book about how to release something without
release it, containing a number of never-used-complicated-
words, supposed to BAFFLE the readers so much they forget
what date and year they actually live in ?
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 6 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Johan Rönnblom on 13-May-2004 19:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (JoannaK):
I'm just following up on my own post after the last "OS4 ready, except
not" announcement one month ago, http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?show=1082146175&category=news&number=6#comment
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 7 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 13-May-2004 20:09 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Leif):
WTF does "tentatively" mean ?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Atentative

Please, someone, step up and confess that all this is a bad joke. :P
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 8 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Thomas Frieden on 13-May-2004 20:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Leif):
> WTF does "tentatively" mean ?

It means that if nothing goes wrong.

> Is there a book about how to release something without
> release it, containing a number of never-used-complicated-
> words, supposed to BAFFLE the readers so much they forget
> what date and year they actually live in ?

Just because you can't understand english doesn't mean it's wrong.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 9 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Hans-Joerg Frieden on 13-May-2004 20:34 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (JoannaK):
> "tentatively scheduled"? ... Seriously? :)

Yes, seriously. Just today I spend about an hour trying to find out why a package I had sent out didn't arrive yet. It took until late afternoon for the german postal service to actually acknowledge that the package existed.

So yes, seriously.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 10 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 13-May-2004 20:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Seehund):
Apparently it's not (intended to be) a joke:
http://hyperion-entertainment.com/_amiga/news_040513.html

I still cannot fathom why Eyetech's hardware customers haven't been able to simply download the OS. It HAD "gone gold" on APRIL 16, just as that PR said it had. Hadn't it? If it's true that this version was finished on or before 16/4, "gone gold" as it were, then one is lead to assume that the delay is only due to logistics/CD-pressing, which would be an unnecessary (and I can only imagine how frustrating) delay for those with moderately snappy Internet connections.

I suppose going from "will be sent to the duplication plant on Monday, April 19, 2004" to a "tentatively scheduled" developer pre-release is some sort of progress. Congrats all around, I guess! [jumping_gif_smileys_and_boingballs] With the developer pre-release sorta maybe ready any day now, a beta (per the more common definition of the word) can't be far away. Now just imagine if the final product would be allowed to actually be for sale when that's released...
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 11 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Leif on 13-May-2004 20:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Thomas Frieden):
True, Im not a native english speaker.
However, Ive never ever stumbled on this expression before.
And Ive read alot of english.

Anyway, Her is two sentences from the web:

"Tentatively, the final exam will cover the same material covered on the previous
two midterms plus:"

"in a tentative manner; "we agreed tentatively on a dinner date""

Im still baffled :)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 12 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Hans-Joerg Frieden on 13-May-2004 20:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Leif):
> WTF does "tentatively" mean ?

Preliminary/Estimated...

> Is there a book about how to release something without
> release it, containing a number of never-used-complicated-
> words, supposed to BAFFLE the readers so much they forget
> what date and year they actually live in ?

Yes, there is a book. It's called a "dictionary". "Tentatively" is a normal english word. Look it up in "dictionary.com" if you don't know it.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 13 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 13-May-2004 20:41 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Seehund):
then one is lead to assume that the delay is only due to logistics/CD-pressing

Led to assume, and the assumption seems to have been confirmed while I was typing...
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 14 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Leif on 13-May-2004 20:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 12 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
1. Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.
2. Uncertain; hesitant.

Well, there you got it from dictionary.com
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 15 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Hans-Joerg Frieden on 13-May-2004 20:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Seehund):
> I still cannot fathom why Eyetech's hardware customers haven't been able
> to simply download the OS.

How many VIA customers have been able to simply download Windows XP for their machine? I would be interested, because I actually bought my copy.

> If it's true that this version was finished on or before 16/4, "gone gold" as
> it were, then one is lead to assume that the delay is only due to
> logistics/CD-pressing,

It is true, and your suggestive manner of writing doesn't change it. Matter of fact is, there where a few matters to clear up concerning the cover print (four color print turned out to be insufficient since the print would look better on white background)

> which would be an unnecessary (and I can only imagine how frustrating) delay
> for those with moderately snappy Internet connections.

