16-Nov-2019 23:54 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 141 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 141]
[News] AmigaOne news updateANN.lu
Posted on 15-Mar-2002 18:41 GMT by Teemu I. Yliselä141 comments
View flat
View list
Eyetech have released a detailed update on the status of AmigaOne. Boards targetted at developers, dealers and beta testers can be preordered now here. These ship with LinuxPPC. Full volume production should start in May alongside AmigaOS4.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 1 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Teemu I. Yliselä on 15-Mar-2002 17:43 GMT
OK, here it is one more time, after I actually read the update. ;)
AmigaOne news update : Comment 2 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 15-Mar-2002 18:30 GMT
350 UK pounds is very reasonable IMO. If OS4.0 proves to be
worthwhile, I think I might be tempted in a month or so.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 3 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 15-Mar-2002 18:46 GMT
Hm, they mentioned ROMs to be distributed with separately sold OS4 packages. I wonder if they fit in the socket of a Teron CX. Then one could get an AmigaOne (though with ATA66 instead of UDMA100) for "less than USD 300" (price according to e-mail from MAI Logic - the USD 3,900 mentioned are for developer boards including support).
AmigaOne news update : Comment 4 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Graham on 15-Mar-2002 18:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Seehund):
Post the email then.
MAI are not making motherboards except as proof of concept. So your hopes of getting them for under $300 are sadly mistaken, unless you can come up with the name of the distributor that is selling them on the open market for this price already.
Graham
AmigaOne news update : Comment 5 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 15-Mar-2002 19:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 4 (Graham):
From: "Marketing Department" <marketing@mai.com>
To: <NOSPAM>
Subject: Re: Pricing
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:18:45 -0800
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400
Hi Emanuel,
Thanks for your interest in Mai Logic products. The Teron CX evaluation
board is priced at US $3,900 ( technical suppport is also included in the
price). However, we also sell commercial Teron CX boards that include bare
board without CPU and SDRAM for less than US $300. We will provide the CPU
of your choice at the current market price seperately.
Please let me know if you would be interested.
Regards
Vasudha Badri
Marketing Manager
Mai Logic
510-656-0100x170
****
Of course I realise that MAI don't design and manufacture the complete boards, just the Articia S chip. I do however wonder how much a board would cost if bought directly from the manufacturer. I mailed MAI back with some more questions, but have not yet recieved a reply.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 6 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 15-Mar-2002 19:13 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Seehund):
s/recieved/received, sorry...
AmigaOne news update : Comment 7 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Graham on 15-Mar-2002 19:21 GMT
In reply to Comment 5 (Seehund):
So it all depends on the price of the CPU really, and on how the two boards differ featurewise, apart from the Amiga ROM requirement for it to run AmigaOS4.<p>
PPC chips have never been cheap, AFAICT, so add $100 onto the price of the board for these, Also the CX has an older southbridge design than the one on the AmigaOne, but that might have changed on MAI's commercial CX board as well.
Please post the reply you get to your latest question.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 8 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 15-Mar-2002 19:24 GMT
In reply to Comment 6 (Seehund):
Why do you want to cut out Eyetech ?? or Hyperion ?? Cost ?? C'mon, fair dues where its due. They have done the work. Dont you think its only fair that they should reap some kind of reward for their time/investment ? or do you think its somehow your god given right to have anything to do with Amiga for Free/next to nothing ??
Thats a quick way to really kill our platform !! So dont be a cheapskate !!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 9 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by cOrpse on 15-Mar-2002 20:19 GMT
the main difference between the a1 and teronCX is the Amiga OS rom , this will act not only as a part of the os but like a protection key , and i don`t think the TeronCX can use the Amiga OS rom as stated it the eyetech release . saying that the TeronCX will be perfectly fine to run linux ppc on but i myself would prefer an amy box :)
BTw . I think modern macs also use such a rom setup , which is installed (or should that be flashed ? i dunno the detail of mac hardware , maybe it even loads off h/d ?) on installing os 9 ( not so sure of X , but thats really bsd nehows ).
AmigaOne news update : Comment 10 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 15-Mar-2002 20:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Anonymous):
They have done work?
Who?
Eyetech?
Eyetech has not done anything in the last 2 years, completely nothing.
They lured us with airy promises for 2 years and they could not make these promises come true.
