09-Aug-2020 22:42 GMT.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Anonymous, there are 94 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 94]
[Rant] Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic productsANN.lu
Posted on 01-Mar-2003 22:14 GMT by Ace2k94 comments
View flat
View list
After the comments on here by Bill Buck himself I`m not buying any of his products. I have had enough of Bill Bucks attitude and have decided not to buy any of his products.
This is my choice -his products have potential. But no.
1) Lawsuit against AmigaInc
2) comments against Amiga companies
3) Personal threats & slander
4) questional piracy comments
5) Peg1 to peg2 change
These are ANTI-AMIGA actions on this fragile community.
Enough is enough.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 1 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by brotheris on 01-Mar-2003 21:32 GMT
then you shouldn't buy any amiga related product.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 2 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Nate Downes on 01-Mar-2003 21:35 GMT
let's tear these things down in order:

1) Lawsuit against AmigaInc

What else is a company to do when promiced product is not delivered after paying for it, causing an entire line of products to fail as a result?


2) comments against Amiga companies

What Amiga companies are you referring to?


3) Personal threats & slander

By this logic, you should never buy a Hyperion product.


4) questional piracy comments

What piracy comments?


5) Peg1 to peg2 change

Releasing a new and improved motherboard is a bad thing? Oh no! EVERYONE STOP RUNNING YOUR AMIGA 1200'S! EVERYONE MUST RUN AMIGA 1000'S ONLY!
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 3 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ville Sarell on 01-Mar-2003 21:39 GMT
1. Get a so called life

2. Relax, it's not doomsday (world is not exploding or anything like that)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 4 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by T_Bone on 01-Mar-2003 21:46 GMT
The fact that you counted "Lawsuit against Amiga Inc" as one of the things that offended you, pretty much tells the whole story about your stance, you were already prejudiced into your chosen camp, be honest.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 5 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Troels Ersking on 01-Mar-2003 21:51 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Nate Downes):
@Nate

"What else is a company to do when promiced product is not delivered after paying for it, causing an entire line of products to fail as a result?"

You are certainly twisting the truth here. Amiga never recieved any of the hardware and there where other reasons than the lack of AmigaDE as to why Thendic didn't deliver the announced products.

To be more concrete. Thendic could not compete with the big players in the ARM and CE environment.

Btw: Whats your connection with Genesi??
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 6 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by tired on 01-Mar-2003 23:03 GMT
1) Lawsuit against AmigaInc

it was necessary to make stop the continuous aggresivity of ainc
against thendic/genesi
It was a wise solution and it worked : you can notice that now ainc
shut his mouth a little bit more instead of saying bullshits
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 7 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 01-Mar-2003 23:25 GMT
In reply to Comment 6 (tired):
Oh yes! Genesi never talk BS against Amiga.inc,Hyperion,MAI,Eyetech.

Genesi always tells the truth about Amiga.inc,Hyperion,MAI,Eyetech.

Genei knows more about Amiga.inc,Hyperion,MAI,Eyetech's products than Amiga.inc,Hyperion,MAI,Eyetech do.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 8 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 01:12 GMT
In reply to Comment 7 (Anonymous):
You probably don't know how close you are to the truth.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 9 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Another}Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 03:05 GMT
In reply to Comment 8 (Anonymous):
Anonymous said
> You probably don't know how close you are to the truth.

Yes, that was very Twilight Zone, wasn't it? ;-)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 10 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by bbrv on 02-Mar-2003 07:42 GMT
Hi Ace2k,

Since you have mentioned my name specifically, I should be able to answer you. I will using the order you listed...

1. The lawsuit against Amiga.

Our license for Amiga DE, our legal complaint for Breech of Contract, and Amiga Inc.'s answer are all a matter of public record. The Court will render a decision after all the issues are considered. Discovery and document production are next. People will be able to make up their own minds as many more details become public. It seems time for many things to become more well known.

2. Amiga "company"

If you are discussing Hyperion, what exactly did we say against them? We offered them a Pegasos and to support the process of bringing OS4 legally to the platform (please do not misquote me -- there has been enough of that).

3. Please post here the "personal threats and slander" I am accused of making.

4. The OS4 dongle "strategy" is based on concepts that indicate a significant lack of understanding of this market. There is nothing questionable about what we have said. You may have a problem understanding that.