I don't see the need to explain this over again, least of all to someone that repeatedly stated he's never going to be a customer.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 16 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Hans-Joerg Frieden on 13-May-2004 20:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Leif):
See? It isn't necessary to complain if you know where to look it up ;-)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 17 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Leif on 13-May-2004 20:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (Leif):
So, the pressrelease should then read:

After consultation with our German CD production partner, House of Audio, Hyperion Entertainment is pleased to announce that the Developer Pre-Release of AmigaOS 4.0 is now [1. Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional.] [2. Uncertain; hesitant] scheduled for May 21th, 2004. Leuwen, Belgium - May 13 2004.

Now thats news :)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 18 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by JKD on 13-May-2004 21:23 GMT
Man is that badly worded, I'm left trying to work out whether this means all quantities requested are produced and will be available for shipment to distribution or whether this is the day the distributors will have it....or when 'orders' will be filled. Heading over to AW.net to see if it mkaes sense over there.

To anyone who predicted a month to 6 weeks for duplication...looks like you were right on the money.

Who's taking the pool on first and last delivery times worldwide? ;-)

Steve
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 19 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 13-May-2004 21:25 GMT
A lot of people seem to miss the point.
It seems that we have a date ! !

And FYI, Hyperion is expecting "to get the CD's on monday or tuesday".
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 20 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Johan Rönnblom on 13-May-2004 21:48 GMT
In reply to Comment 19 (priest):
Well we had a date before, too. It was the 19th. April..

So now we have another date. The 21st. May..

But it's just "tentative". And it says nowhere that this is the date
when the developers will actually get their pre-release.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 21 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by very anonymous on 13-May-2004 21:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Thomas Frieden):
tentative adj 1: under terms not final or fully worked out or agreed upon; "probationary employees"; "a provisional government"; "just a tentative schedule" [syn: {probationary}, {provisional}, {provisionary}] 2: unsettled in mind or opinion;

Which to me seems to mean nothing has been fully worked out and thus this is just a pre announcement of a might be possible future happening, which may very well not happen. Nice spin there.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 22 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 13-May-2004 22:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
Are you people absofuckinglutely insane? CD pressing delays? 4 color print?? 4 color print is INSUFFICIENT??? For a goddamn 'developer pre-release'???? You don't even seem to understand how ridiculous you guys sound!? The ludicrous winxp comparison was the epitome of irony, coming from someone who has actually defended the idea that it shouldn't be possible to buy the OS without paying a premium on somebody else's monopolized hardware...

What's the next announcement gonna be? The delivery of lavender scent for the CDs was delayed?

Upload an ISO, email Eyetech's teron customers their ftp passwords. Sit down 2 nights and burn the coupla hundred extra CD-Rs yourselves for ppl with POTS modems/no burners. Gone gold, yah right. Sheesh... Party on.

My belief that programmers should be chained to their workstations and be gagged to STFU is strenghtened. :') Let the usual clueless clowns embarrass themselves instead. Hermans, McEwen/Hare, where are ya? This is sad. We want FUNNY!
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 23 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Leo on 13-May-2004 22:40 GMT
>How many VIA customers have been able to simply download Windows XP for their machine? I would be interested, because I actually bought my copy.

When you buy a VIA computer you don't buy a WinXP licence so there's no reason why you would have the right to donwload WinXP. However, if you bought your computer with a WinXP licence, it won't come with a Linux CD (!) but with WinXP a CD... BTW, I never saw any other Company DARING to sell a computer with a licence for an OS that will come when it's done... Only Amiga makes it possible !

Leo.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 24 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Nicolas Mendoza on 13-May-2004 23:49 GMT
Could you please stop the childdish complaints. Since most of you consistently try to come up with things to give negative critics about either Amiga Inc, OS4, Hyperion, Eyetech, could you please try to find some real things to point your finger at instead?

If there is a word you don't understand it's not hard to look it up. Actually nowadays, among educated people its a common procedure to look up information you don't know or don't understand, SPECIALLY if you're going to use it as an argument to try to talk down another one's product.

I'm a norwegian citizen and I have read the word tentatively several times. Actually if I company says to me they are going to release something tentatively at a given date, I have much more confident in them rather than on someone promising a given date with 100% certainty. As you may well know there is no such thing as 100% certainty.