Now look carefully at Eyetech's hands.
They did not do anything about these Teron boards. They did not make any effort on them. They just want to sell us boards that we can buy straight from the producer.
What's more - they have NOT bought these boards. They did not pay a penny and now they want us to give them money to buy them!!!
That's what they want: they just want to make money on us.
Not fair, don't you think?
Are we to be grateful for that? Funny.
Hyperion is different.
Writing Amiga PPC OS is a load of work, sure worth $62.50.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 11 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 15-Mar-2002 20:27 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Anonymous):
You call comparing prices an attempt to "kill our platform"? If being economically sensible makes me a "cheapskate" then so be it. And what does Hyperion have to do with the price of the PPC boards Eyetech are redistributing?
I will probably buy a board from Eyetech (if not now, then when they come with MegArray CPU sockets like on e.g. the Teron PX) for the guaranteed AOS4 compatibility, but if somebody successfully runs OS4 on a cheaper board with the same specs from another distributor I'd be plain stupid if I bought a more expensive board from Eyetech just because they call them "Amiga One".
BTW, Graham, I don't think a separate G3/600 costs anywhere near $100. You get a complete, overpriced, Mac PCI expansion card with a G3 for around $200.
Besides, I've already got a couple of G3's and a G4 lying around...
AmigaOne news update : Comment 12 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Troels Ersking on 15-Mar-2002 20:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
It's so easy to write as anonymous and then state things like they were facts, even though you are wrong...
"Eyetech has not done anything in the last 2 years, completely nothing.
They lured us with airy promises for 2 years and they could not make these promises come true. "
They promised us that they would sell us a PPC board, this new board is better than the original design from Escena, why complain about that?
"Now look carefully at Eyetech's hands.
They did not do anything about these Teron boards. They did not make any effort on them. They just want to sell us boards that we can buy straight from the producer."
So you can buy them straight from the company? Who's producing them? You think you will get them cheaper there? beeing a little naive?
Anyway, the Eyetech board is NOT a Teron, just made by same company that designed the Teron (not Mai...) with same chipset from Mai.
"What's more - they have NOT bought these boards. They did not pay a penny and now they want us to give them money to buy them!!!
That's what they want: they just want to make money on us."
Offcourse they havn't bought the boards yet! Pre-orders are taken for a developer/Linux board, you don't pay until the board is shipped (that the law!).
The full production for distribution through your local shop will not start until AmigaOS 4 is finished... Offcourse they wants to make money on us, it's no charity, you know.
Troels E
AmigaOne news update : Comment 13 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by SlimJim on 15-Mar-2002 21:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
I'd say something nasty and sarcastic about your "facts", but I refrain from
that.
Instead I'll just ignore you and say that I, at least, will pay up for an Amiga1(.5) as
soon as the boards go into final production (alas, I am not a developer).
-
SlimJim
AmigaOne news update : Comment 14 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by 4pLaY on 15-Mar-2002 21:03 GMT
After reading some comments here and on mooh bunny im suprised at how fucking lame the last boys of the amiga community is NOTHING fucking NOTHING is good enough for you boys! ive never seen som many whiners in any community before! im amazed people still feel like developing stuff for us! i realy hope some of you people grow up sometimes! but then again what can you expect from the hardest hanging-in-there-fanatics that are left!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 15 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by redrumloa on 15-Mar-2002 21:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
YEEEEEEEEESH always have to get one of these jerks.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 16 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Mika Hanhijärvi on 15-Mar-2002 21:20 GMT
Didn't you guys read the update at all ? Eyetech says like this:
"MAI logic are a chipset manufacturer, not a PPC motherboard manufacturer, but they had commissioned a low volume, high cost evaluation board, the Teron Cx, to help sell their chipsets. The Teron Cx was never designed to, or intended to, go into volume production. We therefore asked them if they could recommend a design company who was familiar with using the Articia S in PPC motherboard design. They recommended the same (Far Eastern) company that designed their Teron Cx evaluation board."
