|[News] Amiga 2001 news update (updated)||ANN.lu|
|Posted on 18-Nov-2001 15:07 GMT by Teemu I. Yliselä||69 comments|
Some news gathered from several sources attending the show.
A complete Pegasos-based computer system that will be on sale next year will cost approximately 1000 euro (~$900). The motherboards will also be available separately.
Hyperion and Haage & Partner are developing AmigaOS 4 with several other developers. New features include:
Hyperion also told that they've been talking with both Elbox and BPlan and that they want to have versions of AmigaOS 4 for the SharkPPC and Pegasos.
- PPC native Picasso96
- New Warp3D with "Matrox-, Permedia3- and Radeon1/2-support"
- Generic PCI-drivers
- BlizzardPPC-support evaluated
- Integrated 68k-emulation
- PPC datatypes
- Price: approximately the same as OS3.9
- Initial release planned for February
[The original item I posted had some mistakes in it, and since amiga-news.de even took down the article I used as a primary source, I decided to repost the item edited - Teemu] [I merged new article and old comments - CK]
|List of all comments to this article|
|Amiga 2001 news update (updated) : Comment 37 of 69||ANN.lu|
|Posted by Anonymous on 19-Nov-2001 03:18 GMT|
|In reply to Comment 30 (Ben Yoris/Hyperion):|
>Basicly it's a new Exec for PPC with a fast JIT 68k emulator for old 68k apps.
>The graphic system will rely on a native version of Picasso 96.
Hey, just like MorphOS - only it is native CGFX instead of P96.
Ben, I am very sad your boss couldn't even acknowledge the fact that MorphOS
has JIT emul when doing his OS4 seminar yesterday.
|List of all comments to this article (continued)||
- User Menu
- About ANN archives
- The ANN archives is powered by #AmigaZeux. It was updated daily (news last: 22-Oct-2004; comments last: 18-May-2005).
ANN.lu was created, previously owned and maintained by Christian Kemp, www.ckemp.com.
- Not possible at this time!
- Search ANN archives
- Advanced search
- ANN.lu was hosted by Dreamhost. Sign up through this link, mention "ckemp" as referrer and he will get a 10% commission on any account you purchase.
Please show your appreciation for any past,
present and future work on ANN.lu by making a contribution via PayPal.