5. The Pegasos I to Pegasos II change? Do you think this is something bad? You are really out of touch here. We are offering a complete upgrade for 200 Euros. If you are a Phoenix member that would be roughly 599 Euros for a G4 Pegasos with DDR and three one GB ethernet channels. What is wrong with that?

Contrary to being anti-Amiga, we are actually bringing many people back to the Community and organizing many that are still here to do something useful. You should see all the new subscribers to the Phoenix mailing list for Resellers, Application Developers, Game Developers, User Groups, the Demo Scene, etc. Have you noticed the "Kommunity" is getting smaller and smaller and the real Community spirit is coming back.

Finally, the Pegasos I sold out so you missed you chance to boycott the products already...;-)

Sincerely,

Bill Buck (and Raquel Velasco)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 11 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Delphi on 02-Mar-2003 07:52 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (bbrv):
Bill, your continuous writing in such public forums like ann is proof enough, that you are not honest.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 12 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by bbrv on 02-Mar-2003 08:14 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (Delphi):
Hi Delphi, honest about what? Could you please be more specific than just insulting?

Bill
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 13 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 08:41 GMT
>Our license for Amiga DE, our legal complaint for Breech of Contract, and >Amiga Inc.'s answer are all a matter of public record

When did Pegasos became a Windows CE based gaming device ? :)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 14 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by bbrv on 02-Mar-2003 08:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (catohagen):
Hi Cato!

The Cashboy is not a Windows CE device either...read the agreement!

;-)

Bill
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 15 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Remco Komduur on 02-Mar-2003 08:52 GMT
This is one of the things that's wrong in this community. Problems of companies are fought out on the street.

We are down to that human thing again. When someone doesn't like what the Pegasos camp says/does and tells it, he is prejudice. But the people complaining about that in the Pegasos are not prejudice. Oh no, they made a wise unprejudice disiscion ( sarcastic mode). That also goes the otherway round though.

Unfortunately ALL forum sites and news sites have degenerated to a point that you should NOT believe anymore what is said. The childish behaviour of the human nature has taken over these sites and are not a place anymore for information but a place for misinformation.

I can't stress this as much as I can to new commers of these sites: DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT IS SAID. Make up your own mind and do not let it get clouded by what is said here.

Fortunately I can't be bothered about it. So OS 4 is not ready yet and I don't have my AOne yet. BIG DEAL. I just cancelled my AmigaOne SE-G3 order and upped it to a AmigaOne XE-G4. That's right!!! I have been and always will be an Amiga user and will show it to the rest with upped mainbord order. And don't give me any crap remarks that it's not an Amiga. It is.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 16 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 08:54 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (bbrv):
ive read the documents, but I cant see the reason for the breech of contract...
maybe someone can point it out ? Alkis hinted about someting, but wouldnt tell :)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 17 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by MiniBobF on 02-Mar-2003 09:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (bbrv):
@bbrv

5. The Pegasos I to Pegasos II change? Do you think this is something bad? You are really out of touch here. We are offering a complete upgrade for 200 Euros. If you are a Phoenix member that would be roughly 599 Euros for a G4 Pegasos with DDR and three one GB ethernet channels. What is wrong with that?

From that I can make the assumption that Pegasos II utilises the Marvell Discovery II, is this a correct assumption to make?? If so, don't expect anyone to attempt to 'port' (i.e crack dongle) AmigaOS4, seeing as ArticaS and Disco II are not software compatible. Unlesss, of course, you expect Hyperion to port the HAL for you??? Yeah, like that's gonna happen....

Neil Thomas, AKA MiniBobF
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 18 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Sigbjørn Skjæret on 02-Mar-2003 10:01 GMT
In reply to Comment 17 (MiniBobF):
There was never any proposition to port/crack/whatever the "dongle-code" in OS4 to make it work on Pegasos .. anyone with a little insight would know that this simply won't work, as the Pegasos does differ (most significantly in the southbridge) abit from the AmigaOne, so OS4 would require quite abit more modifications to make it work on a Pegasos, something which only Hyperion can do .. the only thing you would gain from cracking OS4 would be the ability to run it on those cheaper "unlicensed" Teron boards...