So it shoudl be quite clear that Amigaone is not 100% Teron cx which is an evaluation board. And MAI didnät even desing TeronCX. teronCX is designed by someone else for MAI and AmigaOne is designed by that same company.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 17 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Mika Hanhijärvi on 15-Mar-2002 21:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 16 (Mika Hanhijärvi):
And thats why AmigaOne and TeronCX are so similar, but not identical.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 18 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Mika Hanhijärvi on 15-Mar-2002 21:33 GMT
I think this is great news :D Our dream will finally come true. I really can't understand those guys who already started whine in this thread.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 19 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Thomas on 15-Mar-2002 21:44 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
Only stupid guys like you can make the Amiga market look so dumb! Eyetech is a business company. They sell hardware to Amiga users. What do you expect them to do? Give the products away just bcoz you want them too?
Do something useful instead of complaining on Eyetech, lamer!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 20 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by ehaines on 15-Mar-2002 22:30 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (SlimJim):
>(alas, I am not a developer).
Well, neither am I. But I saw nothing in the update that said being a
developer was a requirement. Apparently you just have to be willing
to install LinuxPPC and download the OS4.0 beta yourself, plus you'd
save $50. Cool stuff to play with for sure (especially the OS4.0
beta). In fact, unless someone from Eyetech says not to, I'll order
one myself in a few days. It's really time for new hardware...this
is the BEST thing to happen in years. (And here I thought the Pegasos
would definitely be be released first, oh well!)
P.S. To the fools trying to save a few bucks with the idea of getting
a Terox Cx motherboard: didn't you read the update? It lacks features
of the AmigaOne and won't run OS4.0. Certainly you can expect to not
get any support, so what's the point?
AmigaOne news update : Comment 21 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigo on 15-Mar-2002 22:36 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Anonymous):
dude, you may have the money, but some of us don't. i dont think he's a cheapskate but smart. why shouldnt people save money if they can, even if they do have the money to buy the more costly alternate? what do you think about the reverse then, say someone has supported amiga/eyetech/whoever inc. and one day that person is down on their luck and flat broke. is amiga or anyone going to send them a check so they can make one month's rent or something and say "thanks for being there when we needed you. we're returning the favor," ?
pah-leez
AmigaOne news update : Comment 22 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigo on 15-Mar-2002 22:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (amigo):
and before i get flamed im not saying that they shouldnt be supported. but we are people too just as they are trying to earn a living. theres nothing wrong with being smart about your money. or if you cant afford the most expensive to take advantage of a cheaper alternative is perfectly fine and yes i do think it's my God given right.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 23 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Tony Gore on 15-Mar-2002 23:01 GMT
But Eyetech have already stated that the boards are physically different and AmigaOS 4 will not run on the CX board. So there is no need to start yet another flaming thread over what should be read as good news. It's not like there won't be another board to compete with A1 soon anyway, so buy that one.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 24 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Leki on 16-Mar-2002 00:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (4pLaY):
why do you think its an amiga user?.....its most probably some idiot windoze user who is pissed off because the AmigaOne is actually happening and he`s mad because all his troll comments he`s been saying over the last few months on amiga news sites and message boards have been proved wrong.....so thats his very lame attempt at trying to make the release of the AmigaOne look bad.
....anyway....woohoo i`m ordering my AmigaOne tommorw :)
AmigaOne news update : Comment 25 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by ehaines on 16-Mar-2002 00:16 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (amigo):
> what do you think about the
> reverse then, say someone has supported amiga/eyetech/whoever inc.
> and one day that person is down on their luck and flat broke. is
> amiga or anyone going to send them a check so they can make one
> month's rent or something and say "thanks for being there when we
> needed you. we're returning the favor," ? pah-leez
Um, dude, this is a business relationship, not an attempt to become
best buddies with Eyetech or something. Here's how it works: you
support Eyetech, and the next time you want to buy some Amiga stuff,
they're still in business, so you can get what you want instead of
an empty office and a disconnected phone. Simple, isn't it?
Anyway, if you care about running AmigaOS4 on new hardware, right now
an AmigaOne(point5) is your *only* option. Not a Teron CX board (do
they *really* even exist that a Joe Average can just mail order them
from somewhere?), not Pegasos (which seems to have gone MIA lately,
though for the sake of a little competition I hope it gets released
eventually and gets OS4 support).