I'm sure you're fed up and tired of the waiting, and some of you have even found yourselves alternative OS-es and that's great for you. But you aren't helping anyone, not even other causes for whoever that fits. Just makes you look desperate that the only thing you can come up is a word that you are having a hard time to understand.

Of course the latter is comforting for OS4 customers ;) When people that never liked OS4 only grasp to feeble arguments, you KNOW it must be good ;)

As an attempt of well-doing, the word tentatively is an adverbial of the adjective tentative. Tentative comes from the latin word Tentare which means to try. Something that is tentative is something that you try to do, but which you can not guarantee 100% will happen.

The examples one of you pasted can be explained like this:

"Tentatively, the final exam will cover the same material covered on the previous two midterms plus:"
means "We will try to make the exam in such a way that it covers the same material covered on the previous midterms" or "Basically the exam will cover the same as the previous midterm, but additions or changes may happen "

"in a tentative manner; "we agreed tentatively on a dinner date""
means: "Although we may happen to be occupied at that time we set up a date to have dinner, lets hope it works out" more or less

More info: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=tentatively

PS. I'm Norwegian and thus not a native english speaker.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 25 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 14-May-2004 00:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 9 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
hmm, I wonder if they are better or worse than CanadaPost...
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 26 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 14-May-2004 00:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Seehund):
"I still cannot fathom why Eyetech's hardware customers haven't been able to simply download the OS."

I'll ignore the piracy issue, but not everyone has broadband. Not to mention good broadband.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 27 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Kronos on 14-May-2004 01:15 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Anonymous):
What piracy issue ??

Due to that super-intelegent licence (smell some sarcasm ?) everybody who has a computer able to run that OS, has allready paid for it. Copying a CD is just as easy as to give away a FTP-password, so the whole piracy-excuse is rather thin.
Giving it away on a FTP does NOT mean you can't send out CDs to those who can't download/burn it.

This "prerelease" has been announced as early as late 2003, so issues like cover-art, could (and should) have been cleared month ago. Taking > 1 month from "going gold" to actually producing the CDs is another joke, either they have choosen the wrong production-company, or they never went gold that early.

I can also rememmber some whinning about the number of posts for small SW-updates on this site (oddly only when those were targeted for a certain OS ;) ), but how many "prerelease ready"-posts did whe have since they annonced it 6 months ago ?
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 28 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by T_Bone on 14-May-2004 02:27 GMT
I haven't been reading the news for a while, I thought this happened in April? Wasn't there a big bruhaha about going gold or something?
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 29 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Darth_X on 14-May-2004 02:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 26 (Anonymous):
Anonymous? Please, aren't there any real people here?
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 30 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by BAF on 14-May-2004 03:28 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
Perhaps if you were more an *miga user and less a windows user things would have been finished sooner.

This is not meant as a personal attack, simply an observation that if you necessity is the mother of invention. ;)

What bugs me the most is the righteous BAF's who use windows for day to day use because their *miga's don't do what they need.

These same people bag people who use uae, amithlon, mos or aros to meet the needs.

Surely it is better that someone uses one of these options than uses windows?
Its part of the same (dysfunctional) family.

I hope os4 comes out soon and the lame announcements stop.
Stop releasing "tentative" news and wait until you have solid news.

as an aside
I would have thought you would have had all the terms of the deal with the cd manufacturer sorted before sending out the "gold" master...this smells wrong again.

non windows user by choice.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 31 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Darth_X on 14-May-2004 03:39 GMT
In reply to Comment 25 (Anonymous):
A Canadian troll... ! :P
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 32 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Mouthface on 14-May-2004 03:52 GMT
You need girl to sell OS4? Here she be...
http://www.kharkovsex.com/gal/adaf/h50_29g.htm
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 33 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by hooligan/dcs on 14-May-2004 04:13 GMT
Can't wait to get my hands on the FTH-OS4pre.lha =)

Jokes asides.. hopefully this deadline holds and people get to play with the new OS. I expect to see reviews soon!
Tu set the irony in full motion, why not release MOS1.5 the same day hehe
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 34 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by takemehomegrandma on 14-May-2004 04:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
Congratulations! :-)

I think this is good "news" (perhaps "status update" would be a better term?). It's not even "just another two weeks" away ;-P (although three weeks has passed since the actual news about the "pre-release goes gold" was posted, and my guess is that it will take about "another two weeks", after this coming single week has passed, until the dealers got it and then the end-users, it could be as much as a month of additional waiting time counting from today).