- CISC
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 19 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by bbrv on 02-Mar-2003 10:04 GMT
Hi Remco, I actually agree with you 100%. As I was being bashed, I felt like I needed to answer. Especially, because the original poster was so incorrect in his statements. Not responding is close to "agreement." Of course, these continued attacks do give us the opportunity to respond and set the record straight. You will notice when there are not any intelligent arguments the comments give way to insult. It is sad, but things will improve as the market adjusts.

Hi Cato, read "harder."

Hi Neil, good assumption, hence the new layout which is in progress. Nevertheless, remember a company like Plexuscom can still license and produce the Pegasos I. This will still have the Artica and why it will still work for OS4.

Sincerely,

Raquel and Bill
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 20 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 02-Mar-2003 10:10 GMT
In reply to Comment 2 (Nate Downes):
>> 1) Lawsuit against AmigaInc
> What else is a company to do when promiced product is not delivered after paying for it, causing an entire line of products to fail as a result?

BS. Read the press release by thendic.
Oh, yeah, when announcing they sue amiga they lied because they promised details in 2 weeks and didnt deliver - bah.

>> 3) Personal threats & slander
> By this logic, you should never buy a Hyperion product.
BS. Name any incident of personal threats by any hyperion employee. For bb its too easy to find such a reference.


>> 4) questional piracy comments
> What piracy comments?
Tolerating and encouraging hacking of OS4 to run on pegasos.

>> 5) Peg1 to peg2 change
> Releasing a new and improved motherboard is a bad thing? Oh no!
CPU cards were a major factor in marketing the peg1 board, thats what he probably meant.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 21 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Kronos on 02-Mar-2003 10:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 20 (Ketzer):
3. You mean like calling the whole MOS-team a a bunch of criminals, who
couldn't write a single line of their own code ?
And yes that what was implied by the stolen-source accustions.

4. "Tolerating" is hardly the right word. They just say that someone will try
it (and there can be no doubt about that) and guessing that someone will
succeded in it. Making an official/legal version of OS4 unavailable like it
is been done by the licence-scheme is what is encouraging this effort, not
Bill's over to give a boartd to Hyperion.

5) They realised that developing and producing an G4-update for the Peg1 would
cost more money and time than it is worth, and therefore decided to move on
to a new and vastly superiot mobo. Just like the possibility of connecting an
A1200 was used as an argument for the A1 for a long, and than suddenly they
had to admit that something like that will never exist.

Plans do not allways work out they were thought. Something you should have
learned after 3 years of AInc *eg*
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 22 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by bbrv on 02-Mar-2003 10:41 GMT
Hi Ketzer, are you becoming part of the disinformation campaign too?! :-(

What Press Release? What details about the lawsuit are not disclosed? You have access to everything. There is nothing else!

When did we ever slander a Hyperion employee? We said Ben was intelligent and the guys working on OS4 were good developers. Could you refer me to the slander? Threats? We did not threaten anyone. You see only action from our side, not just talk.

Tolerating and encouraging piracy??!! Can you read? Try again Ketzer.

The Pegasos I will have a CPU module upgrade. Maybe it is a language problem. Specific details were on www.morphzone.org a week ago.

Sincerely,

Raquel and Bill

P.S. Thanks Kronos! :-)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 23 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 11:36 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (bbrv):
>The Pegasos I will have a CPU module upgrade. Ah, when you say G4 does not make much sense, how about a nice 1GHz G3?Or will there be a limited run of G4 cards to develop/test Altivec appsto give Pegasos2-G4 a head start?
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 24 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by greenboy on 02-Mar-2003 12:06 GMT
>>> 4) questional piracy comments

http://www.ann.lu/comments2.cgi?show=1046272707&category=news&number=177

No sense in typing the ideas again. Most people who read the original statements should have been able to have seen them in context in the first place. Perhaps camp polarization makes bad readers out of many of us ; }
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 25 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by alles_Freaks on 02-Mar-2003 13:10 GMT
same for me, i thought it to be a good alternative, maybe i whould have brought it, but i dont want somthing from such ppl/community...
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 26 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Nate Downes on 02-Mar-2003 14:55 GMT
In reply to Comment 13 (catohagen):
Since when is the Cashboy a gaming product?
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 27 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by MiniBobF on 02-Mar-2003 15:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Sigbjørn Skjæret):
@Sigbjørn Skjæret

With reference to your comment:

"There was never any proposition to port/crack/whatever the "dongle-code" in OS4 to make it work on Pegasos .. anyone with a little insight would know that this simply won't work"

I'd like to refer you to comment 19 which says

"Hi Neil, good assumption, hence the new layout which is in progress. Nevertheless, remember a company like Plexuscom can still license and produce the Pegasos I. This will still have the Artica and why it will still work for OS4."

