|Posted on 14-Sep-2004 22:13 GMT by snowblood||8 comments|
OpenTTD is a clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe, a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.
The new version comes with several smaller and bigger changes.
- Add more translations
- Add: Generalised A* Algorithm
- Add: Generalised queues (Fifo, Stack, InsSort, BinaryHeap)
- "None" as option for number of industries in difficulty settings
- Add many random industries and towns in scenario editor
- Added level land button to scenario editor (chrishuebsch)
- Added never_expire_vehicles to patches GUI (Chris Huebsch)
- Added new icons for landscaping toolbar (drawn by sign_de)
- Align toolbar left/center/right patch (TrueLight)
- All TTDLX kind of savegames are supported (.SS1, .SV1, .SV2, .SV0, .SS0).
- Alpha version of a new AI (TrueLight)
- Autodetect server in LAN via udp (Sign)
- Build_date of station (viewable with Query tool)
- Company HQ can now be moved somewhere else (cost 1% of company value). Water floods HQ.
- Competitors menu under patches
- Copy/share orders now works from ship depot window for ships and hangar window for aircraft
- Difficulty settings window has been changed (Darkvater)
- Enable/disable all buttons in message settings
- Executeable is now openttd(.exe) always
- Ingame console (sign_de)
- Invalid (void) orders in schedule are highlighted in red (Celestar)
- Invisible trees when in transparent mode (patch entry)
- Option to sort vehicles in vehicle-list window by different criteria.
- Proper crediting to graphics artists to about box.
- Removing town roads has been finetuned.
- Terraforming toolbar (in the plant tree menu)
- Working multiplayer gui (sign_de)
- A lot of network fixing (sign_de)
- A lot of old AI fixed
- Autosave folder was not created on MorphOS
- Coast line near edge of map and near oilrigs (Dribbel)
- Delete canal under bridge wasn't possible
- Error message for 'game load failed' when no town is in a scenario
- Game not pausing when saveload dialog is clicked in main menu
- Load Scenario fix
- Memory leak in news system (blathijs)
- Monorail/maglev became available around 1927
- Move around sort-widgets a bit so it looks more natural
- Old scenarios have correct colour
- Placing/editing signs signs is possible in paused mode
- Playing new game with scenarios in windows works
- Problems around exclusive transport rights (Celestar)
- Railroad crossings on slopes are now possible
- Random crash when player-face was displayed in error-dialog
- Rare mousewheel scrolling with scrollbar crash
- Road vehicles don't get stuck any more at stations (Truelight + Celestar)
- Savegames are sorted with newest date first by default
- Scenario editor now asks before it generates a random landscape
- Slopes graphics fix (dominik)
- Starting a new game in DesertLandscape crashed the game
- Stupid bug in company league window if non-player is first
- Wrong building of road-slopes for a future AI/Town
- Wrong pathfinding when northern station tile is missing (blathijs)
- You cannot take ownership of an oilrig by building right next to it
- [SDL] Performance fix fo palette animation and mouse jumping (jirif)
- [SDL] Same resolution was displayed more than once in game options
- [SDL] Smoother mouse and performance fix, like in Win32 (jirif)
For a full list of changes, new features and fixes have a look to the Changelog inside the archive.
Before you can run OpenTTD, you need the following files from the original Windows version of Transport Tycoon Delux as OpenTTD makes use of the original TTD artwork: sample.cat, trg1r.grf, trgcr.grf, trghr.grf, trgir.grf, trgtr.grf.
The archive for MorphOS and other systems can be downloaded from SourceForge.net.
The MorphOS/AmigaOS maintainer does not own a 'real' amiga anymore, but the game should compile fine on all MorphOS compatible systems, someone just has to make the build (gcc, libnix, libsdl, libz and libpng required). Actually everyone with a little bit knowledge should be able to make a build. Source is available on sourceforge (tarball) or SVN (current repository/snapshot).
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 1 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Anonymous (126.96.36.199) on 14-Sep-2004 21:26 GMT|
|Very nice! Thise game rule! :-)|
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 2 of 8||ANN.lu|
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 3 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Rik Sweeney (188.8.131.52) on 15-Sep-2004 06:18 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 2 (Johan "Hagge" Krüger-Haglert):|
I expect the current Amiga / MorphOS maintainers will update their ports shortly.
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 4 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Andrea Maniero (184.108.40.206) on 15-Sep-2004 07:30 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 3 (Rik Sweeney):|
Actually, if any of you had checked the link, he would have found that the MOS binaries are there, since MOS diffs are part of the CVS source since 0.3.3 (IIRC). ;) Actually, the third fix in the fix-list is MOS specific even...
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 5 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by miksuh (220.127.116.11) on 15-Sep-2004 11:46 GMT|
|Good news, I hope there will be also m68k And OS4 vewrsions soon :)|
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 6 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by brotheris (18.104.22.168) on 15-Sep-2004 15:04 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 5 (miksuh):|
One guy from amigaworld.net was making native OS4 version some time ago.
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 7 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Leo (22.214.171.124) on 15-Sep-2004 22:07 GMT|
|Still problems with move move in window mode :(|
|OpenTTD 0.3.4 : Comment 8 of 8||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Leo (126.96.36.199) on 15-Sep-2004 22:16 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 7 (Leo):|
I meant "mouse move" (ie: scrolling with right mb hold)...
|Anonymous, there are 8 items in your selection ||