> Matter of fact is, there where a few matters to clear up concerning the
> cover print (four color print turned out to be insufficient since the print
> would look better on white background)

I do feel that you are perhaps aiming too high on this. People have waited a decade/4 years (depends on how you define it) for this release, a release that obviously was finnished already a month ago. But instead of just simply open up an FTP and/or mailing out some home burnt CDR's in a paper envelope to everyone (you know, one of the kind that printer drivers etc are shipped with), you are spending a month of time waiting for a "CD Production Plant" and redesigning CD covers in 4 colour print! This is definitely a big overkill for a "developer pre-release" aimed for some hundred(s?) die-hard Amiga geeks; i.e. a product that's not even finnished in a first "final" release. Well, it's really none of my business how you decide to spend your time and money, and it's not that I am on the waiting list anyway, but tell me; are you going to go through this whole process with every slightest future updated version of this pre-release until the first final version is here?
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 35 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by takemehomegrandma on 14-May-2004 05:00 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (Anonymous):
> Upload an ISO, email Eyetech's teron customers their ftp passwords. Sit down
> 2 nights and burn the coupla hundred extra CD-Rs yourselves for ppl with
> POTS modems/no burners.

I am sure that most *dealers* wouldn't mind burning a few copies to their respective customers that does not have broad band access or CD burner.

Or another way (if it for some strange reasons simply *must* be a CD ONLY approach) could perhaps have been to upload an ISO to an FTP that is exclusive for dealers? I'm sure that none of them would mind, you could perhaps offer them a small number of finnished products for free as compensation. That way, a lot of time and money would have been saved, and everyone would have had their CD's already two weeks ago.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 36 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by takemehomegrandma on 14-May-2004 05:07 GMT
In reply to Comment 33 (hooligan/dcs):
> I expect to see reviews soon! Tu set the irony in full motion, why not
> release MOS1.5 the same day hehe

:-D

That would certainly put some "release times" in perspective! :-)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 37 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by ikir on 14-May-2004 05:21 GMT
Well done Hyperion.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 38 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 14-May-2004 05:47 GMT
Here the site for the people who will be burning the most important Amiga CD`s ever?
<herf="www.houseofaudio.com">house of audio web site</a> and
Google Search
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 39 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 14-May-2004 05:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 28 (T_Bone):
"I haven't been reading the news for a while, I thought this happened in April? Wasn't there a big bruhaha about going gold or something?"

"Gone gold" means it went to (mass) production.

This "news" tells when they expect CD's to become available for A1 dealers.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 40 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 14-May-2004 05:57 GMT
Hast it occurred to anyone that the whole 4 colour cover and cd thing could be because Hyperion is also "beta testing" the packaging? If they can get the design and process sorted out now, that's one less thing to worry about come release time.

I guess it's much easier to bitch and moan. But it is entertaining for the rest of us :)

It's not like any MorphOS release was ever delayed...
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 41 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by priest on 14-May-2004 06:06 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Johan Rönnblom):
I think it's still big difference to "when it's ready".

Now it's like "summer is tentatively shceduled to be released 1st of June".
If asteroid hit earth and generates "nuclear winter", then not.


I fully understand why Hyperion now tell AmigaOS fans more exact dates than before (they are now so close & fans are really desperate/impatient. Also I understand why they still use the "tantative" word. They try to minimize possible effects of murphy's Law.

But IMO: It WAS a mistake to post it to ANN as "news".
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 42 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Eva on 14-May-2004 06:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 41 (priest):
But IMO: It WAS a mistake to post it to ANN as "news".
___________

Absolutely rigt.
It shoud be time for them to close mouth and speck only when things are real, not "possible".
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 43 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 14-May-2004 06:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 15 (Hans-Joerg Frieden):
How many VIA customers have been able to simply download Windows XP for their machine? I would be interested, because I actually bought my copy.

What's that got to do with anything? Eyetech's customers have hitherto payed for AmigaOS with all Terons sold, haven't they? The "Earlybird" offer? People who buy their hardware from licensed hardware distributors are the only ones who can buy and use AmigaOS4+ anyway. Neither this "developer pre-release" nor the final product will actually be for sale directly to end customers.