AmigaOne news update : Comment 26 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by unclecurio on 16-Mar-2002 00:57 GMT
In reply to Comment 25 (ehaines):
Sod it, let them go out and buy the wrong boards. They'll get no support, OS4 won't run and, hopefully, they'll learn a lesson. Even if they do save a few bucks (which I doubt, in the long run) they'll get no support whatsoever and, most probably, will never get a working machine. Eyetech aren't world leaders in hardware but they're all we have for the moment. As far as I'm concerned, it's worth a few extra notes to ensure that the line doesn't begin and end with the Amiga1.5
AmigaOne news update : Comment 27 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by J.R. Vidueira on 16-Mar-2002 01:07 GMT
GREAT News! So far, so good. Now let's see how OS4 comes out ...
AmigaOne news update : Comment 28 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 16-Mar-2002 01:19 GMT
In reply to Comment 3 (Seehund):
One thing is a qouted price, another is the requirement amount of
boards. I guess Mai is not in any way interested in doing business
directly with consumers, so that $300 is probably only if you would
like to buy 1000+ (or at least a couple of hundres) boards from them.
Otherwise they would just laugh or at least don't bother at all..
AmigaOne news update : Comment 29 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Mad Dr. Z on 16-Mar-2002 02:17 GMT
This is awsome, just wish it had more PCI slots.
Now if they will just design a A1 SBC... oh, well... there is all ways the future. :)
-Mad Dr Z
AmigaOne news update : Comment 30 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigo on 16-Mar-2002 04:12 GMT
Um,dude,
i know how it is. what youre saying isnt what im referring to. *i know* they're not supported. *I never said* i disagreed with supporting these companies.that wasnt what Anon was arguing as far as the bit i referred to. *I was only addressing* what this person said about this "you think it's your god given right" business. nothing more and nothing less. *i understand* it's not a personal realationship, but as far as i can tell *it is so* with some people and seems so with Anon.
*simple to see*, isn't it?
AmigaOne news update : Comment 31 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigo on 16-Mar-2002 04:23 GMT
i never said i was going out to buy that board. you're associating what i said within the context of what Seehund said. i only came in defense of any person's right to economize which i think is fine and not whether Seehund's decision is good or not, one only he can make but personally i wouldn't. whatever. i see people here are just trying to be helpful. it's just a misunderstanding and maybe what i said can be construed either way. sorry.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 32 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Bill on 16-Mar-2002 04:38 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
Thats my point, this is a mac clone . Exact same outdated technology ,except for the cpu. This is suppose to be a new AMiga give me a break every pc or mac guy is laughing at all the Amiga people that think this is new. So this isnt AMIGA much less AMIGAONE. I know one guy that is about to lower the boom on AMIGA and Eyetech if they dont straighten up for creating such falsehoods on the AMIGAONE. You should to go to his website with the same name of his trademarked name AMIGAONE.
I only hope that AMIGA is telling the truth that this is a first generation new mac clone and we wont be going backasswords.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 33 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigammc on 16-Mar-2002 04:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (Anonymous):
>Eyetech has not done anything in the last 2 years, completely nothing.
And who the heck are you to make such an accusation? Eyetech designed a board, I had it in my hands, and so did other people here, if they decided at the end to go with another design is because they realize that the original project was gonna be very expensive and much more time consuming than expected. Had they continued you would have seen an AmigaOne system for the cost of $2,000 and much less powerful than the current one. At least they've been smart enough to make the right decision, not everybody would do that.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 34 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by amigammc on 16-Mar-2002 04:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (4pLaY):
Amen!
The whole community, from usenet to mailing lists and websites has turned into a bunch of whiners
AmigaOne news update : Comment 35 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 16-Mar-2002 04:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Bill):
Hey, I'm a 'pc guy' and I'm not laughing. Please don't speak on behalf of mac and pc users, and I wont speak on behalf of you.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 36 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Seehund on 16-Mar-2002 05:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Bill):
Hi Shawn! So please, please, please tell us how an Amiga board should be designed. Better yet, why not use that "trademark" of yours to design and distribute a custom motherboard? I'm sure you'll be able to fund the project from the heaps of cash you'll be raking in from suing Eyetech and Amiga Inc. If you want people to laugh^H^H^H^H^Hlook at your web site you should have bothered to give us the URL: http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~amigaone/
AmigaOne news update : Comment 37 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Prince Charles on 16-Mar-2002 08:59 GMT
In reply to Comment 36 (Seehund):
Wow! I've seen some deranged websites in my time, but this one really
takes the proverbial biscuit. Can't spell or parse a coherent
sentence, no grasp of facts, and comes over like the demented
self-important ravings of a weirdo. You'll go a long way in web
design!
