Martin Heine wrote:
"German manufacturer DCE announces a G3/G4-based PowerPC-Microserver on a PCI-card for Q3/2001."
"Possible usage of the Microserver as (among others):
- Amiga-PPC-solution in DCE-PCI-expansions
- complete system in combination with a passive backplane
- PPC-Cluster in combination with BPlans Pegasos-mainboard
The DCE Microserver G3/G4, the G-Rex 1200/4000 and the existing P5-PPC-boards will be supported by MorphOS. In later releases there will be a JIT (just in time)-emulation.
- G3/G4 CPU 450-733 MHz 1-4 MB Cache
- up to 1 GB 133 MHz SDRAM
- 100 Mbit Ethernet
- optional Firewire
- PCI 2.1 Master/Agent
Furthermore MorphOS gives the possibility to use really PPC-native software as, for example:
- AmiTCP V5
- Bochs (PC-Emulator)
- Office-package Papyrus from Rom-Logicware, that's being ported by Titan.
- and many other programmes currently being ported."