I interpret this to mean
1) Pegasos II will not be compatible with a current OS4 HAL.
2) Plexuscom will licence and produce Pegasos I
3) Pegasos I will still work with current OS4 HAL

So, it's fair to assume that 'porting' OS4 to Pegasos I has been considered by bbrv (Note I'm not saying considered doing it himself, or by Genesi). Had it not have been considered there would be no need to say "This will still have the Artica and why it will still work for OS4."

Neil Thomas, AKA MiniBobF
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 28 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 02-Mar-2003 15:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 22 (bbrv):
> Hi Ketzer, are you becoming part of the disinformation campaign too?! :-(
No, but I feel free to make up my own opinion. Besides I find it questionable which company is targeted by a "disinformation campaign".

> What Press Release?
Your press release conerning the cancellation of the original product that was supposed to have DE. It did not mention DE at all.

> What details about the lawsuit are not disclosed? You have access to everything. There is nothing else!
That was sarcasm. I know there is nothing else to release but you promised details in a certain time span and were unable to present any (see your announcement of the court case).

> When did we ever slander a Hyperion employee?
Hyperion? Not that I know of. Several individuals here on ann? Definately.
"No Mai without april" comes to mind too, though that is subject to discussion.

> Threats? We did not threaten anyone.
I consider threatening to post personal information a threat.

> You see only action from our side, not just talk.
Maybe there really is a language barrier.

> Tolerating and encouraging piracy??!! Can you read? Try again Ketzer.
Many people read it that way. You have no plans to do it yourself, you have no 3rd third party at hand to do it. Yet you explicitly promise a version _without_ a dongle.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 29 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 02-Mar-2003 15:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (Kronos):
> Plans do not allways work out they were thought. Something you should have
learned after 3 years of AInc *eg*

Oh really? You needed Amiga Inc for that? Perhabs you care to enlighten some other people around here that scream at every ocassion.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 30 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 02-Mar-2003 15:46 GMT
In reply to Comment 21 (Kronos):
> 3. You mean like calling the whole MOS-team a a bunch of criminals, who
couldn't write a single line of their own code ?

Thats *your* *interpretation* and it would be completely off even if the original accusation was true (which hasnt been prooved one way or another, which means the public should assume nothing illegal happened).
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 31 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Christophe Decanini on 02-Mar-2003 15:49 GMT
In reply to Comment 27 (MiniBobF):
On the subject of OS4 for Pegasos I think that a possible scenario would be:

- A certain number of customers ask for a Pegasos/OS4 solution
- A company (example: Vesalia) decide to license the Pegasos 1 from Genesi.
- They get a license from Amiga/Hyperion to get OS4 ported to it (to handle the diff in the southbridge)
- This company distributes the Pegasos/OS4 solution

Eitheir Hyperion does an OS4 version that runs on OF which let the possibility of dual booting with MorphOS, either PPC boot is burned in the Pegasos bios which will prevent MorphOS from running.

This is of course pure speculation as the main question would be to know how much people would ask for such a solution when other solutions exist.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 32 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 16:18 GMT
In reply to Comment 11 (Delphi):
> Bill, your continuous writing in such public forums like ann is proof enough, that you are not honest.

Well, the profound logic of your argument doesn't make you and us look any better. Rent a brain ;-)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 33 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Tonya on 02-Mar-2003 17:04 GMT
In reply to Comment 10 (bbrv):
BBRV: 3. Please post here the "personal threats and slander" I am accused of making.

do you really think people forget as easy as you seem to do? , if i was to answer to this question i would have been sued and alot more people , as thats what your EMAILS say , the threats and all the BS.

sure i could hack a IP and post it here but it wouldnt have lasted long until everyone had gone crazy , i know there is over 10 people with simmilar emails and on the boards around us there should be more than 100 messages with slander and personal slander from you.