(Besides, time-limited OS pre-releases have been available for free download - and on CD - from Microsoft for quite some time now.)

>... one is lead to assume that the delay is only due to
> logistics/CD-pressing,

It is true, and your suggestive manner of writing doesn't change it. Matter of fact is, there where a few matters to clear up concerning the cover print (four color print turned out to be insufficient since the print would look better on white background)


Suggestive manner or not, nothing I wrote was intended to change or say anything else than what I wrote, and as you say it turned out to be true, so what's the beef this time?
My point was simply that to me this whole CD pressing, cover printing(!) and distribution ordeal seems to be overkill bordering on the ridiculous, a waste of time and resources (which we have been told are limited), when the purpose is just to get a developer pre-release out to people who have already payed for the final software and have waited for this sneak-peek since it was first announced to be released, before Christmas IIRC. Fancy or not-so-fancy CDs and Internet distribution aren't mutually exclusive, but that seems to be the theory behind the way that this is handled.

I'm not complaining, just wondering, and I think that the general "WTF?" feeling of this thread isn't exactly unexpected.

I don't see the need to explain this over again, least of all to someone that repeatedly stated he's never going to be a customer.

Pretend that whoever you're talking about isn't reading your reply then, and please tell the rest of us. I'm pretty sure I have never read an explanation to why a developer pre-release must only be distributed on professionally pressed CDs with colour printed covers, and why such details should be allowed to introduce month-long delays for simply getting something that's already been announced as finished out there. (I'm sorry if I missed such an explanation, but then hopefully someone will have a link handy.)

Speculation: This is going to be the final release of AmigaOS 4.0, and you're just teasing! ;)
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 44 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Framiga on 14-May-2004 06:52 GMT
That's real sad :-(

If Hyperion posts a news . . .you aren't happy.

If Hyperion doesn't post a news . . . you aren't happy too.

What the hell do you prefer?

BTW . . to ALL the "anonymous" . . .please . . grow up, just a little bit. It isn't dangerous!!!
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 45 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 14-May-2004 06:53 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (Kronos):
BTW, do you actually remeber the lame excuse, why Hyperion didn`t officialy attend the Aachen fair in 2002? Right, because they had to make the OS 4.0 packages ready for the os 4.0 launch at Cebit!! *lol*
Hyperion, Eyetech and Amiga inc, they are all a big bunch of liars!
And then they ask, why noone actually believ in yard, yet another release date!
If one of them would tell me, the weather is nice, i would have a look myself out of the window, and also take my umbrella with me..
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 46 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by code on 14-May-2004 06:56 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Thomas Frieden):
@Frieden brothers

You sure know how to insult people.

The fact that someone else trolls doesn't mean you have to bite it. That doesn't look very professional.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 47 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by takemehomegrandma on 14-May-2004 07:38 GMT
In reply to Comment 43 (Seehund):
> Speculation: This is going to be the final release of AmigaOS 4.0, and you're
> just teasing! ;)

That would be the *only* reasonable explanation IMO.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 48 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Rassilon on 14-May-2004 07:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 43 (Seehund):
@Seehund

Now I know I am rising to troll bait, but is the main reason you refer to the AmigaOne boards as 'Terons' just to wind people up?

I ask because obviously it winds me up. To save you the trouble of replying 'Well thats what they are, rebadged Teron boards'. Would you call any other product by its development name and not its released name?

Rassilon
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 49 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox on 14-May-2004 08:03 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Mouthface):
"You need girl to sell OS4? Here she be..."

The problem is how to sell Amigas TO girls.
Pre-Realese announcement : Comment 50 of 227ANN.lu
Posted by Don Cox on 14-May-2004 08:08 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (takemehomegrandma):
"> Speculation: This is going to be the final release of AmigaOS 4.0, and you're
> just teasing! ;)

That would be the *only* reasonable explanation IMO."

The numbers are purely arbitrary anyway.

This would be called "4.0 beta" if somebody (fleecy?) hadn't decided at some point that there would be no beta release.
Anonymous, there are 227 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 150] [151 - 200] [201 - 227]
Back to Top