The bit about the Amiga being supported by the Royal Family is
especially hilarious.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 38 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by dan on 16-Mar-2002 09:17 GMT
wow.
I own a 060 amiga3000 and a mac G4@400 and would gladly shell out $2K+
on a PPC board for amiga. but not for this weak spec of a box. its not worth
the money that thay are asking. (ohh boy am i gonna get flamed now)
these spec's would make a great laptop, however for a desktop it seems really weak.
i was hoping for something like the new imac (apple.com) in power.
I would want the power of a 'apple' type hardware under my next generation Amiga.
with apple offering of software for creating a media hub, it can do flash, avi, mp3, and mpeg video. one can also make personal mix music cd's at a click of a button (itunes) and master DVD videos. all in a little slick looking package.
this amiagone is an investment in the future, however this offering is just to weak for this old power user.
if offered as a laptop i would grap one up. if i could get the amigaDE for
MacOS X i would also grab it.
thanks,
dan
AmigaOne news update : Comment 39 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Thomas on 16-Mar-2002 09:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 32 (Bill):
I don't understand why people are complaining about the new hardware. Suddenly everyone
seems to think that the Amiga is about killer hardware.
The Amiga has never been a killer hardware platform. So why should it suddenly be
one? How many of you guys think that the Amiga 600 had good hardware? And the Amiga 1200
when it came out? 14 Mhz in late 1992? Wasn't we supposed to get atleast a 040 in that one?
Not to mention AGA. Yeah, it was so good that noone could give us Doom back in 1993 because
it sucked big time doing games like that. And the CD32? 14Mhz in 1993?
My point is, the Amiga is not about top of the line hardware. It's about a feeling. And that
feeling can be found on a 7.14Mhz A500 and a PPC A4000T. So I can't imagine that a 600Mhz G3
motherboard can't give us that feeling. As long as there is a Amiga OS on it.
Stop complaining!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 40 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous2 on 16-Mar-2002 09:31 GMT
In reply to Comment 28 (Anonymous):
>One thing is a qouted price, another is the requirement amount of
>boards. I guess Mai is not in any way interested in doing business
>directly with consumers, so that $300 is probably only if you would
>like to buy 1000+ (or at least a couple of hundres) boards from them.
>Otherwise they would just laugh or at least don't bother at all..
Don't forget that eyetec do have to pay about $ 150,- licensce to Amiga Inc because they want to call this thing 'Amiga'
Atleast that is what bPlan did have to pay to Amiga Inc to call the Pegasos 'Amiga'
AmigaOne news update : Comment 41 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Gary on 16-Mar-2002 09:51 GMT
Even if the AmigaOne.5 have similair configuration as Mac, it's still major difference.
First, the AmigaOne.5 have UATA-100 and not UATA-66 as the Mac. The A1.5 can have maximum 2 GB RAM, the Mac can have max 1,5 GB RAM.
Second, the A1.5 costs a fraction of the price of an Macintosh G3/G4 of any kind! The A1.5 have 133Mhz system bus. The same as the top of the line PowerMacs. The A1.5 have 5 PCI 33/66Mhz slots. Only the high-end Macs have PCI slots. Not the iMacs.
/Thomas
AmigaOne news update : Comment 42 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Chris Roccati on 16-Mar-2002 09:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 33 (amigammc):
> And who the heck are you to make such an accusation? Eyetech
> designed a board, I had it in my hands, and so did other people here,
> if they decided at the end to go with another design is because they
> realize that the original project was gonna be very expensive and much
> more time consuming than expected.
I've heared similar things about the BOXER a lot of times, you know?
Besides, they gave up because their own design because it would have
taken atleast two more years to reach a working design...
Please don't take us as fools. We arent.
> Had they continued you would have seen an AmigaOne system for the
> cost of $2,000 and much less powerful than the current one.
Yet, six months ago, everybody sweared on his own soul that amigaone
was almost ready and it would cost less than $1000...