IT IS A SHAME , i have always been an AMIGA user... and i will keep on using it but i wont buy an PEGASOS and i know MANY others share the same opinion as me and the reason is because of FACTS and not lame POSTS on a unregged BOArD like this.

i stopped reading posts here, and i just browsed today and i found this post, so i had to answer when i saw this answer u wrote.

Stop beeing an #@%#@$^ and then u might stand a chance in this small community.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 34 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Kelly Samel on 02-Mar-2003 17:19 GMT
I am not sure what could possibly give you this
opinion of Bill. In the time that I have been
investigating Genesi's products and direction I
have found Bill and the rest of Genesi to be
very helpful, honest and motivated to really do
something. Your comments are taken out of context
and with a lack of information in my opinion.

1. Amiga lawsuit? - Genesi has a right to protect
themselves legally - this is up to a court to decide.
I do not know the information or facts regarding this
so really can't comment.

2. I haven't heard anything particularly negative spoken
about Amiga companies, quite the opposite. Bill has been
working hard to bring Amiga companies together to
work on new software and hardware for this market through
several channels. (phoenix, forums, ann, amiga.org, privately)

3. Haven't seen any evidence of this at all. Look back at
yourself when you make this comment...

4. There has been some confusion on exactly how OS4 would end
up on Pegasos, but piracy was never mentioned or discussed.
It seems that Pegasos1 would make a perfect platform for OS4
though and I can see an Amiga company taking advantage of this.

5. Well Genesi is already onto their 2nd generation of products
with improved features and a great upgrade deal. Amiga users
just aren't used to new products being released in quick
sucession but this is the price of progress. ;) I recall
*several* Amiga models being released in the past so what's
the difference here? They are just giving people what they
want, a modern and powerful hardware line that will grow and
expand with the market needs.

These are not anti-amiga actions. These actions are rejuvenating
a creative spirit and community that has been sitting idle for
too long. I am in the mind of supporting all efforts that share
the common goal of creating a new and exciting platform for Amiga
users. Right now, Pegasos/MorphOS is the only existing product
that is achieving this goal with some success. I think Genesi
and MorphOS/Pegasos are here to stay so lets support them instead
of making unfound accusations...
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 35 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 17:23 GMT
In reply to Comment 18 (Sigbjørn Skjæret):
> There was never any proposition to port/crack/whatever the "dongle-code" in OS4 >to make it work on Pegasos .. anyone with a little insight would know that this >simply won't work

maybe you could learn mr.buck some little insight, because he still claims
OS4 will run on Pegasos without dongle :)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 36 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 17:25 GMT
In reply to Comment 34 (Kelly Samel):
i dont care what you think of amiga.inc or genesi.

I dont want genesi's products.

If i dont get my Aone/Aos4 this year i will go AppleMac.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 37 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 17:29 GMT
In reply to Comment 14 (bbrv):
> The Cashboy is not a Windows CE device either.

was any of your products sent to Amiga Inc for adapting AmigaDe on them ?

If I read the docs right, you want Amiga Inc to port Amiga DE for Pegasos ?
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 38 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 17:40 GMT
In reply to Comment 34 (Kelly Samel):
>Right now, Pegasos/MorphOS is the only existing product
>that is achieving this goal with some success.

And all the work on OS4 is ?

And the AmigaOne ? THe advantage I see with AmigaOne/Teron are that the hardware
manufacturer doesnt depend on our little community to survive, ofcource the
hardware is outdated if you compare it with modern PC hardware, but they dont have a 10-20 meg OS installation to run either.

If Amiga Inc and/or Eyetech go bust, you can still buy the hardware.

What happends if Genesi goes bust, what guaranty do users have that the hardware is/will be still available ? Morphos is still not available
as a product, you get it for free with you product, and then you must
download updates from their ftp all the time..
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 39 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 18:26 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (catohagen):
> > Right now, Pegasos/MorphOS is the only *EXISTING PRODUCT* [my emph.]
> > that is achieving this goal with some success.

> And all the work on OS4 is ?

...(greatly appreciated) work on OS4, not an *EXISTING PRODUCT*.

> If Amiga Inc and/or Eyetech go bust, you can still buy the hardware.

