Malibu 1.0 - the Scala plugin for Hollywood - is out now. When Malibu is
installed, Hollywood will suddenly be able to display your Scala presentations.
The compatibility is very high. You can run almost every Scala script. In
24-bit of course and absolutely RTG friendly! You can even compile your
Scala presentations to AmigaOS executables or native MorphOS executables!
A truly unique feature! Malibu is available in a version for AmigaOS3 as well
as in a native MorphOS PPC version. Malibu requires at least Hollywood 1.5
and can be ordered in a discounted bundle together with the Hollywood 1.5
update or the Hollywood 1.5 full version.
Malibu is a plugin for Hollywood which contains an import filter for Scala
presentations. As soon as Malibu is installed, Hollywood will suddenly be
able to show Scala presentations or compile them.
With Malibu it is now possible for the first time to display Scala presentations
on Workbench screen or on your own public screen. Because the whole
emulation runs on top of Hollywood's multimedia application layer everything
will be first converted to 24-bit and then displayed. In many cases the quality
of the pictures that Malibu displays is much better than the original Scala quality
because Scala often had to remap many pictures with very different colors
to a 8-bit display which resulted in a massive loss of color information.
Malibu emulates nearly the whole Scala command set and supports all
Scala versions up to Scala InfoChannel 500 which was the last Amiga version
of Scala. Emulation is done by the elCapitan microkernel which tries to
achieve the best performance possible on the used system. For example,
the next page is already calculated while the current page is on the display.
Complex transition effects can also be pre-calculated and then displayed
Scala is a program which helped the Amiga to become a real Multimedia
wonder. There were no products for a long long time that could beat an
Amiga with Scala. Therefore Scala was widely used in all different production
fields, from movies and television to big shows. Everyone who has worked
with Scala knows what powers it has. But this power is only possible
because Scala is very hard coded to the Amiga's custom chips which
leads to the problem that it does not run on graphics boards and also has
some other major problems with today's Amiga systems. For many years
all sorts of users complained that there is no Scala that runs RTG compatible.
This time is over now. Scala revives with the Malibu plugin: On the Workbench?
Of course. In 24-bit? You can bet your life on that. Always RTG conform? Absolutely.
Don't miss out! Watching Scala presentations on Workbench is a complete
new feeling which every Amiga user should experience.
- Impressive Scala transitions (e.g. Superimpose, Roll on, Flow, Push, Diagonal)
- Support for Scala text styles outline, shadow, charspacing, underline
- Scala forms: Ellipses, rectangles, lines & polygons
- Emulation of backgrounds with raster type
- Complete brush support (incl. crop & resize)
- Animations are supported
- Transition effects for all Scala objects
- Support for styles like bevel & background
- Runs completely in 24-bit mode
- Color fonts are supported
- Smooth scrolling for Scala fly-ons
- Emulation of all graphics attributes
- Brush transparency is fully supported
- Objects can be removed from screen with transition effects
- All palette settings are respected and correctly converted
- Support for sound modules and samples
- Audio output through AHI incl. full mixing
- Sound fades are supported
- Sound implementation is retargetable for use on Pegasos, Amithlon...
- All Scala versions up to InfoChannel 500 are supported
- Margin settings and tabulators are respected
- Scala variables can be used
- Buttons and events are emulated
- Almost complete emulation of Scala command set
- Scala presentations can be compiled
- Emulation can be configured in detail
- Complete independent from enviroment; does not matter if Cgfx, P96, AGA, ECS or OCS is active
- Absolutely system friendly
- Hollywood 1.5 or better
- Kickstart 3.0 or better
- 68020 processor
- Graphics board recommended
- 16 megabyte memory recommended
Visit the Airsoft Softwair Homepage for
screenshots, detailed info and ordering of Malibu.