|[Files] WookieChat 1.2 released||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 14-Jul-2004 02:51 GMT by James Carroll||8 comments|
WookieChat is a new IRC client for Amiga's and compatibles. Download it from the usual place.. WookieChat Homepage
I havent fixed the enforcer hits yet, and I'm about to go on holiday for the next month, so I wanted to get what I've done (up until now) out there for people to use.|
- Installation script added
- "Perform on connect" support added. So you can join channels, register with nickserv, etc,
automatically when you connect to a server. Edit the Group entry to change your connect script.
- Support added for server passwords
- No longer crashes when you are missing any of the three MUI custom classes that WookieChat requires.
It will give an error message instead.
- You can now /part channels and close private message (query windows) tabs by clicking the X button
in the top left hand corner.
- If you try to use a command that isnt yet supported, the "/" prefix in the line you typed will
be removed and the rest of the line will be sent to the server. /mode and /nickserv now work
because of this.This might help with future IRC developments too.. i.e. when new commands become
available on networks, the client doesnt have to be updated to support them.
- Bug fix: when you were disconnected from IRC by either the server or by typing /quit, the
program would go into a never ending loop locking up the program. fixed.
- Bug fix: When a server name was too big for its button, it created weird problems. Now when a server
name is too long, the string is restricted to 10 characters. So hopefully multiple server support
works better now.
- Bug fix: Can connect to the Galaxynet network fine now.
- Bug fix: when connecting to a server in a new tab, sometimes the previous tab you were in wouldnt
change its selected state to FALSE.
- Bug fix: No longer crashes if you load WookieChat without first loading a TCP/IP stack. When you
attempt to connect to a server, it loads bsdsocket.library if it hasnt been already, and if it fails it
gives an error message.
- Change: Nicklist listviews are a fixed size now, so when the window is small, you can still see
the status symbols to the left of peoples nicks
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 1 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by prowler on 14-Jul-2004 02:49 GMT|
|"WookieChat is a new IRC client for Amiga's and compatibles."|
Seeing the words Amiga and compatible used together just feels so weird.
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 2 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by hooligan/dcs on 14-Jul-2004 05:44 GMT|
|Nice to see fast progress! Have a nice holiday.. don't forget to take a laptop with UAE installed with you so you can continue improving the program while lying on the grass and drinking pina colada ;-)|
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 3 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Jupp3 on 14-Jul-2004 06:33 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 2 (hooligan/dcs):|
>don't forget to take a laptop with UAE installed with you so you can continue improving the program
I did that too. Luckily, none of my projects would compile on the GCC installation I had :-)
Oh, and nice to see fast progress!
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 4 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by James Carroll on 14-Jul-2004 08:15 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 2 (hooligan/dcs):|
I wanted a laptop to take with me, but I still cant afford one. Maybe when I get a job when I get back to New Zealand..
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 5 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by James Carroll on 14-Jul-2004 08:27 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 3 (Jupp3):|
> Oh, and nice to see fast progress!
I really wanted to get those enforcer hits fixed before releasing another archive, but I'm going to run out of time.. my flight leaves next week Thursday and I'm still waiting for the prerelease for my A1. OS4 will have some good debugging stuff in it, so I'd like to utilise that, rather than learn how to use something else for WinUAE which I wont use again afterwards (when I've got OS4).
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 6 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by damn on 14-Jul-2004 08:30 GMT|
|it's getting better and better! good to see the fast progress =)|
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 7 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by corpse on 14-Jul-2004 18:14 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 4 (James Carroll):|
Not getting a laptop now is probably a good idea, the whole dead/stuck pixel issue is still a complete nightmare, one really(near the middle of the display)annoying dead pixel appeared on this two week old machine a couple days ago and I'll probably have to go to a small claims court to get it sorted. However technically my brand spanking new lappy is currently not covered by warranty because I'm using Debian according to "tech support" heh.
|WookieChat 1.2 released : Comment 8 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by The_Editor on 14-Jul-2004 20:32 GMT|
|Hey James. Works well.|
Need a beep when pm is activated though !!
Good stuff ... Well worth the dosh I'm gonna send ya.
|Anonymous, there are 8 items in your selection ||