Not if you want to run AmigaOS on it. You're only allowed to buy your Teron from Eyetech if you want to do that, remember? Someone felt like restricting the hardware market for AmigaOS and us who want to buy it, pretending that there's still a need or want for "Amigas". We can only hope that this outrageous stupidity will change *before* Ainc or Eyetech go bust...
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 40 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Anonymous on 02-Mar-2003 18:37 GMT
In reply to Comment 39 (Anonymous):
>Not if you want to run AmigaOS on it. You're only allowed to buy your Teron >from Eyetech if you want to do that, remember?

Vesalia :

OS 4 Enabler for 'LinuxOne': Upgrade Kit to make the 'LinuxOne' AmigaOS 4 compliant 159 Eur
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 41 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Iggy Drougge on 02-Mar-2003 18:47 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (catohagen):
Actually, if Eyetech/AInc. go bust, you cannot buy the hardware. Remember that little licence/dongle deal, thought up exactly to prevent you from buying a generic Teron board.

As for Genesi, it seems that they're just as independent of our community as ever AInc. and company.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 42 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by logain on 02-Mar-2003 18:50 GMT
In reply to Comment 38 (catohagen):
>>Right now, Pegasos/MorphOS is the only existing product
>And all the work on OS4 is ?

Not an existing product!

>The advantage I see with AmigaOne/Teron are that the hardware manufacturer doesnt depend on our little community to survive

Genesi does not depend on this community either or do you think the initial 150000 Pegasos-STB Units will be produced exclusively for the Amiga-Community? ;-)

>If Amiga Inc and/or Eyetech go bust, you can still buy the hardware

And if Mai stops developing the Teron they dont have any Hardware to run their OS on (except on old Phase5/DCE PPC-Cards).
Genesi does not depend on any manufacturer because they are the manufacturer of both, Hardware & Software.
I think this is a huge advantage for Genesi!

Funny to see how you ppl like you even try to spin something positive for the 'Amiga'-Trio out of this situation ;-)

>Morphos is still not available as a product,

You get MorphOS on a CD with every Pegasos.

>you get it for free with you product,

Why are you making a false claim and deliver the correct answer in the next sentence? :-)

>and then you must download updates from their ftp all the time..

Yes, you CAN dl updates as you can do for every OS System on the market. Windows f.e. can even update its parts automatically.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 43 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Kelly Samel on 02-Mar-2003 19:16 GMT
OS4 may become a viable product but currently it
is not released. I will give you my honest opinion
on this, but it is ultimately up to each individual
to decide what solution is best for him/her.

The A1 hardware was not designed for Amiga users and it
shows. A1 looks like an off-the-shelf pc motherboard.
Pegasos is in the tradition of quality hardware that went
into the original Amiga systems. Pegasos is the first
system in awhile that is attracting non-Amiga users too.
PegasosII will widen this gap further.

The original A1 design that DKB was working
on showed some real promise but these MaiLogic boards are not
interesting for me. A custom "Amiga" solution was originally
the idea and they did not deliver, instead they now buy
boards from MaiLogic (and raise the price) because it's their
last resort. (in my opinion) Genesi can offer better support,
supply and pricing since they produce their own integrated solution.

Again, Genesi has a real product. They have a quality
OS and HW solution. Talking about companies going
bust is theoretical at best and you can not predict the
future. Genesi is building a profitable global business and
does not rely *only* on our small community as you seem to think?
Having the *trust* and loyalty of your customers and business
associates means a lot and will benefit Genesi in the end.
Coming and participating in these community forums shows that
they are actually dedicated to their customers and interested
in their platform.

MorphOS is included with the Pegasos now and works well.
The fact that it is being updated is a feature not
something negative. I support OS4 on Pegasos but right
now MorphOS is the only thing happening. If Hyperion can
offer OS4 for Pegasos they could gain some fans, but
Amiga Inc. may have burned too many bridges already.