> At least they've been smart enough to make the right decision, not
> everybody would do that
No, they simply had no choice: without something to sell for some two
more years was not an option.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 43 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 16-Mar-2002 10:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 42 (Chris Roccati):
> Yet, six months ago, everybody sweared on his own soul that amigaone
> was almost ready and it would cost less than $1000...
As you can see now it was true :) AmigaOne is ready now and it will cost less than $1000 so what's the problem ?
AmigaOne news update : Comment 44 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 16-Mar-2002 11:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 39 (Thomas):
<<The 1200 was lame because is can't play Doom>>
Typical Amiga user -- a dickhead.
AmigaOne news update : Comment 45 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by AndyC on 16-Mar-2002 11:30 GMT
I cant believe there is so much bitching on this forum!
Jeeeeeezzz!!! >:-(
ITS A NEW AMIGA for Pete's Sake!!!!
ITS COMPARATIVELY PRICED to a decent Mac/PC
If you have an old PC (like me) with a graphics card et al, you can just take out the PC Mobo and chuck the new board in!
OS4 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!! and it sounds great!
Change the record folks will you!! and keep your chin up... its what we've been waiting for!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 46 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by José on 16-Mar-2002 11:58 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (dan):
That's a copmlete LIE:)
The iMac has 100mhz bus!!!!!!!!!At least the 1400$ model does. It has a G4 at 700mhz. I didn't had the patience to check but I bet the more expensive 800mhz model has 100mhz bus too.
The only problem with the first AmigaOnes selling is that they have G3600mhz. Still, for little more, if you wait just sometime, there will be versions with sockets.
Also With the iMac, you can't built your own computer. You can't buy the parts you want independently.
Please SHUT UP before posting lies.
No, don't get it too personall:)
AmigaOne news update : Comment 47 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Tony Gore on 16-Mar-2002 11:59 GMT
Well, I wish the board had a 1GHz PPC G4 on it as well, but I think that once the systems start to sell, and the user base of AmigaOS 4 starts to take off, we will see other companies wanting to get in on the action and start offering Amiga compatable motherboards and then the competition will really begin. That will bring the prices down quicker and the feature list up. But this is a starting point, and to be honest, I'm just glad they didn't opt for a 300MHz G3!!!!
AmigaOne news update : Comment 48 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by JOsé on 16-Mar-2002 12:02 GMT
It's cheap open, and equivalent to high power Mac!!! (well the version with socket will be, wich is what I'll wait for)
Also, expect to start seing higher sales than expected, because of the Linux community:)
THIS IS THE ONLY GOOD NEWS IN 5 YEARS:)
AmigaOne news update : Comment 49 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by AmiTroll on 16-Mar-2002 12:14 GMT
Ahh this is hysterical. AmiTroll wery happy twoday.
First AmiTroll think Amiga machine was Mac clone
cuz other trolls say so here and say it's outdated
technology. Err, hey what is technology anyway?
AmiTroll confused... GRUNT!
So AmiTroll buy Mac and me bash pretty see through
case into a million little bits. AmiTroll not see
PCI, AmiTroll not see 2Gig ram. But AmiTroll knows
cuz he been told that Amiga machine is less.
AmiTroll confused. How can AmigaOne be old tech
with more memory and better expansion and no ugly
box like Mac. AmiTroll liked smashing that Mac
case yes hehehehe! Lots of pretty bits fly in the
air! Fun fun for AmiTroll. And AmiTroll then hear
that AmigaOne is same technology as PC because of
same north/southbrigdge bus. So Amiga not old tech
but current tech. This so confusing, my head hurts.
Someone give AmiTroll an aspirin. Ok, so first
AmigaOne is outdated tech. But then it's Mac clone
which is dated tech, but then its uses new
northbridge/southbridge thingys but that makes it
PC and not Mac clone, so it's not Mac clone but
PC clone but not PC cpu. More aspirin please, UGH!
So AmiTroll think the other trolls are making up
stuff because they now must eat thier own words
about an Amiga computer never coming out again and
this is the last few gasping words before they
have to swallow.
ERR UGH GRUNT
AmigaOne news update : Comment 50 of 141ANN.lu
Posted by Rik Sweeney on 16-Mar-2002 12:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 49 (AmiTroll):
Gollum Gollum...
Anonymous, there are 141 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 100] [101 - 141]
Back to Top