I don't intend to sway anyone from what they think or want
to do, but just to give insight as to why *I* support Genesi's
efforts thus far. If OS4 launches on some nice hardware and
proves to be competitive then naturally I will consider it a
viable Amiga solution.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 44 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by catohagen on 02-Mar-2003 19:22 GMT
In reply to Comment 42 (logain):
>Not an existing product!

ok... to the public..:)

>Genesi does not depend on this community either or do you think the initial >150000 Pegasos-STB Units will be produced exclusively for the Amiga-Community? >;-)

where can I buy this STB ? and, there are better stb's than the one Genesi can
deliver...and other stb's run a far more advanced OS suited for STB's than
morphos :) Voyager for browsing and Frogger to play DVD movies ? Genesi dont
have software yet to make/deliver a stb.....unless they run a different host os ?


>And if Mai stops developing the Teron they dont have any Hardware to run their >OS on (except on old Phase5/DCE PPC-Cards).
>Genesi does not depend on any manufacturer because they are the manufacturer >of both, Hardware & Software.
>I think this is a huge advantage for Genesi!

Mai is a huge company compared to Genesi, i fail to see how you could even
predict Mai stopping production of Articas or Teron's....but ofcource anything
can happen.. :)

>Funny to see how you ppl like you even try to spin something positive for the >'Amiga'-Trio out of this situation ;-)

What do you mean 'you ppl' ?

>You get MorphOS on a CD with every Pegasos.

>Why are you making a false claim and deliver the correct answer in the next >sentence? :-)

To confuse everyone :)

no, is morphos available as a complete product with installer ?

last install guide I saw, was not how a finished product should be delivered,
where you manually copy the contents from the cd(didnt the cd contain a iso
image of an cd too?)

Morphos isnt finished, you get the OS with the hardware, and you become
a 'betatester'...
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 45 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by breed on 02-Mar-2003 19:48 GMT
How can u blame Genesi like that?
Try to make a new computer with an OS and after u will be allowed to talk!!!
:)
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 46 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by 3seas on 02-Mar-2003 20:11 GMT
Boycotting....... heheheh.... Well if I don't buy campbells soup does that mean I'm boycotting them?

Oh... I get it, the original poster needs to make out themselves to be more than they are.

Hmmm, look at all those boycotting Microsoft.... you know them bigger then they are Linux users....

Maybe I'm boycotting Amiga because of their history of hype, bait and switch, non delivery, etc.... Not to mention the long running general troubled waters of Amiga.

Or maybe it's just statistics and intelligence applied that puts up a big red flashing stop sign to caution and warn of pending addition to the established statistics. And then there is history even before Amino, of those involved with the creation of these statistics....

As it is, even if Amiga can out with the best and most innovative product in the world, I'd inherently and expectedly be looking for the damn hook line and sinker.

This is not opinion, it is fact based on established statistics.

The public perspective blow MS suffereed from the anti-trust trial as well as their on-going deceptions and exposure of........ Well at least MS is smart enough to acknowledge this blow and recognizes there is some degree of time required to over come it....

Amiga apparently has no comprehension of the real public perspective of them.
Perhaps slashdot is some indication, as articles on and about Amiga are not well received, yet the recent articles on affordable FPGA systems, including the C=1, though the response wasn't huge, it was by far more positive and productive oriented than articles on Amiga.

I suspect Amiga, if serious about actually producing something, is interested in paying cult members and those who haven't ever heard of Amiga, as their target market, if not inclusive of MS followers.

It doesn't hardly cost anything to maintain a business license, or to hold control over Intellectual Property.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 47 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Ketzer on 02-Mar-2003 20:25 GMT
In reply to Comment 46 (3seas):
> This is not opinion, it is fact based on established statistics.

ROFLMAO that one was too much LOL.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 48 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by Collin on 02-Mar-2003 20:30 GMT
Ace2k just because your a Amiga inc blind worshiping trolling bastard who trolls so much it gets boring.
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 49 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by derf on 02-Mar-2003 20:36 GMT
In reply to Comment 48 (Collin):
"Ace2k just because your a Amiga inc blind worshiping trolling bastard who trolls so much it gets boring."

lets see, a troll who swears at ppl.. yea that will get you noticed, lmao !

and now back to our regular viewing
Enough - I will boycott Genesi/Thendic products : Comment 50 of 94ANN.lu
Posted by 3seas on 02-Mar-2003 20:43 GMT
In reply to Comment 47 (Ketzer):
Yes... it is very humorious that given the statistics there are still those in denial of them.
Anonymous, there are 94 items in your selection [1 - 50] [51 - 94]
Back to Top